05

I Won't Leave You

Jacklyne’s POV

            Jiyong has been annoying me all week. Since Tuesday he’s been coming to the store every single day to bother me and ask me for my number. The other co-workers are practically drooling every time he walks in the building, and they mentally slap me when I reject Jiyong every single time he asks me out.

            On Friday, it was around lunch time and I was about to go into the staff room to eat a muffin when Jiyong came in looking dead tired, wearing sweatpants and a snapback. It pains me to say this, but he looks hotter today than any other day he’s asked me out.

            “Jacklyne, I’m done with the tricks. No more fancy clothes or anything. Just please... please come have coffee with me,” he begged, hiding his eyes through his dark aviators.

            “You really do not give up, do you?” I asked, slowly walking over to him. I’d never seen such a confident G-Dragon end up looking like he was just hit by a train and still try to get the girl.

            He shook his head, smirking a little bit.

            “Ok, I’ll go have coffee with you,” I said, grabbing my jacket.

            He looked a bit shocked, but knew not to question me because he knew I would probably change my mind. I was planning for Jiyong to stop annoying me if he went on a tiny date with me and found out what I’m actually like.

 

Once we got to a small coffee shop, we ordered our drinks and a muffin for me, and then we sat down at a table in the corner of the room. It seemed like both of us went to that table at the same time without even thinking, which was kind of weird.

            “So, where did you learn how to speak English?” I asked. This question has been burning in my head since Tuesday when he said one little sentence in English, and somehow he did it with no accent.

            “When you become a YG trainee, it’s mandatory that you know Korean, English, and a third language. Where did you learn how to speak Korean?” He asked, taking a sip of his coffee.

            “I’ve lived in Korea since I was six,” I answered.

            He nodded. “I don’t think I’ve ever gotten the chance to tell you that you have a beautiful voice. When I heard you sing for... the past few days, I was honestly mesmerized.” I could tell he was flirting. He had to be flirting.

            Whether he was flirting or not, I could feel my cheeks heat up from his words. “Thank you,” I stammered, trying to cover my cheeks so he wouldn’t see them, making myself look even more awkward.

            He laughed at my reaction. “Where did you learn how to sing like that and why aren’t you famous?” He asked with a goofy grin on his face. I was starting to feel a little more comfortable around him and I could tell that he felt the same.

            I shrugged, partly recovering from my blushing attack. “I guess I just taught myself. And when I was sixteen I auditioned for YG. I should've known they wouldn’t have let me in considering I’m not even Korean, but I guess I-”

            “They aren’t racist there. I’m sure they didn’t let you in for a good reason. Like, they were deaf or something,” he joked, causing me to laugh as well as him.

            “But the same deaf people hired you around the same time so I don’t think they had any hearing problems,” I countered.

            “Well there had to be something wrong with them for hiring me instead of you.”

 

After our lunch, Jiyong drove me back to the music store, where Haneul practically attacked him as soon as he walked in the door.

            “Jiyong oppa, we have a whole class of music students coming in an hour. If it’s not much trouble I’d like you to help teach the class with Jacklyne. They’re all around fourteen years old and look up to you, so it would really mean a lot if you are not busy. I can pay you for your trouble,” Haneul begged, but I think there was part of her that knew he was going to say yes either way.

            “Of course,” Jiyong said without a pause. “And you don’t have to pay me. I get paid enough,” he added with a smile.

            Haneul squealed a bit and gave him a little too affectionate of a hug for my liking. “Thank you so much, oppa!” She smiled and turned to me, her face immediately turning expressionless. “You can go upstairs you fix the classroom while Jiyong helps me clean up down here.”

            “Actually, I think it would be better if I helped Jacklyne upstairs because I don’t want any fans recognizing me and trashing your store,” Jiyong said smoothly, sliding past Haneul and over to my side.

            Haneul looked like she’d been shot, so I attempted not to laugh as I went upstairs with Jiyong.

            “Well, I can’t do any cleaning without music,” Jiyong said after we went up to the classroom, closing the door behind him. “Is there a docking station up here where I can put my iPod?” He asked, looking around.

            “What kind of music room do you think this is?” I asked jokingly as I pulled a docking station from one of the cupboards.

            “YAY!” He cheered, grabbing it from me and plugging it in. Immediately, Somebody Told Me by The Killers blasted from the speakers.

            “I love this song!” I shouted over the music as I swayed my hips over to the bookshelf with all the music books.

            “You do?” He asked, sounding slightly surprised as he came over to the bookshelf with me.

            “Of course I do. Help me find all of the beginner piano books and singing tutorials,” I said, as I took some music books from the shelf. I admit, I was a horrible dancer but that’s fine. As long as I can sway my hips and do part of the dance for Ring Ding Dong by SHINee, I’ll survive.

            Once the chorus started, Jiyong pulled me from the bookshelf and began spinning me around the room. I laughed along with him as I tripped on my heel and fell into his chest.

            Then there was a split second when we both stared into each other’s eyes, where I felt... something. I quickly brushed it off and let go of him.

            “Um...” I turned down the music and brushed my hair behind my ear. “Do you have any ideas of how you want to help out with the class?” I asked, feeling slightly awkward.

            “I was thinking we could sing duets. Each of them could find a partner and we can practice singing duets. It’ll help them if they ever want to start a further career in music. And we could sing together as an example.” As soon as those words came out of his mouth, I could feel my mouth drop.

            “I... no. The students come here to learn how to play instruments as well as sing. We can’t just... do that. This is the first time that they’ll be having me as their teacher and I don’t want to mess things up,” I protested. I could not sing a duet with him. That would just be... no.

            “Come on, Jacklyne. It’ll be fun. Today’s and next week’s classes can be based on singing, and then the week after that you can start on piano or something.” I hated him for being so persistent. He was never going to give up until we did it.

            I groaned. “Ok, fine. If it goes horribly, I’m blaming you.”

            “And if it goes well?”

            I shrugged and looked to the floor.

            “If it goes well, you’ll go on a proper date with me,” he said, lifting my chin.

            “I’m sorry, what?” I asked, slightly taken aback by his words.

            “If the duets go well, you’ll go on a proper date with me,” he repeated, smirking. I was still trying to sort out what I’m really feeling for him, and then he just throws this at me.

            “Jiyong... was going out for coffee not enough?” I asked, feeling slightly defeated by him.

            “Why don’t you call me oppa?”

            “Answer my question first.” I realized his fingers were still holding onto my chin, so I slowly backed away from him and lowered his hand.

            “No, it wasn’t. If you agree to this, I promise not to bother you for the rest of the week, besides next Friday.” His puppy dog eyes were literally killing me from the inside out.

            I sighed. “Ok, fine.”

 

Once all the kids got here, we all sat in a circle on the floor while they all stared at Jiyong in surprise. Pay no attention to the new teacher children....

            “So, my name is Miss Martin, and I’ll be your new teacher,” I said, awkwardly as their eyes never left Jiyong. “And that is G-Dragon...” I added, silently.

            They immediately all started talking to Jiyong, doing whatever they could to get his attention.

            “Today, Miss Martin and I have something fun planned. In a way, it’s kind of like a competition,” Jiyong said, probably fighting the urge to wink at me. All the students quieted down so they could hear what he had to say. “So you have to listen to Miss Martin for the instructions.”

            With that, all of the kids stared at me. “Well, we’re all going to get into partners and practice a duet today, and you’ll present it next Friday. As an example, me and Jiyong-ssi will perform something,” I explained.

            The kids all looked at each other, already finding out who their partners were going to be, while I sat there, still feeling kind of awkward.

            “Well, then. Let’s sing, Jacklyne!” Jiyong enthused, getting off the floor and helping me up. He grabbed the acoustic guitar from the corner and plugged it into the amplifier.

            I grabbed the microphones because Jiyong wanted this performance to be as realistic as possible. His words, not mine.

            I put one of the microphones on a stand and put it in front of Jiyong, and then sat beside him on another chair.

            He started playing the guitar and it immediately brought back every memory of being with Jiyong. When we practically sang this together the first time, to when I ran into him at the grocery store. This was technically our song.

            “Are you guys dating?” Someone asked immediately after we finished the song.

            “N-”

            “Yes,” Jiyong interrupted.



I feel so empty without leaving an author's note after every chapter XD So, HERE WE GOOOO!

How do you like the story so far?

Do you like Jiyong will ever give up, or will Jacklyne fall for his tricks? :o

Please COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE because I know you want to ;D

Saranghae~~~ :)