12

I Won't Leave You

Jiyong’s POV

            The next day I had to leave early to go to work. I hated these work hours and I just wanted the difficult part to be over already. I just want to go straight to the singing and have it be over.

            When I got to the studio, the first thing I did was go up to the fourth floor to see Yang Hyun Suk. I knew he would be surprised to see me, because not everyone just goes straight to Yang Hyun Suk to ask him to give his girlfriend an audition, but I was doing it anyways. I think Jacklyne has real talent that needs to be shown off.

            I softly knocked on the door to his office and waited patiently as I heard him get up from his desk and come to open the door for me.

            “Oh Jiyong, what are you doing here?” He looked surprised when he saw me standing in front of him in my usual attire.

            “I have a question for you. Mind if we sit down?” I was trying to play this as business-like as I could to boost the chances of him saying yes.

            “Of course,” he said, sitting back behind his desk as I sat in front of him. “Now, what is it, Jiyong?”

            “Hyung, I was wondering if you could do me a favour. I promise you it will pay off in the long run,” I began my proposal.

            “Get on with it,” he said, his face falling at my words. Ok... this wasn’t going as smoothly as I’d hoped.

            “I was wondering if you would let my girlfriend audition for YG. She has a lot of talent, and I think she deserves to be here and she’ll be a great asset to the YG Family. Can you give her a chance, hyung?” I asked, almost pleading.

            “You want me to just drop everything so your girlfriend can audition for my record label? You just want me to forget all the rules?” He asked. I nodded, because that was basically what I wanted him to do. He smiled. “Tell her to come here in two hours.”

 

Jacklyne’s POV

 

I woke up to the sound of Jiyong’s ringtone blasting through the room. His ringtone was Baby Got Back, so it was pretty alarming to wake up to.

            I groaned and picked it up. “Hello?” I croaked.

            “I’m coming to pick you up in about two hours for your audition with YG,” he said, immediately. No hello, just that. Just something that I was not ready to here right when I woke up.

            “Wait... what?” I asked, rubbing my eyes.

            “You heard me. Get a song ready for Yang Hyun Suk and I’ll see you in two hours.” Then he hung up before I could protest with him. I’m not going to lie, I want to do this, but I don’t. I don’t want to go through what happened last time, but I need to learn how to take chances and I’ve wanted this for a long time.

            I got out of bed and had a quick shower while I thought of a song to sing. There were so many to choose from. I could sing a Kpop song to show off my Korean abilities, or I could sing an English song to show off where I come from. There are so many choices!

            I had to run home to get some clothes because I had nothing to wear at Jiyong’s house, and this brought back a whole bunch of anxiety, because I definitely didn’t have enough right now.

            I ran out of my car and unlocked the door to the house. Thankfully, no one was home so I didn’t have to bring up problems that I don’t need right now. I went into my room and looked through my closet for something to wear.

            I found the outfit that I felt expressed me the most, and texted Jiyong to come pick me up at my house. I wasn’t wasting gas to drive all the way back to Jiyong’s apartment when I had to come back here anyways.

            As I was waiting for Jiyong, I decided on my song choice. For a very long time, one of my favourite songs was Super Bass by Nicki Minaj, and I made my own version of the song where I sang the chorus and last verse in Korean, and rapped in English.

            A few minutes later there was a knock on the door.

            “Ji, I hate you so much,” I said as I ran into his arms. I couldn’t believe he was dragging me into something like this. But in a way I’m glad for him because he’s really trying to help me pursue my dreams.

            “I hate you too?” He asked, laughing at my sudden reaction.

            “Ok, let’s go before we’re late,” I said, grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the car.

 

We got to the YG building relatively quickly which made me even more anxious. I barely got to practice the song I was doing, but Jiyong told me it was amazing and I was going to do great.

            He lead me up to Yang Hyun Suk’s office, and knocked on the door.

            “Come in,” his familiar deep voice said. I wondered if he remembered me. I hoped he didn’t remember me because I wanted to start on a clean slate and not be reminded of my past.

            When we walked in, Yang Hyun Suk shook our hands and I struggled to hide my nerves. “Oh, I remember you,” he suddenly said.

            And that’s when the world might have stopped spinning. “You... you do?” I stammered, hoping I didn’t hear him right.

            “How could I forget the only American that has ever auditioned for YG? It was about six years ago, and you sang So Sick by Ne-Yo. Why did you decide to come back now?” He was even more serious than last time and it was kind of scary. He looks like he could kill me with his thumb. That’s why I chose to ignore the fact that he called me American.

            “Well, Jiyong oppa persuaded me to, and I’ve been thinking about auditioning for a while. I’ve been practicing.” After that sentence came out of my mouth I felt like I sounded like I was up to him. I didn’t mean for it to sound like that, but it did.

            He nodded. “Ok. What are you going to sing today?” He asked, sitting at his desk again.

            “A cover of Super Bass by Nicki Minaj.”

            After a couple seconds of awkward silence, I started singing and rapping. I let the words flow through me and made it as effortless as possible. I thought I did pretty well myself, but there’s always something you could change.

            When I was finished, I bowed and smiled a weak smile. “Gamsahabnida,” I bowed again and turned to Jiyong, who had a huge smile on his face.

            “You did amazing,” he mouthed.

            “Good job. I’ll call you sometime within the next week,” Hyun Suk said, writing something down in his notebook.

            That was it. Now I just had to leave and wait for what seems like years until he would finally call me with my future.



Sorry this crappy update took so long. I have writers block and I'm depressed.

Please comment.

Thanks for subscribing.