04

I Won't Leave You

Jiyong’s POV

            Every time I’ve met with Jacklyne, it’s just been a coincidence. But I’m starting to feel like it’s more than a coincidence. I know that sounds stupid, but it’s true. She seems to be everywhere I am.

            “Hyung, what are you doing?” Seungri asked when I came out of my room wearing my red snakeskin skinny jeans and black tank top. I was going to show off for Jacklyne, but he didn’t need to know that.

            “I’m going to get a haircut and then I’m going shopping,” I said. It was only a half lie. I was going to get a haircut and go shopping, but I was going to the music store I went to yesterday so I could flirt with Jacklyne some more.

            “Ok hyung, have fun then,” Seungri said, brushing me off and turning back to the TV.

 

When I showed up at the music store after my haircut, I couldn’t find Jacklyne anywhere, so I decided to go to the front desk.

            “G-Dragon! Annyeong-haseyo, how can I help you?” The manager asked. Her nametag said she was Haneul.

            “I’m looking for Jacklyne. Is she working today?” I asked. Might as well go all out and say it.

            “Um... I put her in the classroom today. Feel free to go up there, she’s just giving singing lessons,” Haneul said, moving her attention to the cash register.

            I quickly ran up the stairs without further questioning and stood in front of the closed door to the music room.

            “Can you match my pitch?” I heard Jacklyne ask as her angelic voice echoed through the room. Yesterday I had the pleasure of hearing her for a split second, and I was amazed by her talent.

            Another small voice matched her pitch exactly and I swear I could stand in front of this door all day, just listening to Jacklyne sing one small note over and over again.

            Before I knew it, I was softly knocking on the door, and slowly opening it. The little girl Jacklyne was teaching squealed slightly at my presence. I mean, who wouldn’t?

            “G-Dragon!” The girl said, her small hands still covering .

            “Nice to meet you,” I said, smiling at the girl. “What’s your name?” I asked, just to be respectful. I love the fans and I’m always respectful to them, because they helped me get to where I am today.

            “Jiyoung. Ming Jiyoung,” she stammered a bit, which made her even cuter. She couldn’t have been over nine years old.

            “Kwon Jiyong, what are you doing here?” Jacklyne asked, looking slightly confused. Her facial expression was so cute when she was confused.

            “Annyeong, Seonsaeng-nim,” I said, teasing slightly as I bowed in front of Jacklyne. “If you don’t mind, I would like to sit in on your lesson and possibly give a few pointers,” I offered. I knew Jacklyne couldn’t turn down an offer like that for one of her students.

            “Actually, we were just finishing the lesson by her-”

            “Oh, oppa! Please stay and listen to me sing a song for you!” Jiyoung cheered, jumping up and down in excitement.

            I stuck out my bottom lip and looked at Jacklyne. “It’s for the children,” I said in English in hopes Jiyoung wouldn’t understand.

            Jacklyne looked a bit shocked to hear me speak in English, but quickly sat down at the piano once again. “Ok, what do you want to sing, Jiyoung?” She asked, quietly.

            “I want to sing Love Recipe by Gummy,” she said, enthusiastically.

            Jacklyne sighed and began playing the piano. It was like she knew every song on the piano off by heart.

            The girl... Jiyoung, was a good singer. She could be better and her pitch was a little off at some spots, but Jacklyne didn’t miss a beat on the piano. She made it so you didn’t even miss any of the other instruments.

            “Good job, Jiyoung,” Jacklyne said after the song was finished.

            “Thank you, Seonsaeng-nim,” Jiyoung said, bowing. “What did you think, G-Dragon?” She asked, excitedly as she turned to me.

            “Good job,” I said, smiling. “Now I think your Seonsaeng-nim should sing for us before you go, just to show us that she’s worthy of being your teacher,” I said, smirking.

            Jiyoung turned to Jacklyne. “Please, please, please!” She pleaded, almost getting on her knees.

            “I don’t really think-”

            “Please!” Both me and Jiyoung shouted.

            “Fine!” Jacklyne yelled back, rubbing at her temples. “I guess I’ll sing Blue by BigBang,” she said, immediately starting to press down on the keys.

            I danced around the room with Jiyoung while Jacklyne’s beautiful voice filled the room. She hit every note perfectly, and still managed to play every note on the piano. I had no idea how this girl wasn’t famous yet.

 

Jacklyne’s POV

 

I can’t believe I just sang in front of G-Dragon. I was trying so hard to hide my nervousness, but there was just something about him that made me feel like I needed to throw up all over the floor or something.

            “Well, I have to go,” Jiyoung said, grabbing her bag. “It was nice meeting you, oppa,” she said to Jiyong, giving him a hug. She turned to me. “I’ll see you next Tuesday!” She added before running out the door.

            “Jiyong, what the hell are you doing here?” I asked after she left.

            “I wanted to buy another guitar,” he said with a smirk.

            “If you’re going to ask for my number again, the answer is no,” I said, straightening my papers and putting them into Ming Jiyoung’s file folder. I was trying to keep everything organized for once.

            “Then just dinner,” he pleaded.

            “The answer is no, Jiyong,” I said, sternly.

            “Why? What did I ever do to you?” He asked, grabbing my hands so that I would look at him.

            “You hit on me at a club in attempt to get me in your pants,” I explained. I wasn’t going to bother telling him that he was an overall douche because I wasn’t so sure anymore. He seemed kind of ok....

            “You have to admit, it was a pretty good attempt,” he teased.

            “And then you make stupid jokes like that,” I said, pulling my hands out of his. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go home because my shift is over,” I said, putting my bag over my shoulder and running downstairs before he could talk to me anymore.

            I knew someday he was going to try again, but today wasn’t going to be that day.