Shim 8

Shim in LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

let see how long it takes for me to update for the next chapter.

+++

A day of a rainy evening, Jaejoong reached the family mansion after a very long hours in his café. He received a text from his mother-in-law during lunch hour telling him that the elder Shim couple will attend a party miles away from Seoul. They might have a sleepover there. Again, he was all alone that night without no one to company. Changmin might have his schedule and to bother his husband was the last thing he will attempt to do.

He entered the house and met with another dim light and pit of darkness at every corner. Today is a very tiring work at the café and now each muscle of his was fatigue by the exhaustion. Normally he will leave everything for Junsu to supervise the café’s progression but Junsu was away for couple of weeks after married to the famous actor on rank, Park Yoochun. Thus, Jaejoong has no option but to do all the works by self from checking the stocks count to closing the café.

Due to the tiredness even to climb up the stairs to the shared bedroom, Jaejoong chose to sit on the couch and finally he drifted in slumber in no time.

He wasn’t sure how long he has been sleeping but by the growling sounds from his stomach, he could tell he has skipped the dinner time. He rubbed the baby bump lightly, uttering his sorry for his recklessness.

“Sorry, baby… Mummy will start cooking, okay? Then we’ll eat together. It’s only the two of us today. So, better behave well…”

Jaejoong got off from the couch and slowly took his steps to the kitchen checking the ingredients left in the fridge but closed it after he disappointedly found none. He sighed. Today was really not his lucky day. He jotted a mental note to self for a grocery shopping tomorrow.

Figuring a no end solution to cool down his hunger, Jaejoong decided to order for a take-out instead of dine out. He was really worn out and an active somersaulting baby inside of him was draining his energy even. Nothing could calm down the baby as for now.

Rummaging his bag which he brought along to his workplace, Jaejoong searched for his smartphone to call for a take-out order. He was about to call a nearby restaurant when his phone vibrated in his hand, receiving a call from someone – Shim Changmin.

A longing smile curved on his tired face.

“Changmin-ah!” Jaejoong was too excited to answer the call. He even forgot his main intention before.

Changmin on the other line was too happy to hear his wife’s voice. It has been weeks since the last time they met and his hectic schedules seemed like has no end. After a discussion with Jung Yunho, the leader of the Dong Bang Shin Ki, finally Changmin found a solution to mend the time with his separated wife.

It supposed to be a surprise for Jaejoong.

“Are you feeling well?” Changmin asked after Jaejoong stopped ranting his name repeatedly. He knew his wife was longing over him – the feeling is mutual.

“I’m good but the baby has being active like on sugar these past few nights. I can’t get enough sleep,” Jaejoong whined and reported his physical condition to his husband, hoping Changmin will come home and soothe the baby with his warmth embrace. The baby likes it the most when Changmin did that, so do Jaejoong.

“Jaejoongie, you know that-“

“Yes, I know. You are busy with your work there. Don’t worry Changmin, I’ll manage this,” Jaejoong assured Changmin that everything is fine and Changmin just have to focus on his career as for now.

“Jaejoongie…” Changmin used his stern voice to get Jaejoong back into his own sense. He hated it the most when his own wife felt like abandonment, deserted, an alone.

Sensing Changmin was in his serious mood, Jaejoong hurriedly change the topic. Why continue with the argument when he can divert the topic. Their marriage was not even reaching a year of anniversary mark a big argument should be avoided at this rate.

“Hmm…Changminnie…I have to end this call,” Jaejoong was hesitated to end the conversation, but he has to. “The baby…”

“What’s wrong with the baby? Jaejoong, tell me. Are you sick?” Changmin went panicked. If Jaejoong was really sick and there was no one to look after his wife. His Eomoni called his manager this morning, informing the departure out of Seoul. Hence, his worries grow bigger.

“No, Changmin… the baby is okay… Maybe the baby was hungry because I haven’t eaten dinner yet. There is nothing in fridge so a take-out will do,” Jaejoong said. He reached for a restaurant pamphlet at the coffee table and eyeing the scrumptious menu to order.

“A take-out? Which restaurant?” Changmin asked. Jaejoong turned the pamphlet on the other side to look for the restaurant’s name and mentioned it back to his husband. He saw no point for Changmin to be curious over the restaurant he chose for a take-out but later he assumed that Changmin was maybe curious either he was eating well for the baby or not.

Again he was being a jealousy person over his unborn baby for seeking Changmin’s attention way too much.

After ended the call with Changmin, the silence and emptiness sipped into the scene again. Jaejoong called the restaurant to order his take-out and ended the call after mentioning his name and the address for the take-out delivery.

There was really nothing to do but to wait for the doorbell to ring.

+++

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter