Shim 7

Shim in LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

+++

 

Morning came and the pit of bright ray pierced his closed eyes, waking him up from sleep. To expect the tall man whom he spent the night before for midnight food hunting – was still sleeping next to him; only to find it empty. The feelings of disappointed and sadness blend well to his current mood now.

“Jaejoongie…?” The door of the bedroom was opened from the outside and later his mother-in-law entered the room while flashing her bright smile.

“Go take your shower! Hurry up!” Mrs. Shim ushered Jaejoong to get off from the bed and pushed him, leading his way to the bathroom.

“Eomoni, you are not bullying my wife, aren’t you?” A voice appeared at the doorframe, witnessing the scene after him.

Before Mrs. Shim could utter any words, defense herself, Jaejoong already run towards his love one and hug him tightly. He even started to sob.

“Jae…” Changmin rub lightly his wife’s back, coaxing the latter.

“I thought you left me again.” replied Jaejoong. Mrs. Shim who started to giggle at the drama-without-script in front of her eyes – led her way to the bathroom. She prepared a dry clean towel and filled the bathtub with hot water and later fixed the temperature by adding cold water with a gentle amount. Finally, she dropped a few vanilla strawberry essences and the sweet smell lingered in the air.

“Jaejoongie… The bathtub is ready! Hurry up, dear!”

The hug between the couple loosened up and Jaejoong kiss Changmin’s cheek before he entered the bathroom leaving Mrs. Shim and Changmin in the bedroom.

“And you!” Mrs. Shim pointed her finger at her son, “Come down and help me prepare the table for breakfast!”

“But, Eomoni…” whined Changmin.

“What?”

“Jaejoongie maybe need me in the bathroom…” Changmin threw his random excuse as only his mother to let him join his wife, bathing.

“No!”

“But…”

“Jaejoongie~~ Do you need any help inside there?” Her voice was louder by 3 octaves to communicate with her son-in-law who is still in the bathroom.

“No, Eomoni… I am doing fine. Just, drag Changmin out and help you with breakfast, okay?” came the faint reply from the room.

“Will do, dear~~”

Changmin was practically being dragged by Mrs. Shim downstairs and threw some errands to her son to do in this early morning. Changmin couldn’t remember when was the last time he could hear his mom’s nags at early morning, having a breakfast with the family on the same dining table and running some errands that his mom’s command. He missed those moments thus he treasured and valued his time spent at home a lot.

“Are you bringing Jaejoong to your very first badminton game for your variety program?” Mrs. Shim asked while arranging the last dish on the dining table.

“I am. Jaejoong was really enthusiastic when it comes to badminton. Besides, I have no schedule except that today.” Changmin took one of the sandwiches and have one bite of it. “Bringing Jaejoongie along might boost up my confidence, who knows…” he continued.

Mrs. Shim stared straight into her son’s eyes, piercing. “Maybe you should. I didn’t see you winning in any table-tennis match either bowling game. What a waste of time I tuned on the channel only to watch you losing each game.”

“Eomoni, that is harsh!” Changmin sulked, pretended.

“What’s with that face, Changmin?” greeted Mr. Shim who was abruptly appeared from nowhere with newspapers in his hand. He settled on the chair next to his wife and started sipping his hot aromatic coffee.

“You know the athletic variety that Changmin anticipated?” asked Mrs. Shim while placing dishes into his husband’s plate.

“Ah, that one that he has not been winning ever since?” asked Mr. Shim while flipping his newspaper to the next page.

“Abeoji! Not you, too!”

The eldest couple laughed and enjoyed their breakfast. Jaejoong reached the dining room a minute later with a fresh look and brighter face. He feels good today. Changmin stood up unconsciously when Jaejoong’s fragrance sipped into his nostrils. He pulled a chair next to him for his wife to sit.

Jaejoong smiles; showing his gratitude towards his thoughtful husband.

 

+++

 

“Where we’re going actually?” asked Jaejoong once he buckled the seat belt on the passenger seat and focused his attention towards his husband who calmly ignite the engine.

“I have a badminton game today,” said Changmin while skillfully maneuvering the steering.

“Ah, the athletic variety shows that you anticipated? Is that?” Jaejoong questioned his husband for confirmation.

“Yeah, that one which I’m losing for each game,” Changmin said, clarifying rather defeated.

“I know,” Changmin knitted his brows, turning his sight to his side, throwing a second glance over his wife. “You maybe worst at table

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter