Shim 11

Shim in LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There's nothing important in this chapter, just...marriage blues? Sorry, I'm late jaemintee^^

“Go home, Jae…”

Jaejoong grunted disagreed and whined at his best at the idea of leaving his sick husband. He clung onto Changmin, possessively, and dismissed the idea of letting it go. Their intertwined fingers were tightly linked. Jaejoong didn’t want to leave his husband all alone.

After admitted into the Emergency Room, half an hour at stake, Changmin was finally conscious and still progressing to recover from the food poisoning, thus the doctor advised him to stay in ward for a couple of days more for further close check-up. As soon as Jaejoong stepped into the ward that Changmin was admitted in, he rushed to his husband’s side and crying messily at the sight of Changmin was laying weakly on the plain white bed.

When the doctor left after explained the situation that Changmin was in yet Jaejoong hasn’t registered any from the doctor’s words, he absentmindedly played with Changmin’s wedding band on his ring finger as his distraction and prayed that his husband will soon get better and showered him with more love. Waiting is too tiring and at his nearly the end of pregnancy state, his back pain was killing him, but Jaejooong stayed still. The nurses who were on duty busily jotting down his husband’s progression on a file and when one of the nurses done attached IV drip to Changmin, they left the room, providing more privacy to the couple.

“Go home…” Changmin ushered his wife to rest properly at home and Jaejoong puckered up his lips, displeased at the suggestion. Changmin tried his best to be as strict as he could be and controlled his inner self to resist the kiss. “Please…” He continued with his pleading. Knowing his wife for years, there was one that Changmin hasn’t completely mastered yet and that was reading Jaejoong’s temper and his stubbornness. What’s more worse was Jaejoong’s hormonal temper and stubbornness that left Changmin cringed at the thought.

Jaejoong was beyond speechless when his own husband insisted him to go home instead of staying with him in the small ward room. He was too worrying yet this ungrateful young man simply told him to go home? “No. It’s late in the evening and you don’t expect me to stay behind the wheel for hours to drive back to Seoul, aren’t you?” It was only an hour drive back to Seoul but Changmin was oblivious with the fact and Jaejoong was good at finding any excuses.

Changmin scanned the whole room and see no other suitable place to sleep on besides the recliner next to his bed. “Then you sleep on the bed, I’ll take the recliner.” Changmin pushed himself up from the bed to move to the recliner, giving more comfortable space in bed for his pregnant wife.

“I’m not the sick patient here!” Jaejoong pushed Changmin harshly to lie on his back in the single bed.

“Jae… You’re pregnant and it’s not comfortable to sleep while you’re seating.” Changmin argued back because on top of anything, his wife deserved the bed more than him.

Jaejoong threw a very gentle smile to his husband, assured him that he was perfectly fine taking the recliner. “I’m doing perfectly fine… You just worry too much…”

Changmin narrowed his eyes, glared straight at his wife’s reply. “I’ll request an extra ward or extra bed for you.”

Jaejoong scowled. “Don’t. This hospital is in outskirts and lack of everything. What if someone’s emergency or someone’s in need for further treatment like you. No. I should be fine taking recliner.”

“We can share this bed…” Sensing that his wife just being stubborn as his self, Changmin came out with a win-win situation, both parties will share the solution of the problem.

“No. My final decision is, I’ll take the recliner. That’s it.” When Jaejoong didn’t give up the idea of taking the recliner, Changmin finally comply the request in his very deep sigh. There was no point in arguing because he knew his wife was good at verbal argument. In a marriage, if one choose to be the fire, the spouse should be the water; that’s how it works.

“Then use one of these pillows on your back.” Changmin shoved one pillow to his wife and Jaejoong was contemplating to accept it. “Take it or I’ll choose the recliner and you have this bed. Either one, Jaejoong.”

Changmin didn’t take ‘No’ from his wife and helped Jaejoong settled the pillow to lean onto, soothing his aching back. “Tell me when your back pain is unbearable…” Jaejoong simply nodded. Not trying to fight against his drooping eyes, Jaejoong was first to drift into slumber, leaving Changmin to wide awake and caressing his beloved’s face, lovingly.

An hour after, a doctor came into the ward that Changmin occupied to check up on Changmin’s progressing and with a few words shared, the doctor allowed him to register out from the ward next morning. But, Changmin had this scary thought in his mind since the moment the doctor diagnosed him with severe food poisoning.

“Doctor, may I ask… something?” The doctor simply nodded, because answering his patient’s worries was his responsibility.

“My food poisoning, was it severe if my pregnant wife suffered it instead of me…?”

The doctor find it weird with the question but he answered it still. “Your case was too severe Changmin-ssi, and if your wife was the one who was hit with this bad case, who was as you said heavily pregnant, the possibility of stillbirth is high.”

Changmin’s eyes turned dark with the sudden news he received. “…Stillbirth?” He was almost losing their unborn but lucky them, instead of his wife and his unborn, he was the one who was effected by dangerous bacteria such as Listeria, Salmonella, and E.Coli.

Changmin told the story behind his food poisoning from the very beginning, how Jaejoong was the one who craved for the steak and they decided on a steak house at the outskirts which is nearby the hospital and later Jaejoong lost his appetite on the steak and took his chicken chop instead in the end. That’s how he ended up eating the steak and suffered the food poisoning. The doctor suspected that the bacteria that caused Changmin’s severe stomachache were from the minimal cook from the steak, or the meat itself was contaminated and being undercooked make everything turned out worst.

‘Did someone changed our menu?’ Changmin thought because he was the one who placed their order to the waiter and he was clearly remembered that he said fully cooked steak instead of minimal heat. Something’s fishy going

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter