The Husband and Wife

Music Box

 

          After going to the agency, Hye jin went to the antique store. It was always a place of peace.

 

          “Annyeong Halmunni!” she greeted sweetly.

          “Oh, Hye Jin-ah, how are you?”

          “Fine. I guess.”

          “Doesn’t look like it.” Halmunni said. She looked at her and pointed on the chair beside the seat where she was sitting. Hye Jin sat there. Halmunni smiled at her and she responded with another.

          “So what is it?” Halmunni asked. Hye Jin heaved a sigh.

          “Halmunni, I kept on hurting somebody… I don’t like to do that but… everything turns out badly.”

          “Do you love him?”

          “Y… yes. I do. I want to do everything for him but as I take a step closer to him, I feel like I’m just going to hurt him more.”

 

          Halmunni stood up to get the music box. She opened it and the peaceful melody played. Hye Jin just watched her.

 

          “Did you know that this music box is a witness of true love?”

          “True love?”

          “Yes. My father gave this to my mom as a sign of his love.”

          “No wonder it’s old.”

          “Yes. My dad was a Muslim and my mom was a Christian. From the start of their love, everyone was against them. They tried to fight for their love so much but nothing happened. My father left my mom because of this but they didn’t stop loving each other.”

          “What happened then?” Hye Jin asked with loneliness in her eyes.

          “Before leaving my mom, he gave this music box to her. He said that in keeping their promise to each other in that music box, their love will never fade. Both of them waited for the right time and believed in love. After a few years, my dad’s father died. Before dying he gave his blessings to my dad to follow his heart. In the end, my mom and dad met again and they continued their lives with each other.”

          “I’m so happy, it’s a good ending Halmunni.” Hye Jin said as she smiled to the grandmother.

          “In love you’re not really sure what to happen next. Everything might end up with just one step you make. It’s always painful but surely in the end if you love each other no matter how hard it is, no matter if it’s painful, no matter if you’ll let go, in the end if you’re both meant to be you will always be. Love entails sacrifice. And your heart can only tell you what you should do.” Said Halmunni and closed the music box. Hye Jin was moved by her words. She took those words in her heart as she thought of the things she must do.

 

          In a while, Hye Jin said goodbye to the Halmunni.

 

          “I hope we can both witness another true love this time, right music box?” Halmunni whispered as she wave Hye Jin goodbye.

 

          Hye Jin went her way home thinking of everything that’s happening to them. She’s still undecided on what to do but she definitely wanna stop giving burdens to Taeyang. On her way she saw the familiar street, the familiar pedestrian lane, the familiar stoplight. She sat on the bench remembering their first meeting. He was so hyper and stubborn that time. She didn’t know that she’ll fall in love with him. She remembered every moment they were together. He experienced a lot because of her, even risking his life. She doesn’t want to hurt him anymore. She was emotional; she gave off a smile with loneliness as she continued to walk her path home.

 

          A week after that, Taeyang and Hye Jin spent time together. Because they can’t go to public places, they just stayed in Big Bang’s dorm.

 

          “So what will my baby and I do today?” Taeyang asked as he wrapped up his arms around Hye Jin’s waist while she was looking at the window.

          “Do you wanna play wife and husband today?”

          “Huh?” he said and gave off a wide smirk.

          “You don’t want to?” she pouted.

          “Who said no, my wifey? Then what do we do now?” Taeyang was so ecstatic of the idea that he was eye smiling every now and then.

 

          She hurriedly went to the kitchen to cook something for them. She always cooks for Taeyang but he never saw her actual cooking skills. She sliced the vegetables perfectly. Taeyang was so happy to watch his girl acting like his wife. She smiled at him. In a few seconds the thing she cooked was finished. She fed each other like a real husband and wife. After eating, Hye Jin helped Taeyang cleaned his room then they played cards and Taeyang always lost. They enjoyed every moment together. After a while it was already dark. Taeyang fell asleep on Hye Jin’s lap.

 

          She looked at him with her smile so wide. She stared for so long like he’s trying to memorize everything about him. She came closer and kissed him. He then woke up.

 

          “While I’m sleeping my wife is taking advantage of me.” He .

          “Why? You’re always taking advantage of me. Can’t I do it once?” He wrapped her in his arms and cuddled with her until they fell on the floor. They both laughed after falling but they didn’t let go of each other.

          “Yah. Cha Hye Jin, Saranghae!” he said passionately.

          “Saranghae, Dong Young Bae!” she answered with all her heart, then both of them kissed. It was a long and passionate kiss.