Tell Me Honestly

The Story Not Told

 

      Sora was sitting on the couch inside her bedroom attempting to read IQ84 but her mind kept on drifting aimlessly. She ended up staring at the pieces of pink paper pasted on the glass door of her balcony. There were so many things puzzling her.  A day had passed since she got back from the States. She already notified Leeteuk of her return but no reply from him yet. She was still baffled. All she wanted was to make things clearer to her.  She had the choice of believing what he wrote in the letter was all true and she chose to. But it still kept her hanging and made her feel conflicting emotions. She wanted to call Leeteuk and ask about it but a part of her wouldn’t permit it.  She sighed in frustration. She set aside the book and closed her eyes, leaning on the couch. She eventually dozed off.

     She woke up hearing her phone ringing. Still dazed, she got up the couch and went to get her phone lying in the mattress.  She didn’t bother checking who was calling.

      She answered it. “Yeoboseyo.”

      The first reply she heard was a deep sigh. “I thought you’d never pick it up.”

      “Oppa?” She was stunned, her eyes widened. 

      “Were you sleeping already?”

      “Mmmm..” she managed to reply.

      She heard him let out another sigh.  “Is it possible to see you right now?”

      “De?!” she asked, thinking she might have heard wrong.

    “I need to see you. Please let me.” She could see him pleading on the other line. Still in daze as she is, she only managed to answer him with a mumble.

     “Thank you. I’ll go there right away.” Then she heard the bleep tone.

 

     Leeteuk felt so relieved when she finally picked up her phone and permitted him to come to her flat. He knew it was already late but he couldn’t come to meet her during the day. He didn’t totally care if someone might see him going out of the dorm.  It only took him fifteen minutes to reach her apartment.  Wearing his cap and face mask, he stepped out of his car and hurriedly went inside the building.  He reached the front door of her room in no time and pressed the door bell. He felt numb at that time, feeling nothing just urgency to meet and talk to her.  Seconds after, the door opened.  He saw her just-woken-up innocent, pale face and he swore it was so entrancing to look at.  A slight upward curve formed on her lips and she signalled him to enter.

      “Sorry for coming so late,” he apologized as he was ushered to the living area.

      “It’s okay,” she assured him. “Is something the matter?” She asked but she already had a clue of what it might be.

      He pondered how to say it. He already prepared a long, freaking week for it. He was so good in dealing and talking with people in variety shows. But whenever it comes to her, he always ends up losing his verbal ability.

       “Aa.. a-a-a..  I,” he was stuttering. “H-how should I start?”

       Sora only kept silent and looked at him. They were already sitting side by side on the long leather sofa in her living room.

       “Did you see the letter?” He finally asked looking directly at her. She simply nodded.  “What did you think about it?” There was quiver in his voice.

       “Honestly,” she began looking down then her gaze shifted to meet his eyes.  “I was happy reading it. But I don’t know if I should hold on to it.  I wa-“

       “Please believe it.” He interrupted her. “Every single thing in the letter is real.” He looked at her with a serious gaze.

     

     “I love you. I sincerely do.” He continued, still looking at her. He managed to somehow hold her wrists in his hands.  “It was so hard restraining myself and I failed. I can’t win against myself.” Then he averted his eyes and loosened his grip. Sora kept looking at him. She wanted to know the truth but she didn’t expect it to happen so quickly.  She looked calm on the outside but her heart was palpitating incredibly. It seems that pumping for blood was a race at the moment. Her mind was blank and she didn’t know how and what to respond.

      “Please answer.” She heard him say. “You, being silent, are killing me.” He looked at her again. His whole body was getting cold due to the nervousness he was feeling.  He could almost hear the thumping of his heart.

    She stared back at him. “Aa..aa.. I don’t know what to say,” she stammered. “It seems unreal.” She started to have jitters and goosebumps.

       “Can you tell me honestly what do you think about me?” He tried to ask her again, getting more nervous as he waited for her reply.

      “I like you.” She responded without hesitation and looked at him straight in the eyes. “That, I’m sure of.  I really appreciated everything you’ve done for me.”

     He felt relieved and happy hearing those words. At least she liked him back. He gulped before asking her again. “Is…” he paused, not knowing whether to continue or not.

      “Is there a possibility that you can be… my girlfriend?” He really wanted to ask her that. Something churned in his stomach.

      Sora’s eyes widened hearing the question. Her heart, in state of commotion, was beating tremendously fast.

      “I won’t rush you in answering it right away,” she heard him say before she could speak.

     “I was afraid you might not believe what I wrote so I came here to tell you personally.” He looked at her with sincerity. “My feelings for you are real.”

     There was silence. Sora averted her eyes to the carpeted floor after looking at him intently. She was seriously out of words at the moment.

     

     “So,” Leeteuk prepared to rise from sitting on the couch. Sora followed his movement with her eyes. “I’ve already told you what I need to tell you.”

      She also rose from the sofa. “So,” she started looking at him. “that kiss… was it also real?”

      He just smiled, amused at hearing the question. “That’s because I really like you. I don’t kiss for no reason. You know that.”

      She just nodded and started following him to the main door.

      He paused and turned towards her. “I’ll be leaving.”

      “Ne.”

      He moved closer to her, holding her shoulders and gave her a light kiss in the forehead. “Take care. Have a good rest.”

      He looked at her directly in the eyes. “Please think about my question. I’ll wait until you’re ready.”

     Staring back at the ebony eyes that seemed to be saying everything the man in front of her was feeling, she could only nod at him. She was fixed on where she was standing as he prepared to leave.

     “Drive safely.” She managed to tell him as he put his mask and cap back and opened the door. She remained immobile even after she heard the door clicked.

 

* * * * *

      I wasn't planning to update today but since I felt good because of them, I decided to update anyway ^___^ Any reactions? Please feel free to express it. Your comments are enough to inspire me in writing the following chapters. Annyeong!! ^o^