Finding It Hard to Say but They Know

The Story Not Told

 

       

       Leeteuk went home to his mother’s house on the remaining free time he had while the other members were away. He didn’t notify his mother beforehand that he was going home and she might be at Kona Beans helping in supervising the café. He just stayed all day in his room trying to relax and sleep. With all the suppressed commotion going on and how the company was trying to neutralize it, he pondered on what was the right thing to do. He could only iron things out by clearing some issues for he couldn’t reveal everything as it is. It would need some more time.

      When he felt famished, he decided to go out of his room and found out that it was already five in the afternoon. His mother was already home. He saw her in the kitchen, preparing dinner.

        “Omma,” he called her.

        Surprised, she yelped and turned towards him. “Aish! I might get a nervous breakdown if you keep on doing that. You didn’t tell me you’ll be home.”

        “I’m starving. What are you gonna cook for dinner?” He moved closer and inquired about the food.

       “You can go back to your room. I’ll just call you if it’s ready.” She told him. “But if you’re that hungry already, check the fridge. There might be fruits inside.”

       “Ne.” Knowing that his mother doesn’t want to be disturbed when cooking, he took his leave after checking the fridge for food. He got a bottle of peach juice inside and some cookies from the jar displayed in the counter.

        He must have spent another hour inside his room before he was called out for dinner.

        “Is noona coming home?” He asked his mother while they prepare to eat dinner.

        “I don’t know. She might probably stay in her flat.” She replied while serving him the appetizer. He only followed her actions with his eyes.

       “Omma,”

      “Eo?”

      “I miss you.”

      Not believing the sudden affection of her son, she eyed him with curiosity. “I miss you more, Jungsoo-ya. So don’t be like that and just eat.” She presented him the food in the table.

      “Or maybe something’s bothering you?” She looked at him. The astonishment in her eyes just now was replaced with concern.

      “Aniyo. Not really.” He focused on his food.

     “If it’s about the articles and your true feelings, you can only resolve it,” she said. She was aware of the things happening and that her son was having a hard time. She also knew that her son gets uncomfortable talking about this kind of stuff.

     “But if you really can’t handle it anymore, I’m always here.” She continued looking at her son who was eating his dinner without looking at her.

      “Jungsoo,” she called his attention. “Look at me.” He obeyed.

      “Don’t ever forget. You have me.” She was now looking at him in the eyes. “I’m always here for you.” Sensing that he was getting more uneasy, she stopped.

      “Finish your food. I’ll eat later.” She told him and left the dining area. She noticed that he was about to break down. Knowing of his pride, she chose to give him some space and time for himself.

 

     The next day, Leeteuk went back to the dorm since some other members already came back from their individual vacation. Donghae and Ryeowook were already there when he arrived.

       “Hyung, have you eaten?” Ryeowook asked him for he was preparing food.

     “I’ll eat whatever you’re making there,” he gave him a warm smile and chuckled. “Is there anybody else aside from the two of you?”

       “I think Eunhyuk, Kyuhyun, Sungmin and Yesung hyung are in their rooms.” It was Donghae.

       Leeteuk only nodded and proceeded to his room. He changed to more comfortable clothes and came back outside.

       “So, hyung, what did you do?”

       “Nothing much. I slept most of the time.” He flopped on the couch and rested his back.

       “You sure you’re okay?” Donghae was still not convinced.

       “Yeah. I’m fine.” Leeteuk asserted. “How about having drinks later? Do you have schedules tomorrow?”

       “Waeyo? Where?” Donghae wondered.

       “We can just do it here. It’s more convenient.”

       “Ask them. Anyhow, I’m fine.”

 

        Later that night, they had their mini get together on the 11th floor. And Ryeowook was preparing something to eat for them again. They also had some food delivered. The bottles of beer and soju were bought beforehand.

       They were enjoying their drinks with some chats when Eunhyuk opened a different topic. They already consumed a reasonable amount of alcohol to make them tipsy.

        “But hyung, I really wanted to ask you this but I couldn’t find the right time to.” Eunhyuk addressed Leeteuk.

        “What was that kiss all about? You really like Sora ssi, huh?”

        He somehow knew he was going to ask about it. He poured soju on his glass and quaffed it down right away.

       “That’s why I’m asking you this.” He started, still feeling woozy after his last drink. “Don’t ever tease me with her or relate her with me on public. It might make her uneasy. I don’t want that.”

         “So, what will happen now?” Sungmin also got curious. “You’ll be enlisting soon.”

         Leeteuk heaved a deep sigh. “Well, I asked her if she could be my girlfriend.”

         “Then, then?” Donghae got excited. “What did she answer? Don’t tell me she said no.”

         The other members inhaled all of a sudden and held their breath for a second.

         “Really?” Ryeowook butted in.

         “She hasn’t answered me yet.”

         Speechless, the members formed an “o” in their mouths.

         “It would be tragic if she rejected you.” Yesung commented.

         “She’s too good for you, hyung.” Donghae , a slight smile appearing on his face.

         “Want to call her? Let’s ask her now.” Eunhyuk added reaching for Leeteuk’s phone that was placed on the side table.

       “Andwae!” He protested right away and raced for his phone. Unfortunately, Eunhyuk was faster. The phone was locked but Donghae knew the code.

        “You two are going to be dead.” The two were unaffected of his threat. They continued searching for Sora’s number. The other members did nothing and just watched the scene unfold.

         “Give me the phone.” Irritation was in his voice.

         Grinning with like no conscience at all, Donghae gave him the phone when it was already dialling Sora’s number.

         Leeteuk’s facial expression was unreadable. He went to his room when the call got connected.

         Left in the living area, they restrained their laughs.

         “You shouldn’t have done that.” Sungmin told them. “Just wish he won’t get mad.”

         “Don’t worry. He’ll be fine.” Donghae assured him.

         “I’m sure he’ll forget what we did after hearing Sora ssi’s voice,” Eunhyuk added, trying hard not to burst out laughing.

         They continued drinking while waiting for Leeteuk. Several minutes had passed before he returned.

         “Don’t do that again,” was the first words he spoke after coming out. “What if she was already sleeping?”

     “But she wasn’t, was she?” Eunhyuk retorted. “You actually felt good about it. What did she say?” He asked, grinning mischievously.

         “Nothing. I won’t tell you.”

         “That’s unfair.” Donghae complained. “We were the ones who called her.”

         “But it was my phone and I was the one who talked to her. Period.”

         “Hyung, are you really mad?” Sungmin interrupted. “They were only joking.”

         “Yeah, I know. But I won’t tell you anything.” He said firmly.

        Though disappointed, they finished the remaining bottles of liquors they had and went to sleep around the wee hours of the morning.

 

 

* * * * *

 

        I must confess. My tears spilled while writing the dinner scene with his mum -_- Please bear with my limited vocabulary and my limited knowledge about the members. It would have been more realistic if I knew them better. I guess three more chapters to go ^_^ And I'm really grateful for the upvotes. I feel inspired. 감사합니다!!! ^o^