Omelette and Coffee after Midnight, Waeyo?

The Story Not Told

 

         Leeteuk became very busy the following days after their Nami trip.  He was thankful with their busy schedule preparing for their 6th album for it diverted his attention away from all the conflicting feelings growing inside him. But what he couldn’t deny was that he still thought of it at the end of the day.

        After their practice ended, they went home to their dorm. He decided to take a quick warm shower before retiring. He put on his pj’s and white shirt after getting out of the bathroom. While drying his hair with a towel, he thought of calling Sora. He looked at the clock at his bedside table and saw that it was already one in the morning. He was worried that Sora might already be sleeping so he just opted to send her a text message:  Still awake?

       He played with his phone waiting for her to reply. He really wished she would. He waited but there was none. He went to hang the towel he just used and returned to sit at the foot of his bed. He then checked again his phone but still there was no notification. She must really be sleeping, he thought. He got up and switched off the light. Crestfallen, he threw his body onto the bed and sighed heavily releasing all the tension in his body. He was tired. He was looking at the white ceiling of his room in darkness when suddenly he heard his phone ring. He immediately flipped over to search for his phone which was already at the edge of his bed, his heart beat getting faster by the moment. When he saw who was calling, his cheeks ascended to heaven right away. He only stared at his phone making sure he wasn’t hallucinating. The phone kept ringing, it was real. He then unlocked it to answer.

       “Yeoboseyo.” He greeted. Jitters were all over his nerves. He could feel his heart thumping loud and fast.

       “Yeoboseyo,” the person on the other line answered. He thought his heart did burst when he heard her voice.

       “I thought you were already sleeping,” he didn’t know what to say. His mind was blank at the moment.

       “I was,” she replied. “But oddly when I turned over to face the other side of the bed, I saw my phone blinking so I checked it.”

       “Sorry. I must have woken you up.” He apologized feeling guilty. “Please return to your sleep.”

       “No, it’s okay.” She assured him. “How can I go back to sleep when I’m already calling you? Besides I also want to check on you if you’re doing alright but I was afraid I might disturb you. Did you just get home?”

       “Ne, maybe 30 minutes or so have past. We got back from practice.” he replied. “How are you?”

      “I’m just fine.” She answered. “Oppa, you, are you okay? Don’t strain yourself too much, okay?” As usual her voice was full of concern.

      “Yes, I’m doing well. Don’t worry.” He assured her. He didn’t know if he should be elated because she was showing concern or should feel remorse because he was troubling her.

      “Do you take the vitamin supplements I gave you?” She inquired.

      “Oh,” he hit his head with his right palm after hearing her question. “Sorry. I totally forgot. It is just that we were busy for the album coming up. Next time, I’ll remember. Don’t worry.”

       “Ne,” she assured him about the worrying. “For now, those are the only ones I can give you. I should be taking care of you well but,” she paused and let out a sigh. “Since we can’t see each other at this moment, please take care of yourself by drinking the supplements.”

       “Ne,” he answered nodding, smiling himself silly. His dimple became visible. He was so amused on how this woman could make his day just by calling. “Please take care of yourself also.”

      “Ne. I’m ending the call now,” she said. “I don’t want to take your time when you should already be sleeping. You’re tired. I can sense it. Have a good night. Please rest well.”

      “Ne,” he responded. “Go back to your sleep. Sorry again if I disturbed you.”

      “I already told you. I woke up on my own.” She reasoned. “Please. You need to sleep already.”

      “Yes ma’am.” He freed a laugh. Women like her, who plead for you to sleep because you need it, were hard to find.  His smile couldn’t be contained. “Goodnight. I’ll sleep well. Thank you for calling. Keep safe.”

      “Arasso. I’m hanging up, okay?” She notified him. “Go to sleep right away. Take care.”

      And with that, he heard the bleep tone. Once again, he sighed deeply, lying in his back with his arms spread. He was left immobile for a moment. Silence was all he could hear. Kang Sora, Kang Sora. What to do with you? He again thought. He closed his eyes and moved his arms to cover his face.

*****

       The next morning, Leeteuk was rejuvenated even though he just slept for six hours considering the amount of energy he spent yesterday. He was the first one to wake up so he decided to make breakfast for the members. He put on the apron and checked the fridge on what can be cooked. He first placed the rice on the rice cooker. He sautéed the chopped onions and minced garlic. Then, he added the bacon and fried it until brown. Next, he added the beaten eggs seasoned with salt and pepper to make an omelette. He also plugged in the percolator. He was finishing his breakfast stint when Sungmin emerged from his room. His face was still fresh from sleeping.

       “Oh hyung!” Sungmin was shocked seeing his big brother early in the morning. “What’s this? You prepared breakfast? Waeyo?”

       “Want breakfast?” He offered casually. “It is just a simple omelette though. There’s the percolator if you want coffee.”

       Sungmin was still stunned not saying anything again when another member entered the living area still yawning and stretching his arms.

       “Oh! What happened?” It was Eunhyuk having the same reaction as Sungmin. He looked at Sungmin with questioning eyes then Leeteuk, then back to Sungmin again.

       “If you want to eat, eat.” Leeteuk told them while preparing to eat. He didn’t care what the two think of him. All he knew was he is in the mood for preparing breakfast and eating it.

       The two decided to join him still suspicious of his action. This was not the first time Leeteuk cooked for them. But mostly when he does this kind of stuff, it was because it was solicited persistently and not willingly. That made them wonder.

       “Waeyo?” Eunhyuk’s eyes became visible even though he just woke up.

      Leeteuk was not answering though and continued eating his breakfast with a cup of coffee. Eunhyuk noticed it. On the other hand, Sungmin was recovering from the shock gradually.

       “Woah!” Eunhyuk exclaimed. “And with coffee too.” The early morning shock was too much for him. He couldn’t think logically.

       Yesung, Ryeowook and Shindong also came out of their rooms and noticed the unusual atmosphere in the living area. Also confused and stupefied, they were unexpectedly left speechless.

       “There’s breakfast if you want,” he introduced then went to his room without any other words. The members just looked at each other with curiosity overflowing in their eyes. Others were forming “why” with their lips. 

 

*****

       Sorry for the delay. I got a paperwork in school I had to take care of. I don't know how you found this chapter to be but writing this gave me mixed feelings of nervousness, excitement and giddiness.And I wished I knew them better so that I could give them justice. Hope you enjoyed reading and please help me improve by commenting. If you want you can subscribe so that I could directly send you messages in your news feed ^_^