Please Remember

The Story Not Told

 

 

         D-11.. Miss U..

        He wondered if the fans would know the meaning behind his tweet. It has been four days since he last saw her.  As much as he wanted to see her every day, every time, he knew it would get suspicious to other people so he resorted to talking to her by phone every night before having his workout. Sora was also busy wrapping up the movie. He took consideration that she might be tired and he wanted her to just rest after the busy day of filming.

         “Hyung, let’s go,” Donghae peeped his head through the door after knocking.

        He moved his body upright from lying and left his bed. They had to prepare for the fan meet and the 7th Anniversary celebration by the morrow. He already told Sora about it and he smiled remembering what she said the night before.

         “But I’m an ELF too. An Angel. It’s only fair for me to be there.” She over the phone.

         “Will you dare?” He wanted to confirm. He already knew it would be difficult.

       “Aniyo.” She replied. Her voice became serious. “I’m not that different from them. Your fans deserve your gratitude. They have always been with you so it’s just right that you spend time with them before you enlist.”

         “What about you?” He inquired. “You’re also a fan.”

       “I’ll just wait and have my private fan meet later.” She told him. He laughed after hearing her chuckled on the other line.

         “Oh! Daebak! You’ve been able to arrange an exclusive meeting?” He played along.

       “Every other night,” she stated.  “Even if he’s busy and tired, he doesn’t fail to come every time. That’s why I so love him.”

        “Jinjja?” His cheeks are popping out.

        “So, I’ll just wait patiently for my turn.”

        “I think the Idol is more excited to see his baby princess.” He remarked and heard a laugh full of amusement.

     “You think so?” She was suppressing her laughter. “Then I guess all he has to do is to come and visit her after his scheduled activities.

        “He definitely will!” He replied right away.

        “That’s settled then.”

 

       “Hyung!” He was back to reality.

        “You’re creepy, smiling all alone.” Eunhyuk told him. His eyes looked scared.

        He paused absorbing the situation and pretended nothing happened.

 

***

          The fan meet ended. So did the filming.

       “Oh! He’s so cute.” Sora exclaimed, admiring the puppy in her arms. Then, she looked at the man who gave her the pet. “Gomawo.”

           Leeteuk only smiled back, feeling good.

           “Did you already name him?” She asked excitedly.

           “Ani.”

           There was a pause.

        “Gomi. Let’s name him Gomi.” She caressed the little brown, furry thing. She really looked happy. Leeteuk only nodded in agreement.

            Sora laid Gomi on the prepared blanket and patted him to sleep.

            “It seems that you will like him more than you like me right now.” His jealousy popped out of nowhere.

            She eyed him sharply.

           “Seriously.” She exclaimed, hitting him lightly in the shoulder. “You even get jealous over a dog.”

           “I was just joking.” He grinned. “Actually, he’s here to watch over you while I’m away.”

         “Uhuh,” Sora only nodded tersely. She changed into Indian sit in the couch. “By the way, you haven’t told me about the fan meet. How was it?”

           “Oh please,” he closed his eyes and leaned on the back rest. “I don’t want to cry.”

           “Wae?” She asked, curious and concerned.

          “I’ll always be grateful to them. To everyone.” He started. “I was afraid that they might forget me when I enlist. I never imagined for them to wait for me. But I’m really thankful for all the love I received from them.”

         “You don’t have to worry,” she assured him. “Their loyalty is something to be highly regarded. You should already know that by this time. How come you call them ELF if they would quit on you midway?”

       He looked at her as she was talking. He gestured her to come closer and she obeyed. He gathered her in his arms, her head leaning on his shoulder.

          “What would I do if I didn’t have you?” He asked holding her hands tightly, fingers interlocking.

          She didn’t answer. She only stayed with him in silence.

           After a while, his phone rang. He answered it.

           “It was Donghae,” He told her after the call ended. “He asked me to come.”

           “To the gym?” She asked, propping her hand in his lap in order to face him properly. “You should go and accompany him.” 

          “Ani. I got a scheduled private fan meet, tonight. Remember?” He chuckled and made her pillow on his chest as they were half lying on the couch, legs stretched in the foot rest. “I’ll stay here with you. He needs to get used to being on his own anyway.”

         She didn’t argue anymore. Besides, she also wanted him to just stay there with her. It didn’t matter if they didn’t do anything and just stares at the cream-colored ceiling of her flat. As long as he was with her, everything was fine.

 

***

         A couple of days after, Sora attended a fan signing event. She cheerfully faced her fans despite having colds. She went home right away after it was finished.

           “You’re still not feeling well?” Leeteuk asked over the phone.

         “Ne,” she answered in a softened tone. “But I already have taken meds. My coordi eonni was here a while ago. I gave her Gomi to take care of until I get better.”

           “Ok then.” He exhaled audibly. “I’ll go there later after we finish our schedule. Please take a nap.”

           “Ne. Take care.” Those were the last words he heard before ending the call. 

        After all the commitments for that day were done, Leeteuk went home first to the dorm to freshen up before driving back to Sora’s place. He thought that she might be asleep so he purposely didn’t tell her he was coming. He already knew the pass code to her home so it wasn’t a problem if he didn’t tell her.

          He reached her flat and quietly went inside. He scanned the living area and the kitchen. There was no one. So he proceeded to her bedroom and saw her calmly sleeping, covered with a thick blanket. He went nearer to the bed. He carefully put his hand on her forehead to check if she has fever. He was relieved that she has none. He left the room and went to the kitchen.

         Some time passed. Leeteuk was sitting on the couch inside the bedroom, closing his eyes from time to time while waiting for Sora to wake up. He must have slightly dozed off when he heard her speak.

           “Oppa,” she called, rubbing her eyes, still dazed from sleep. He opened his eyes and looked at her attentively. “When did you arrive?”

           “Not long ago. How are you feeling?” He asked her with care.

          “The weather is making it worse,” she sniffed, her nose congested. Since the season was changing, it was becoming colder each day.

           “Come on. Let’s eat.” He told her. “I prepared something while you were sleeping.”

        She got up and they went together outside to eat late dinner. She didn’t talk that much while eating. It was making her dizzier when she did.

          “Gomawo,” she managed to say after finishing a bowl of soup.

          “I’ll clean this up first. You can now go back to your room.” He started to gather the used dishes.

         “I’ll accompany you here and wait until you’re done.” She told him, in a low, hoarse voice. She did but eventually went inside to her room to get the medicine left in her bedside table.

          Leeteuk was finishing the washing when he noticed that Sora returned to the kitchen.

          “I thought you were already resting,” he asked.

          “I need water to take the pill.” She told him as she poured water on her glass.

          Leeteuk brought the pitcher of water inside her bedroom.

          “You look sullen.” Sora commented as he put the water in the table. “Don’t worry too much. I’ll be fine.”

         “Yeah. You’ll get better if you rest.” He tried to smile, concern all over his face.

         “You should also rest. You really look tired.”

         “Then, let me rest with you.” He sat at her bed instantly.

         “Oh, you can’t,” she warned. “You might also get sick.”

        “No, I won’t.” He assured her as he adjusted his position in the bed with her. “I’ll be enlisting on Tuesday. At least let me stay here with you. You won’t see me for more than a month once I enter the camp.”

         “Ne. I know.” She told him, clenching her jaws.

         “Aish!” Leeteuk exclaimed as he gathered her in his arms. “You’re already wearing a sweater but you’re still shivering.”

         “How can I not be when right now, I have a cold?” She retorted with congested nose.

         He hugged her even tighter. “That’s why you should let me be in your bed.”

         She subdued her laugh and feigned sarcasm. “Uhuh. I know. It has always been what you want.”

         He loosened his hold and looked at her quizzically while considering her unexpected remark. “I did not mean that.”

       “Huh?” For a moment, she was lost but when she looked into his eyes, she instantly grasped what he was implying. “I did not mean that either.”

         She looked at him, shocked. “So, the idea was in your mind, all the time, huh?”

         “Ani!” He was totally defensive. “You started it.”

         “I did not. It was totally an innocent remark. It was you who misinterpreted it.” She had a hard time saying it due to her clogged nose.

          “And look at your nose,” he told her, grinning. “It’s becoming redder.”

          “And look at you,” she answered back. “You told me to rest but you’re making me argue.”

          “Ok. Let’s stop. My fault.” Instantly.

           He pulled her closer. She snuggled in the warmth of the space between his chest and arm.

           “You can sleep now.” He planted a kiss on her forehead, filled with tenderness and much deference.

 

***

        He spent time with s few days before the enlistment. He also met with some staff of the company and other celebrities close to him.

        Then, the eve of his enlistment came.  He returned to the dorm after finishing the photoshoot in which he had his hair shaved. He decided to spend the night in his mother’s home and leave from there to the camp.

        He still wanted to meet Sora before going home. The last time he saw her was when she had a cold. He left her flat around 4am that morning and carefully slipped out of the building. He didn’t wake her up and just wrote her a message.

        But due to the saesang fans incident just the other night, his manager advised him not to do anything that will compromise him. He was aware of that fact. So, despite his desire to see her one last time before formally entering the army, he heeded his manager’s advice.

        He only called her when he reached home. Sora understood the situation when he explained it. Though they both regretted not meeting each other that night, they knew it would be, maybe not totally right but, the best thing to do. Some things were meant to be sacrificed for everyone’s sake, including theirs.

 

***

         Sora had a scheduled fan sign the day Leeteuk enlisted. She actually didn’t sleep well even after their conversation on the phone ended. She just kept on turning from one side of the bed to the other until shafts of light from the rising sun started to appear.

         She looked at herself in the mirror after preparing to leave the apartment. Her eye bags were obvious that she needed to wear make up to conceal it somehow

        She had the fan signing event before lunch time. How ironic? Oppa will bid farewell to his fans while I meet mine. She thought to herself.

          At the event venue, she greeted her fans genially. She conversed and took photos with them. It served as a blessing in disguise in diverting her attention on Leeteuk’s enlistment.

          And when the scheduled time for the event was up, she received a message from him. She checked the time. He could still use his phone as indicated by her watch. Out of politeness, she excused herself to the people around. She read his message when she reached the washroom.

           I love you. I love you now, 2 years later and forever.

           Unknowingly, she stared at the message for a long time until a bead of clear liquid landed on her phone’s screen.

           She smiled, her eyes clouded.

 

 

* * * * *

         

             It’s the Dimple Couple’s 600th day! Cheers!!

         Please accept my apologies if this chapter didn’t meet your expectations. Sorry, I took so long to update. I want to thank everyone for reading my work and for supporting it to the end. Hoping I could write better stories for you to enjoy, next time. I’m looking forward to your reactions also.

            Until then, everyone! Annyeong! ^o^ 

           [bows]