Right All Along

The Story Not Told

 

               A few days later, even though they were busy for the preparation of their latest album, Super Junior was given a day free. Most of the members decided to use the time to relax somewhere out of the dorm but Leeteuk and Donghae chose to stay.

             “Hyung!” He heard Donghae call him from the bar across the living room. “Want a drink?”

             “Eo,” he replied with a nod. He tried to relax by stretching the full length of his body in the couch, his head resting in his arms. After a while, Donghae gave him a can of Coke. He got up to a sitting position and asked, “How much more beer are left in there?” He was referring to the cans of beer in the fridge.

             Donghae was surprised with his remark. “Oh! You’re gonna drink today, hyung?” The dongsaeng wanted confirmation. Donghae’s eyes followed him when he went to the fridge to check. He brought the remaining cans out and went back to the couch.

            “Since today is our free time, I feel like drinking. I’m in the mood for it,” he explained.

             Donghae became curious. “Is there something going on?” He asked looking at him intently. He knew that Leeteuk only do this kind of questionable acts when something is bothering him. And he was sure there is. He kept staring at him, waiting for his reply.

              Leeteuk let out a sigh. His head was down, eyes was focused at the carpeted floor. He reached for a can in the table, opened it and had a sip.

             “I was right all along,” he started. “Even though I knew it would reach this point, I didn’t do anything to avoid it.  Now, I’m the one suffering.”

             “Huh? What are you talking about?” Donghae was confused.

              “You know the feeling?” He went on. “The feeling that you want to do it but circumstance won’t allow you?”

              He paused for a while. His face looked serious. “I wanted to treat her wholeheartedly because it was the right thing to do. I was doing fine but the strike made it more complicated for us, especially for me. I got more confused. Now I don’t know what to do.”

              Donghae did not know how to respond after hearing what his hyung said. He had never been in that kind of situation before. He was well aware how fond Leeteuk is with Sora ssi but he hadn’t seen him act like this because of her. He even helped him create a song for her during the strike and that time, the vibe he got from him was of longing but this time, it was different.

               “You know I wanted to help you, hyung but you also know I’m not good at this stuff.” He managed to respond.

               Leeteuk looked at him. “Yeah I know but it’s fine. At least I got to talk about it with you. It will take time for me to come up with a decision. It will be tough but I will manage. Knowing you are always there at an arm’s reach is enough.”

                That last statement of Leeteuk made them both cringe.

             “Woah!! Hyung?!” Donghae stared at him with questioning protest. “You were a different person back a moment ago.” He couldn’t hide his amusement for his older brother.

                With that remark, the atmosphere became lighter. However, even though Leeteuk was smiling, the look of confusion in his eyes couldn’t be denied.

 

* * * * *

 

 I guess I have to prepare better before posting here. Haha :D