Understanding Comes After Experience

The Story Not Told

 

      Leeteuk and Sora dropped off their bodies to the sofa and sighed in relief. They were both tired with today’s schedule. They had their Han River date where Leeteuk got tanning and went to M Countdown after. It was now past midnight and their visitors had just left their place.

     “So much happened today,” Leeteuk uttered softly, leaning his head on to the back rest of the couch. Sora only managed to nod for she was already tired and sleepy to speak.

      “I’ll sleep here for tonight. I don’t want to drive back to my flat at this time,” Sora told him.

      “You’re that tired and sleepy, huh?” Leeteuk got up from resting his back on the sofa and faced her. “Will you be okay on your own?” His eyes were filled with concern though tiredness could also be seen in his face.

      Sora nodded. “I also live alone at my place. What’s the difference?”

      He reckoned it for a short time and nodded in agreement pursing his lips.

     “So, I’ll be leaving now.” He got up and fixed his things. Sora also rose and followed him out to the front door. She was hugging the heart-shaped pillow.

      “Lock the door when I leave and go to sleep straight away.” He told her, ruffling her hair.

      “Ne,” Sora guaranteed, looking at him. “Drive safely. Goodnight.” She waved at him smiling.

      “Take a rest now.” He ordered. His smile was the last thing she saw before he completely ran down the stairs.  

      She locked the door and proceeded to the bedroom.  She had no energy left to think over things. She fell asleep a minute after her body touched the bed.

***

      Sora returned to her own flat after she fixed herself that morning. She decided to clean her house since she had no commitment for the day. She, then, made food for herself. She tried to bake muffins through the help of a cookbook. Her free time in the afternoon was mostly spent in her cooking.  While waiting for the muffins, she entertained herself by reading a manga. It was already close to 5pm when the muffins were done. Some were slightly burnt. What can you expect from someone who didn’t have much experience in cooking? Though a bit depressed of the outcome, she still enjoyed eating it. She kept the few muffins left that were not consumed.

      After resting for a while, she was bored. She got nothing to do now.  She switched on the television and browsed the channels. There was nothing interesting to watch. She switched the tv off and vegetated on the couch. She would take a nap, she decided.

***

      Leeteuk was lying in his bed, surfing the internet through his phone. Nothing caught his attention. He checked the time:  8pm. He finished earlier with his schedule. Now he got nothing to do and he was not used to it. He got out of his room to see if there were any members home. Strangely, he found the dorm quiet. Where did those guys go? He thought. He didn’t bother to check each room to see if they were there. Something came to his mind and a dimpled smile appeared on his face.

      He reached for his phone in his pocket and made a call. It took several rings before the call got connected.

      “Sora-ya,” he addressed her after she answered. Noticing she was in a daze, he asked, “Were you already sleeping?”

      “I think I dozed off for quite some time. It was still bright when I closed my eyes,” she replied groggily. “Waeyo?!”

      “Sorry for interrupting your sleep,” he apologized. “I’m just bored. No one is home right now.”

      “Eo,” the only thing she managed to say.

      “Let’s watch a late night movie.” He suggested. “Last time we couldn’t watch it because Eunjung and Jangwoo ssi came.”

     Sora didn’t respond right away. Her brain was still processing the things she heard.  “Can we?” She managed to reply, hesitant to the proposition.

      “Don’t you want to?” Disappointment was in his voice.

      “Aniyo.”  She reacted right away. “It’s not like I don’t want to but, is it okay?”

      “Of course.” He affirmed. “So, we’ll go?” He waited for her answer.

      “I’m good.” She replied a few seconds after. Hearing her answer, his cheeks popped out.

     “I’ll pick you up by nine, alright?” He was smiling widely, his dimple getting deeper. He heard her agree and bid goodbye. And there was the disconnection tone.

      “Hyung!” Someone called him. He turned to see who it was. “What are you thinking? You’re grinning like a fool.”

     Oh, damn! Time passed and he didn’t notice Donghae and Yesung already arrived. “Nothing much,” he replied trying to control his face. He went into his room and changed his clothes.

      “I’ll go out for a while,” he told them when he appeared from his room, a cap and a mask in his hand.

      “Waeyo?” It was Yesung. Noticing his clothes, the cap and the mask, he commented. “Are you going for a date?”

      “I’ll be going now,” he disregarded the question as he prepared to leave.

      “With Sora ssi?” Donghae was also curious. He had a knowing smile and a gleam in his eyes.

      He only responded with a smile before closing the door. He heard Donghae laugh with amusement and he knew right away he was caught.

      Minutes later, he was already parking outside the establishment. He only waited for a couple of minutes for her to come out. She was wearing a maroon cardigan over her striped top, a baseball cap and sneakers. Her denim shorts exposed her lovely, stunning legs. She approached him right after she saw the car.

       “Let’s go,” he remarked when she was done fastening the seatbelt. “What do you want to watch?”

       She mused about it. “Any movie is fine. Let’s see later what will suit our taste.”

       He nodded in agreement.

      They arrived at the theatre and chose the movie in concordance. Luckily, it hadn’t started yet. What actually was good in watching late night movies was the fact that there were only few people that come to watch. It was really suitable for people who got no time during the day and for celebrities who don’t want to catch attention by loitering in public. They watched the movie in silence and without so much exchange of words.  But they never expected the movie to be melancholic which made Sora shed tears.  Leeteuk noticed her face glistened with the fluid that he subconsciously reached for her hand and squeezed it.  Acknowledging what he did for her, she turned to face him and pressed a smile on her lips.

       They only talked about the movie on their way home.

       “I tried so hard not to weep but it was no use.” Sora pointed out and freed a sigh.

       “Well, I was also overwhelmed but seeing you in tears, I can’t let myself cry also.” He admitted then chuckled.

       “How can we not know that it was sad?” She asked, looking at him, waiting for an answer.

        He shrugged his shoulders. “Who knows?  Life’s like that. One moment you’re happy; the next, you’re miserable.”

       “Whether you want to be happy or miserable, it is your choice,” she remarked. “But there are times that you can’t choose what will make you happy and what will make you sad. It comes and goes.”

      Concurring to what she said, he added, “That’s why we have to live every moment the way we want it to be so that in the end, we won’t regret not doing something that could have made us happier.”

     He faced and gave her a meaningful look.

* * * * *

           I didn’t plan to write what I wrote in this chapter. It happens that it ended up like this. On the other hand, my sincerest gratitude to the angel who voted up my story. And to everyone who appreciates my work, thank you also. I’ll work harder but I’m planning to finish this story, maybe 2-3 chapters from now. But that's only tentative. It might change depending on my disposition. Feel free to comment so I would also have the chance to know your thoughts. Annyeong! ^o^