Not Just an Ordinary Radiance

The Story Not Told

 

 

          He pondered about the situation. It was tough making a decision when you’re torn in between and confused.  And his insecurity with Sungmin just added up. He didn’t want to appear jealous but it seemed he is. If only he could just directly ask Sora about the real score between them, about what she feels for him. But why can’t he find the courage? He realized he was afraid to know that the answer might be different from what he had hoped it to be.

         But tonight, he realized that he couldn’t afford to let this woman go. Even just for this night only, he wanted to cherish the moment. With all the efforts and attention she was showing him, it was impossible; impossible not to like her. He was overwhelmed with the surprise performance that he was left speechless.

         After finishing their dinner, they left the restaurant with full stomach and decided to watch the fireworks they bought.

        “Woah!” Sora exclaimed. She inhaled deeply breathing the fresh air that comes with it. They were now standing on higher ground, facing the town on the other side of the island.  “This is so refreshing,” she said smiling genuinely, looking at the flickering lights of the town in a distance. Her dimple became visible and her eyes formed into half-moons.

        Leeteuk just kept gazing at her with admiration. Even in the darkness of the night, she still shone. “She really is beautiful inside and out,” he thought.

        “Oppa,” She turned to him. “This place is really pretty.” She gave him a simple yet sweet smile and shifted her vision again. “The sky is dazzling with so many stars in it. And the lights on the other side, yeppuda!” She sighed with relief.

        “Since you’re really enjoying, let’s sit here,” he ushered her to the bench. “And watch the stars together.” Sora happily complied while Leeteuk held her left elbow to guide her.

        “It would have been nice if we brought a mat and just lay there watching the stars above,” she remarked turning to see his face.

        “Well.” That was all he can manage and with a nod. He continued to watch her while she was looking up at the sky. She was so immersed looking up; Leeteuk thought that she would definitely be having stiff neck if she stayed longer in that position.

        “Here.” He suddenly moved, pulled Sora and got her to lie down in his lap. “You might get stiff neck if keep doing that.” Obviously, she was shocked by the gesture and she just smiled timidly recognizing the kindness. For a moment, she covered her eyes with her right palm to hide the shyness.

        He looked at her for quite some time. Doing so brought conflicting emotions to Leeteuk. She is just too amazing a woman to be ignored. He can’t stay like this for too long. It’s either he succumb to what he’s feeling or relinquish it. Damn! How could he be this indecisive this time?

       “In this position, you can look at the sky comfortably and I can look at you easily at the same time.” He mustered the courage to express his thought casually but deep inside, his heart was thumping fast that it might burst anytime. His left hand reached for Sora’s left hand which rested just above her diaphragm. Then Sora’s right hand, in return, almost automatically, covered his left hand and held it tightly. Her thumb unconsciously moved in circles as if massaging the back part of his hand. She noticed the band aid in his hand and asked, “Does it hurt still?”

        He shook his head.

        “Aren’t you tired? I brought you here to relax. It seems that in the end, I am the one who is taken care of.” She pointed out looking directly in his eyes. Words were not needed to tell him that he was truly appreciated. A smile from her eyes is enough.

 

* * * * *

 

        Since it was already late, they chose to spend the night in the island even though Leeteuk has another schedule tomorrow. When they were returning to the inn where they would stay, something popped up to Sora’s mind.

        “Ah, wait,” she exclaimed facing Leeteuk. “I want to do something for you when we reach the room.”

        “Huh?” Shocked, his mind went blank for a second and something mischievous filled that void which made him flush a little.

        Sora just smiled dismissing the expression she saw only a moment ago. “Remember when you massage my calves after we went tango?”

        “What about it?” He inquired but already had an idea about what it is.

        “Let me do it.” Her eyes pleaded.

        He knew it, wanting to laugh but just replied with a beguiling smile.

         When they reached the inn, he entered the room first, Sora following and rattling him. “Oppa, let me do it already. You promised.” She talked with aegyo. Leeteuk could only smile even more, his face flushing and his cheekbones arising.

         He faced her. He was really flustered. “Massage my whole body first, before my calves.” He offered a deal but actually he did not want her to do it.  She looked satisfied with what he said.

        “But honestly,” he continued. “You don’t have to do it. I don’t want you to do it.”

        “Wae?” She wondered. Her eyebrows were creased.

        “It won’t make me feel good. I will only feel conscious and anxious.” He explained. Sora was not contented and was still staring at him with questioning eyes.

        “Look!” He sounded determined. “I don’t want you to feel burdened doing it. I’m fine. You can do my back and shoulders if that will make you feel better though.” He finished his statement with a smile and an almost wink.

        Sora made a face pouting her luscious lips. “If that’s the case then,” she pointed at the bed smiling and looking satisfied.

        He obediently complied and lay down. “Make it feel good or else I’ll ask for more.” He .

        “Yeah, yeah, I will.” She answered and hopped into the bed. She kneeled and started to massage Leeteuk’s shoulders.

        “Ooh… that feels good,” He exclaimed. His eyes closed, feeling to comfort of what she was doing to him.

        Satisfied with what she was also doing, she continued. She also massaged his upper arms.

        “Oppa,” she was speaking directly to him.

        “Hmm…” Only a soft sound came from his lips.

        “Your arms really have gotten better,” she giggled still kneading Leeteuk’s arms. “And your back, seriously, it wasn’t this wide when I first did this to you.”

         Hearing her talk like that, he can’t help but smile. He felt happy receiving compliments from her but conscious and nervous as well. Her admiration for him is all over the place. He did not know what to believe.

        “You’re making me embarrassed.” He remarked. Sora was still kneading his back diligently.

        “So noticeable,” she pointed at his right ear which was now getting redder by the moment. “I have to get used to it.” She giggled again.

         Leeteuk was then again left speechless while enjoying her service. He had to enjoy this moment because for the next days he would be busy preparing for their comeback and that means not seeing Sora for a while. His heart sank at thought.

         “Call me when you have time,” words suddenly escaped his mouth. Sora stopped what she was doing and he flipped over to face her.

         “How can I call you when you’re so busy?” She responded, concern in her eyes. “I want you to rest if you have the time and not entertain just another person’s call. I’ll just trouble you.”

         “You’re not just another person,” Leeteuk argued. “You’ve become dear to me besides receiving a call from someone I consider special is not a trouble.” He realized he said something not supposed to be exposed, at least for now. “Stupid! You and your big mouth,” he thought, scolding himself.

         Sora was also taken a back but she did not think of the matter deeply. She sighed. “I’ll try calling you but I don’t know your free time. I might end up disturbing you.” Concern was obvious in her voice.

         “All right,” he decided getting up the bed. “I’ll be the one calling you instead. Look forward to it. For now, let’s sleep.”

         Sora nodded in agreement and transferred to her bed. 

 

* * * * *

 

       I tried writing a longer one. It was supposed to be two chapters at first. And guys, I want to know your sentiments. Reading your comments could actually make me feel good and could result to better and faster update of the story ^_^