The Little Things

The Story Not Told

 

       Leeteuk started to prepare his things for his enlistment was at hand. However, there was nothing much to fix in the dorm. He could leave his room as it is. He went for a drink with the members and just stayed in the dorm after. They were given couple of days free from schedule and he wanted to use it to rest. He also wanted to meet Sora but he knew that she was still filming her latest movie and she must be tired because of it. Their final episode hadn’t been aired yet.  He was anxious on how the staff would edit the footages. Since the other members went overseas for their vacation, he invited their manager, Junghoon, to watch baseball a day before. When he went home in the dorm, he was all alone. He decided not to do anything. He even skipped his workout and just stayed in his room.

    Morning came. He got up around 11 and made breakfast for himself. Fried rice and bacon. There was still almost six hours remaining before the airing of their last episode.  He was anxious and nervous.  He just only realized that he actually cried so much that time. He waited. Then, there it was. Boom! He wondered how the viewers will react to it.

      One hour hadn’t passed since the kiss happened when his phone rang. He answered it.

      “Yeoboseyo.”

      “Oh! You must know it already. You made headlines.” It was Lee Soo Man.

      “Ne, seonsaengnim.”

      “Come to my house tomorrow. We’ll talk.” His voice was flat and that was it. The call ended.

     Oh well! He thought. Guess there’s no more backing out now. He threw his body back to the bed. While trying to play some games in his phone, he received messages from his close friends regarding the last episode. He heaved a deep sigh reading them.  He just replied that he would tell them personally when they meet.

      The next day, around noon, he arrived at Lee Soo Man’s home. He was directed to proceed to the study area.

      “Come in.” He heard someone speak behind the door after he knocked. So he opened it and entered the room.

      “Annyeonghaseyo, seonsaengnim.” He greeted him.

      The older man replied with a small smile in his face and gestured him to sit.

     “So, what was that about?” He heard his mentor ask. Lee Soo Man didn’t need to elaborate it ‘cause he already knew what it was all about.

     “I like her.” He simply answered.

    There was a pause. Lee Soo Man didn’t immediately say anything in response. He studied the young man staring back at him directly in the eyes.

      After a while, he leaned against the back rest of his swivel chair and an upward curve appeared on his lips.

      “I’ll make this short. You remembered what I told you before?” The elder started. Leeteuk only stared at him blankly for he didn’t know what he meant. “Super Junior has millions of fans. Not just ordinary fans, some are really possessive. If they knew that you, their idols, are dating or liking someone, things might get tough. Not only for you but for the girl as well. I’m only saying this because I’m concerned.”

      Leeteuk only nodded in agreement still not losing eye contact. That moment, he knew what his mentor meant.

     “I don’t want to be a hindrance to your happiness so take responsibility of your actions.” He addressed him again. “But issues might be released to divert the attention of the media and fans from the recent news. You understand, right? “

      “Ne.”

     “So, do what you need to do. You may leave now.”

      He rose from the chair and bowed before his teacher. “Kamsahamnida.”

      “I have always trusted you.” Lee Soo Man told him before he completely left the room.

      He tried to recall what Lee Soo Man told him as he drove back to the dorm. He understood what he meant. For now, he had to wait what would happen next. But one thing was for sure, he wouldn’t risk losing the sole reason why he was asked over to his teacher’s home.

     Even in vacation overseas, the members already heard the news about the last episode. Donghae was especially concerned towards his hyung that he tried to contact him right away after reading several articles about it. Leeteuk might not have totally disclosed him what was really happening, since his hyung didn’t want the members to worry about him that much. But as his closest companion, like almost a real brother, he already had a feel about the situation.

       Hyung, gwaenchanhayo? Reading the two-word message from his dongsaeng, it made him want to cry.

       In all honesty, I’m fine or maybe trying to be.

      If only I knew this sooner. Why didn’t you talked about this last time? He could already imagine Donghae’s cool-not-caring face turning anxious.

      Just enjoy your leisure time. I’ll tell you when you arrive. He thought of preparing a speech when he gets home and smiled at the thought.

 

      “Hyung, let’s have a drink.” This time it was a call from Siwon. He was the only member aside from him who didn’t opt to be out of the country for the free time.

      “Where are you?” He asked him.

      “I’m home but I’ll go there right away if you agree on getting a drink.”

      “I’m good. You don’t need to come here. Let’s meet at the usual place.”

      “Got it. See you there then.” The person on the other line bid goodbye.

      The two of them met but he didn’t drink as much as Siwon drank. One of them had to drive. So after drinking a couple of glass, he stopped and settled for coke. The samgyeopsal and makchang were really delicious. He admitted that.  He was thankful to Siwon for keeping him company even if he didn’t ask for it.

     He went to the regular filming schedule of Strong Heart and Star King. And as he expected, he was bombarded with questions regarding his last episode with Sora in We Got Married. He told the truth to his closest friends in the set in order to cease the badgering.

      “Can I still tease you on air?” Boom asked him with mischievous grin on his face.

     “Andwaeyo!” Balled over, he responded at once.  “Don’t do that please. It would be difficult.  I don’t want Sora to be burdened.”

      Seeing the obvious worry on his face, Boom dropped the subject with regret. “Alright. It’ll get boring from now. Hate it. I can’t tease you anymore.”

      Few days after, their company released an article about him being a playboy. So, this was it, he thought.  Not bad as long as they don’t go overboard.

      While resting in his room, he dialled Sora’s number, looking at the time. Nine in the evening. The filming should have already ended for the day.  He missed her. Just hearing her voice would be enough.

      The phone kept on ringing. He waited for her to pick it up. After a few more rings, the call got answered.

      “How are you?” He asked after the greetings.

      “I’m doing well.  How about you?”

      “I guess I’m fine. I am missing you though.”

      “Ne.” It was the only word he heard from her.

      “Are you sure you’re alright?” He asked her again. “You sound tired. I might be disturbing you.”

      “Ani. I’m really fine. In fact, I’m glad you called.” He couldn’t help but smile widely hearing her say that.

      “Good to hear that. The filming, when will you wrap it up?”

      “If the schedule’s followed accordingly, we will be done by the 2nd week of October.”

      “Oh you’re almost done. So happy for you. But please take good care of yourself. You probably don’t eat your meal properly.”

      “It’s just that…”

      “Have you eaten tonight?”

      “No, not yet. Probably after a washup.”

      “Is that it? So I’ll be hanging up now. Rest after having dinner.”

      “Ne, oppa.”

     “Wait, Sora. I just want to say one last thing.” Her silence signalled him to continue. “Please trust me. Don’t believe everything the media says.” He was uneasily waiting for her response.

      “Ne. I’ll trust my instinct on what to believe and not. “

      “Goodnight.” He told her. “You can already hang up.” And there was the bleep.

 

      Sora was fixing herself after taking a bath when her phone and the doorbell sounded at the same time. She first checked her phone.

         I’m sure you didn’t have the time to cook so I ordered food for you. It might arrive any minute. Eat it well.

       She proceeded right away to the main door and opened it after inquiring. It was really a delivery service from a local restaurant. She didn’t expect it. Never thought of it. She thanked the delivery guy and went to the dining area after locking the door.

       She loosened the cloth wrapping and saw a set of meal with rice, meat and side dishes. She was still in shock, not knowing what to do. Of course, she should eat it.  But before that, she reached for her phone and made a reply to the message.

        Ne, oppa. I really appreciate the effort. Thank you! Goodnight ^^

 

 

* * * * *

 

       Can I jump to the last chapter already? Kekeke~  I don’t know if you feel the same way as me but I’m soooo~ excited ^o^