Chap 3

My Not So Half Sister

Hyun's POV

 

   It was almost 6pm and my brother still hasn't arrived. I called for like 20 times but none of it were answered.

 

"It's Jung Yonghwa, please leave a message.".Aishh. Stupid voice mail

"Yah! Jung Yong Hwa, do you wan't to die early? It's almost dinner time. Until when am I going to wait for you? Midnight? Ahh, Chincha this guy! You are a dead meat to me!!!!!" I said in a very pissed mood.

 

    another 30 minutes had passed yet my brothere didn't show up, not even his shadow. I started to get scared and worried, he has never left my calls unanswered. He never picks me up late. Before I could even think about bad things that could possibly happen to my brother, my phone rang..

 

"Darling, it's Mom. Dad is on his way to pick  you up. He just finished work. Sorry to inform you late"

"It's okay Mom. By the way, where is Oppa?"

"He's here. He's preparing for dinner. He got someone to introduce to you. Please wait for Dad, neh?"

"Deh. Kamsahamnida Omma. I'll be waiting.."

 

    My Dad called and told me he got stuck by the traffic. It rained heavily all of a sudden. I was all wet when dad arrived and soaking when we arrived home. I headed directly to the dining room where everyone was. I saw my mom, my great brother whose going to be a dead meat at this very moment and someone I haven't met before.

 

"Enjoying your dinner dear brother?" I asked sarcasticly

"Joohyunah! Have a seat." He offered a seat for me beside him

"And who is she?" I asked glaring at the lady beside him

"Ahh deh.. Joohyunah, meet Shinhye. She's my officemate.." He said happilly

"Annyeonghaseyo. Park Shinhye imnida. It's nice to finally meet you, Yong told me a lot abot you."She smiled and offered a handshake

"Yong? Chinchayo?hmmm. Too bad it's not nice to meet you at this very moment that I am soaking wet and not in the mood. And you! (points at Yonghwa). You didn't even answer any of my calls. Is she the reason why you didn't pick me up? You could have atleast inform me earlier so I won't look stupid waiting for no one.." I glared at the both of them and walked out off the dining room. I teared a bit because of embarrasment

"Jung Joo Hyun, since when did you get this disrespectful? Come back here. NOW!" He ordered

"Aniyo. You and your little friend enjoy your dinner. I lost my appetite.."

    He was about to follow me but Shinhye stopped him

"Let her go Yong, I'll just meet her some other time."

"Shinhye-ah, I'm really sorry for this kind of trouble. It's very embarrasing sorry. In behalf of my sister, I'm really sorry."

"It's alright. No big deal for me."she gave him an assuring smile

 

    I didn;t eat dinner and locked myself in my room. It was 9pm already and my brother sent Shinhye home..

*knock,knock*

"Deh?"I asked whiping my tears

"It's Mom. Open up darling, I made your favorite soup.."

"Thanks Mommy, you're the best." I gave her a smile

"I'm glad to see that smile on your face. Now, can you explain what happened earlier? You've never been disrespectful. I was so disappointed in you young lady.."

"I'm sorry Mom. I was just pissed and angry to Oppa. He never forgets to pick me up nor let my calls unanswered.." I let out a sigh

"Omo?! Is our little girl jealous?" My mom brushed my hair

"Aniyo. Why would I get jealous Mom? I was just mad. I'm sorry mom. It won't happen again. I swear.."

"Arasso. Keep your promise,neh? Now eat before your soup cools down.."

"thank you mom. I'll eat well.."

"You're always welcome darling.."

    I finished my meal and went to the bed. I forced my eyes to close and sleep but it just won't. I went to the kitchen and grabbed some fruits and water to drink. I passed my brother's room. Surely, he's home. It's 11pm already. I wanted to knock but decided not to. I was about to go inside my room when his door opened suddenly.

"Joohyunah.."he sounds pleading

"Deh?"I answered softly with my back facing him

"I'm sorry. I'm very very sorry.."

"Do you know how mad I am right now Oppa?"I finally faced him

"No. And I'm very sorry. Really sorry for not picking you up, not answering your calls, not informing you ahead of time. Mianhe."He said looking down

"Why?"

"I got really excited in preparing tonight's dinner. I've been asking Shinhye out for a while now and she finally said yes this afternoon so I hurriedly went to the grocery to get something to cook and went home immidiately to prepare. I didn't notice the time and I left my phone in my room.I'm sorry."

"Do you know how scared I was? I was waiting for you for about 2 hours. It rained heavily. I was cold and scared. And pissed, really pissed." I said pouting

"How can I make it up to you?"

"Bed. Now!" I giggled as I commanded

"Jashik! I knew you can never sleep without me.." He carried me to his bed. He placed his left arm under my neck and wrap this other around me and stated to pat..

"Have a good sleep Princess"He kissed my forehead

"I love you Oppa."

"I love you too, little sister. We all do.."

   Somehow I was disappointed with his answer. After all this time, he still finds me a little girl. And why am I even sad about the thought? Why do I seek much attention and addection from this guy? Is mom right? Am I really jealous? I wanted to think things over but doze into a beautiful sleep instead. Thanks to my not so half brother.

   The following morning, I woke up with the most beautiful scenery; my sleeping brother. His head buried on my neck, his arms still wrapped around me. This is the common view every morning but todat felt different. I don't wanna think about the strange feeling. I'm not sure what it is but I'm hoping it's not something they call love. I can't be inlove with my brother. It would be absurd. I brushed off the akward thoughts while starring at him. How can he looks so handsome even when sleeping. I took couple of pictures and hit the shower. I woke him up and dried my haird and changed to my uniform. We're bothe ready to set off.

"Wow! That's so goo to start the morning." Our mom exclaimed

"What do you mean Mom?" He asked while munching his food

"Both of you not arguing. I hope to see more of it for the following days. Arasso?"

"deh, Omma.."We answered in unison

    Dad drove off to the hospital for work and Oppa dropped me off to school and went to work..

 


In school's cafeteria:

 

"Wow. I'm impressed Jung. You weren't absent on our first subject.."

"That's because I had the best sleep so far.."

"Woah. Don't tell me, you two slept again?"

"duhh. Im, it's habit. I can't sleep without his pat and he can't sleep without patting me. We were like this since we're kids"

"It gives me shivers thinking about the skinship you two do."

"We're siblings. It's normal!"

"well, not to me. My brother and I were like cats and dogs."

"too bad."

"Why don;t you invite me for a sleep over Jung? And tell him I can't sleep without someone patting me too.." She teased

"That's great. I wished I introduced you to my brother earlier so I don't have to worry."

"Why? Is he dating someone now?"

"I don't know. She brought a girl at home last night and I now he likes her. I can see it through his eyes."

"Who? What's the name.."

"Park Shinhye something? I can't remember. ughhh. Let's not talk about it.." I said in disgust

"Hey? Why are you overacting? They're still not official right?"

"I don't know Im. I don't know. Stop asking me.." I said sounding pissed

"Hey! Stop being a baby. we both know you're jealous. Why can;t you just freaking admit it?"

"I'm not!"

"Yes you are. And you're inlove with him."

"He's my brother for Pete's sake!!!"

"It's alright Jung. We feel you. you're not alone you know everyone girl here in the university likes your brother."

"I know.."

"Well, I think we should stop Shinhye from stealing your brother, what do you say?"

"if it's one of your evil plans Im, I'm out of it."

"Hey! You can't blame me if I love my bestfriend too much and I want to help her get the man she wants.." Yoona pouted

"Fine!."

"Yehey.! I call it "Goodbye-Shinhye-Operation"