Chap 20

My Not So Half Sister

"Good morning Assistant Jung, welcome to your first day of work.."

"Good morning Ssangjangnim, kamsahamnida. I'll do my best, please treat me well.."

"Aishh.. it's very akward to be formal with you.."

"Same here... Oppa.." I whispered

"Oh well. You have your own mini-office across mine. And when I need something, I'll just give you a call. Later, I will tour you around the compamy so you would get to know the things you needed and it would be easy for you to work.."

"Arasso, Ssangjangnim.."

 

-few hours later-

From: Oppa ^^

Message: How's everything in the office?

--

From: Joohyun♥

Message: So far so good. kekeke. Stop texting!! It's office hours! ;P

--

From: Oppa ^^

Message: Let's celebrate your first day of work. Lunch? :)

 

    I was about to reply when the telephone rang..

 

"I have something to discuss, free for lunch?"

"What is it about Ssangjangnim?" I asked, looking at his closed office across mine

"Something personal actually. If you are not free, we can talk about it next time.."

"Ani.. I'm free for lunch. Deh.. Deh.. Arasso Ssanghangnim..Bye"

 

    I suddenly felt sorry for Yong Oppa. He probably missed having lunch with me.. Aishhh

 

From: Oppa ^^

Message: Everything alright?

--

From: Joohyun ♥

Message: I'll make it up with you next time, neh? I'll be having lunch with the President, business matters I guess. Mianhe :(

--

From: Oppa ^^

Message: Arasso :(


Lunch time..

 

"what is it that you want to talk about Ssangjangnim?"

"Drop the honorifcs Joohyunah, it's lunch time.."

"Arasso.." I smiled

"Hmm.. Remember that person?"

"Who?"

"The one that you remind me a lot"

"Oh.. What about her Oppa?"

"I don't know if this would sound good to you but I want to tell you personally myself.."

"Deh. Tell me." 

"I hired an investigator."

"An investigator? So?" I was confused

"To investigate everything about you.." he answered softly

"What?? Why??" I can't help but half-screamed in front of him..

"I am sorry Joohyunah..but..."

"Did you plan all these? Meeting me at Jeju, getting close to me, gaining my trust.. I mean our trust since Yoona also trusted you, acting like my brother, me, opening up to you and ended up being you r secretary.." my voice got even louder that people started staring at me, us

"deh.." he said softly

"But before you throw tantrums, please let me explain first. Joohyun, please calm down.."

"Fine!.."

"I owned that hotel where you and Yoona checked-in in Jeju. It's like a habit to me to check on guests' names and got stuck with yours. Joohyun, your name sounded so familiar. I wanted to see how you would look like so I joined that rush date event which was organized by me. The moment I saw you, everything made sense to me but I don;t want to jump into conclusions because I have failed for searching that person for 17 years. I don't want to fail anymore. So after Yoona-shi dragged you away, I hurriedly contacted my investigator and followed you.

Yes, you, opening up to me, gaining your trust and ended up being my secretary was all my plan. But to act like a father to you isn;t part of it. Me, trusting you, getting close to you and opening everything up to you was all unplanned, I thought it was meant to happen. I am a close-type of person who don;t open up to strangers Joohyun, even to the people I call family. But with you, everything went out of hand."

"I....I..d...ont..understand.."

"Joohyun, that person was my little sister. I lost her in a car accident together with my parents. Everyone tried to convince me that she died with them but no, until now there's no dead body of hers so I never stopped searching for her. After I recovered from the major injuries I had, I started looking for her and failed. Each passing year, my hopes of seeing her again lessen until I met you.."

"S..o...y..ou..think...?"

"Yes. After that incindent in my house. Everything was like a puzzle and you are the missing piece. You resembled my mother a lot. Your mannarisms, your habots, your favorites. I thought it was just coincidence since you grew up with the Jung. Everything around you affects the way you are. So I did not jump into conclusion that night because I might die if I fail again.."

"Die?" hearing the word, my tears began to fall and I'm trembling in fear... Lee Minho is suicidal?

"I had this Posttraumatic Stress Disorder. I kept on having flashbacks and avoidance or numbing of memories of the event. I just can't escape. I have survived and made this far because I always bear in mind that I will find her no matter what. Even if it kills me, I will look for her. I have taken medications since then, I have a personal doctor who knows myself more than I do. He's been helping me all through this years."

"Why are you telling me all these?"

"Because sooner or later you'll figure out and I might scare you. I don't want to scare you away Joohyunah. I am waiting for the day that everything will come to place they should belong, what if you are indeed my sister? I don't want you to think that your brother is a crazy-psycho. I might scare you away and lost you.......again. And if I do, everything will end for me."

"O......ppa"

"If you are scared of me, you may resign now Joohyun." he said as tears slowly roll down his cheeks

"Aniyo.. I...want to help you.." I said encouraging him, trying myself to be calm

"I am scared of you........but not enough to walk away. Who knows maybe you are the brother I've been looking for"

"Joohyunah, if you pitty me that's why you're helping me, don't. That car accident was my fault. I argued with my father because he did not buy that car-toy I wanted. I shouted at him and hit him with all my might causing him to lose control on the steering wheel. To look for my sister is the least I can do for them to be in peace.."he continued to cry

"Oppa. I don't pitty you. Even I am looking for my brother. Let's work together and figure things out. And stop blaming yourself. You were just a kid at that time. I will help you." I held his hand tightly

"Thank you. Thank you Joohyunah. I though you'll be just like anybody else who would just ran away after telling them everything."

"Aniyo.. I won't run away.. I promise.."

 


Yong's POV

 

    First day of Joohyun's work but she choose to have lunch with the President. Seriously??Business meeting on lunch time? Who is he kidding? He just want Joohyun by himself. Why does she always choose him over me?

   I decided to just take out some foods on the building's nearest restaurant. While taking my order, I saw the people I never wanted to see together; Joohyun and Lee Minho and now I blame myself for choosing this nearest restaurant. They talk normally but suddenly, Joohyun's voice became audible and people stared at her, them.

   My subconcious is telling me that the two are breaking up but Joohyun told me they aren't dating. As I got my order, I hurriedly exited the restaurant and went to my car. There, I saw her holding his hand, tighlty as she could. She was crying......again...but this time not because of me. He was crying too and I don't understand a thing between them but all I know is; it hurts.

 

 


Annyeong readers! Sorry for updating tooooooooooooo long. But here's one chappy for you to read before going to school :) Kekekeke..

 

happy reading :)))))) bbyong! :)

 

Comments, upvotes and views are highly appreciated. Please do :))))))))))))