Chap 17

My Not So Half Sister

Yong;s POV

 

    I just can't sit here doing nothing but thinking of Joohyun and her stupid date so I asked for an early off from work since there's not much work to do. I headed to Joohyun's school directly.

   I waited outside for a few hours till I finally saw her coming out with Yoona. I hurriedly went out of the car but someone got there before me already, Lee Minho. He picked her up. My knees weakened and rembling and my heart ached so much seeing her with another guy. So this is how painful she felt when she saw me with Shinhye before.

    She was smiling while he opens the front door for her. I cannot take the pain anymore so I ran back to my car and decided to follow them. they were heading to an unfamiliar place. After few minutes of drive we arrived at a very big house. I parked somewhere not far away from the house where Joohyun entered so I'm able to see them.

 


Joohyun's POV

 

"Please feel at home Joohyunah, I'll just go up and change." he said

"Deh.." I replied with a smile

 

     While he was away for a few minutes, I hurriedly scanned the area and two big picture frames caught my eye. I went near it and their faces registered to my brains immediately.

 

"So you met my parents already.." he joked while running down the stairs in his jeans, v-neck white shirt and an apron

"Deh.. You're Mom is really beautiful Oppa.."

"And you look just like her.."

"Eh?" I was surprised

"The face structure, the nose, especially the eyes. That's why I love hanging out with you Joohyun, you remind me of her a lot.."

"But where is your Mom, Oppa?"

"She died, together with my dad and little sister when I was 8 in a car accident.."

"I'm sorry.."

"It's alright. hmmm.. Get ready with your appetite Joohyunah, a very delicious meal is about to come.." He said trying to change the subject

 

    I enjoyed the dinner he prepared but my mind is stil stuck on the picture and what he said earlier..

 

"Do you like seafoods Joohyun? You seem to have eaten a lot."

"Deh.. It's my favorite, especially roasted shrimp. kekeke.."

"I knew it. It's really amazing how you resemble someone I know, the looks, the mannarisms, the favorites.."

"Who is that someone Oppa? An ex-girlfriend?"

"I hate so say it but I don't like talking about her Joohyunah.."

"Oh, I'm sorry Oppa. You must have loved her so much.."

"I did, and I still do."

"I totally understand how you feel." I really wanted to ask so much about his family but he doesn't want to talk about them

 

    I stayed quite for a moment and he seem to feel uncomfortable with the silence surrounding us..

 

"Joohyun.."

"Deh?"

"Do you really want to know who that person is?.."

"Sadly, yes Oppa. I don't intend to go deeper to your personal life but I was just really curious why you find me such resemblance with your mom and why I remind you of the person you love the most.."

"Stubborn, you really are.." He laughed and left out a sigh

"I was Seo Minho, but when my parents died in a car accident, I was adopted by my mom's sister and became Lee Minho, the bunny lover who studied and grew up in America living the past behind.."

"I'm sorry for a very tragic life Oppa.."

"No need to be sorry Joohyun. That's why I completely understand how you feel, remember? What you've gone through, I've been there as well. Adopted and grew up to a place I never expected, to have another identity, to lost our parents."

"You're right. How about the girl Oppa?"

"The girl? hmmmm..when I say anything, the girl is the only exception Joohyun.."

"oh? Mianhe.  How about siblings, do you have any..?

"I have one. She's the same age as you actually.."

"Really?? Where is she? What's her name? How does she looks like?" I just want to ask him everything about her sister and it made my hopes high

"Lee Hayi? She's in Milan, studying fashion, she completely look different from you, she got blonde hair, big eyes.." there the answer I was longing to here. I don't know why but I felt so disappointed after hearing her name.. I thought he was my long lost brother but he was not. I did not know my eyes were tearing already..

"Joohyun? Are you alright?" Why are you crying?? He stood up and offered me his handkerchief

"I'm sorry Oppa, I just remembered something.. I have to go.." I hurriedly ran towards the gate and I don;t even know why. This is what I get for expecting too much. Why am I longing for a brother when I have one? I sobbed as I reached the gate but he caught my arm and circled me in a tight embrace, not allowing me to move. An embrace that's very comformting, the embrace I needed.

"Joohyunah, tell me what's wrong.." I can feel the pain in his voice

"I'm sorry for acting this way but.."

"But what? Tell me, please tell me.." He said with pleading eyes and he wrapped me in his arms again

"I...lost my brother when I was four. He was eight. It was in a car accident, I just remember it now. I lost my family in a car accident where Yonghwa Oppa found me injured while he was playing basketball one afternoon.." I continued to sobs...

"Sshhh.. enough now.. I am here. I'll be your brother, arasso? I will treat you right and protect you just like what a brother do.."

"But Oppa.."

"No buts Joohyun.. I will take care of you." he said in finality and my tears quickly dried up and the worries were gone. How does he know to say the right words at the right time? The words I needed to hear..


Meanwhile, Yong's POV

 

   I've been arguing with myself if I should barge in and get Joohyun but if I do, she would hate me more for interrupting. If I'll wait patiently till she comes out, I just can't. How can I wait patiently when it's Joohyun who is inside a man's house?

    time flew so fast that I did not notice I was arguing with myself for the past two hours and finally decided to barge in and take Joohyun away from the bastard. I hurriedly went out of my car and made my way towards Minho's house with all my courage.

    My courage drained off and anger took over when I saw her standing there, being wrapped around his arms, tightly, securely. I should have buried that man alive way back in Jeju so a problem like this would happen.

 

"Oppa?" her voice brought back my senses

"What are you doing here?"

"Is that what that man tought you, huh, Joohyun? Cuddling outside the house, giving off affections everywhere, flirting, visiting the company during office hours? Is that how you've become? Are you that cheap already??" my anger didn't stop my mouth from saying all those aweful things to Joohyun...

Slap!

I was brought back to my senses again when her palms landed on my left cheek. Instead of apologizing, I dragged her towards my car and drove as fast as I could to somewhere I don't know..

"Stop the car!" she yelled

"If you want to get killed, go die by yourself!!!"

"Yah!!" I hit the break and she almost hit her head on the mirror

"You spend most of your time talking and flirting with that man you just knew. Jung Joohyun! I just want to talk to you, even for just a minute. Why is it so hard for you to talk to me??"

 

sobs...tears..sobs and more tears..


"this is why i don"t want to talk to you."

"Joohyun, please.." my tears began to fall as I see her crying. I made her cry again, her sobs gently stabs my heart

"What do you want from me?" she looked at me with the face I wish I never saw. It's like seeing the Joohyun I've never met before, someone I don't know

"To make things short, Joohyunah, please choose me. Choose me not him. I know you better than anyone else in this world. Please love me, please love me again Joohyunah, let it be me again. I will treat you 100 times better, I am sorry for hurting you and realizing that I love you more than anything in this world. Even if it's too late for me to let you know, Joohyun, I love you, always have, always will. Please choose me.." I begged as tears roll down

"You may know me better than anyone else but you don't understand me like he does, you don't protect my like he does. You had me at my best, he had my at my worst but you chose to break my heart."

 

   And time's up. She freed herself from my grasp, she wiped the tears, and took off the pain, she went out of the car and it's over. 

 

 


Annyeong gogumas!!

sorry for making Yonghwa suffer but he deserves it right? don't worry guys, there's always a rainbow after the rain.. Just keep reading :) ekekekekek

anyways, I was imaging a heavy drama for this chapter but I don't know if you can feel it. Aishhh.. I'm not really good in giving descroptions but I hope you feel Yong's pain and understand Hyun's side.. 

 

thank you for the ones who always comments and to those who don't and to those who subscribed. hehehehe :))) hoping to hear comments from all of you.. and I will reply to ur comments as soon as I can .. fighting? :)

 

and yeah, before I forget, cheers for our story's poster. Yeheyy!!! CREDITS TO GE LIC UNNIE for the wonderful poster she made.. (actually, I asked her a favor to do so because she's really good) :D kekekeke...

 

that's all for now! Good night :) ♥