Operating Room

LOVE IN THE BRAIN (Hiatus)

After that incident on Resident room we both went to prepare for the operation. I check the patient's lab results, vital signs(temperature, blood pressure, heart rate) and all resuts are normal and pre-operative procedures are all carried out and the patient is ready to undergo Craniotomy. The Operation will take 2hours or longer depends on the status of the tumor.

 

 

12noon: As we finished our preparation( washing and scrubbing) we are all gathered in Operating room 1. Dr. Park as the attending doctor, Me as his assisting doctor, Dr. Song the anesthesiology, 3 OR nurses and Jaejoong as a circulating doctor. Before we start I noticed that there is a Ipad and a speaker in the room, and minutes later the sound of piano filled the whole room.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w9phtZJFsQ   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXaLBaVD4HM  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUBs6Klln-s (listen to this songs ^^)

 

 

Ok everyone. Lets start and save a life as Dr.park said everyone go to there respected positions. This is it, my 1st major operation, I closed my eyes and said a little prayer. Unknowingly Dr. Park is looking at me. "Ready Dr. Jung? he ask. "Dae Dr. Park" I answered. "Scalpel"..

 

 

I watch how he smoothly cut through the scalp , drilled with the patient's skull with an intrument called perforator to open a small opening where the tumor is located.  The membrane covering the brain is opened. And the removal of the tumor is being done. from time to time I steal glances of Him. He is calm and focus during the whole operation.So this is how the God of Operating room worked. I taught to myself. 

 

And suddenly Dr. Park start to explain the procedures that he is doing we are all engrosed in listening to him.2 and half hours have past without knowing it.the operation is almost finished.. The piece of the skull is replaced and out of nowhere Dr. told me to stitched the muscle, skin and closed the surgery site. This is an honor for me to do.

 

I went to his place, as he stand up from his chair we bump with each other resulting for me to slipped and a low scream came out from my mouth as i closed my eyes and ready to hit the floor a strong arm is holding my waist. as I open my eyes I saw Dr. Park's face just inches away from my face. we looked at each others eyes connected for I don't know how long it is.And Boom!! the alarm of the mechanical ventilator bring us back.. all eyes present in the room is looking at us, waiting for Dr. Park to talk.. "next time be careful Dr. Jung" he said. being shy for what happened i just bowed my head, not looking at him. "You closed the wound and don't forget to insert a drainage to removed the excess blood left from the surgery" "Yes Dr," I replied.

 

Jaejoong is looking at me with a smile in his face ready to tease me but I gave him a deadly glared, making him silent. After 15minutes, operation ended. Patient is transported in recovery room and after 2 hours he will be returning to his room.

 

I saw Dr. Park in the nurses station writing in patients clip board. looking at him from a far makes my heart beat fast. What is this? Am I starting to like him? am I fallen for Him? with this taught, I shoked my head as I stop I saw Dr.Park looking at me, giving me a heart warming smile. Noooooooo. this can't be... this is not right.. He is my attending...

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Hello.. here is an update.. I'll try to update everyday. i don't know if this will be a short story or a long one.. What do you think?

comment please.. ^^ Thank you

 

A craniotomy is an operation to open the skull (cranium) in order to access the brain for surgical repair. Conditions that require craniotomy and surgical repair include brain cancers, infections, abscesses, cerebral oedema (swelling of the brain) and bleeding within the skull.