Safe and Sound

Tugging on a Werewolf’s Heartstring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

This was it.

 

I was going to pass onto the afterlife due to a heartburn. Wait, wrong context. It's as if someone's  about to scorch the depths of my heart, smouldering my soul.

 

Ah, the fire's so close... I can feel the heat.

 

Clenching my eyes shut, I braced myself for this twisted fate, cursing at the enclusore of death. 

 

If this was how I was going to die, then I might as well have wrecked havoc on earth while it lasted. 

 

Enjoy a little more.

 

Love a little more.

 

Drink a little more.

 

Laugh a little more.

 

And... live a little more.

 

What a waste of youth I have gone through. 

 

Ah, it's true. When a person's about to die, they change subsequently. More than change, it's more of me nitpicking at every flaw I had while nothing occurred. I took it for granted. Living day to day had become such a menial chore for me and there was no route out of this except to assume that I was going to survive the next day. I was young; and hence, the thought of death never concerned me.

 

Well, at least, not ones pertaining to me without deviation.

 

When I reminisced the past, it was a bland life. Like rice. A staple but not customarily yearned for. 

 

Ah. It was because I had everything and nothing at the same time. 

 

"JOOEUN!"

 

My eyes fluttered wide open. My internal monologue must've had gone on for quite some time but other than the unceasing rays of warmths radiated onto the surface of my skin- there was no harm done. I wasn't burnt to the ground with a stake; there was no wound or pain inflicted. More than anything, I felt fine. 

 

Actually, more than that.

 

I felt empowered.

 

The fire had halted in front of me, as if heeding my command. My inquisitive interior rushed to attain any sort of explanation as my fingers lunged forwards to perform a formal poke. 

 

Nothing.

 

No burns, no pain or even the slightest scald. 

 

It felt warm. 

 

And I felt giddy.

 

I heard a breath of relief as a pair of legs gave up beside me. "Lay!" Concern flashed my eyes as I aided him up. "Sorry Jooeun... I was just a bit surprised"

 

Chanyeol grinned. "Nothing to worry about, see?" And then somebody had tiptoed to smack the back of his head so hard he flinched and met his fate: the ground. 

 

"Okay that was rude Xiumin" 

 

"Be careful next time" the said male warned as a hint of threat glinted his eyes. 

 

Chanyeol grumbled under his breath as he matched his eyes to mine with a vivacious smile. "You're fine, you're fine" he recapitulated, as if authenticating himself. 

 

"But this is good" Lay mentioned, as he scrunitised his surroundings. "The fact that Chanyeol's power didn't affect you signals us the green light"

 

"Gr... green light?"

 

He reciprocated the verbal contact. "Yes" as he conscientiously intertwined our fingers together. "It means that you are truly the one we've been searching for, no questions asked" his eyes locked onto Chen, who grumbled, stomped his feet and hid behind Kris. 

 

Perks of being small. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter