er for Intelligence

Tugging on a Werewolf’s Heartstring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I walked towards the empty aisles of the library, everything was dimly lit as I narrowed my eyes, trying to find the book I was looking at. The tips of my fingers grazed upon the firm spine of the books. I felt dust collecting on my pale skin, creating such a texture. I smiled as I finally found the book I was looking for, pulling it out, I flipped open the book. It was the exact book I was looking for, even though the pages were dull and quiet tattered, it contained the information I was looking for. It was when I woke up that I realized, page 12 had the same symbol my necklace had. So I went early in the morning to search for books containing symbols, in hope to find out what it meant. It should have something to do with werewolves.

 

I didn’t have any classes in my university this morning so it was all fine, I send an email, faking that I was terribly sick and the office ladies bought it, they told me not to worry and I was more than happy to reply with a thanks. But this only worked for the morning classes, I'm not wasting my class with the professor.

 

Right now I’m in a library real close to my house, it’s nice and comfortable plus the library ladies here were much more than nice. Unlike those ones in my university, pssh. I smiled as I sat down, a library lady was putting back some books, she smiled back at me and continued her job. This was life, I think I’m going to spend my whole life here. Well, maybe not. But who knows?

 

I glanced down at my book, there was a lot of signs with meanings, origin and things like that. I scanned to find the one I was desperately looking for but was greeted with nothing. I looked at the werewolf book I bought at the antique shop, I had written my name in white since the cover was a fairly dark colours. It was mine now so no one could tell me off to what I do with it. I began grabbing a couple more of werewolf books and sat back on my seat, I adjusted myself to a comfortable position and started reading.

 

About an hour later, I stopped as I silently stared at the book I bought at the antique store, my fingers twitched as I flipped to page 12. The page where I left, I heaved a sigh in relief when I find that it was clean without drool. The sign was still there, it was hexagon with an ‘X’ inside it and a line at the left hand side which goes from the most left point of the hexagon to the middle point of ‘X’. My eyes focused on it as it starts to make words.

 

E? EX? What’s that sign? Isn’t that the more than sign? (referring to math)

 

I slowly scanned my eyes on it. Oh I get it now… Exo. My lips uncontrollably said it as I bore my eyes into the book. This mysterious symbol was such an interesting being that it drove my conscience insane. Well not really, but you get the exaggeration. I read on the page, not missing a single word. Without thinking, I began to read it out in a whisper.

 

“The exo clan is the most powerful clan, next to it was the Matoki clan which has 6 successors…” I nodded, gradually sinking my mind into the book.

 

I sniffled a snicker as I looked at the sign of the Matoki clan, it was a friggin rabbit. Such manly werewolves. I shook my head and continued reading. The more I read, the more I find out. It turns out that I didn’t need any other book except this big baby. It has everything covered, every single one. Even though it seems sort of like a diary, it was fine. The next paragraph caught my full attention. The necklace’s symbol was actually the symbol for the exo clan? Interesting.

 

I nodded absentmindedly as I flipped onto the next page, this just gets more interesting than it already is.

 

I looked at my watch and realized I had class in thirty minutes. I rushed to pack my things and headed outside the library, but not before thanking the library ladies. As I dashed to school, I could see a blur of people rushing by me, but I should

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter