Catch Me

Tugging on a Werewolf’s Heartstring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

My eyes scattered towards the book in my hands, it's old and tattered but wise in so much aspects. I bit the insides of my cheeks and sighed, for once, I feel lonelier than I usually do. My whole room is suffocating me in it's darkness and I had to take steady breaths to fix it. My lips pushed itself into a firm line while my eyes continues to scan through the whole book, I didn't feel like reading this werewolf book anymore. Actually, nothing seems right at the moment, I just want to crawl inside my covers and stare into that pale white ceiling. Non stop. Just lay there for eternity, never getting inside conflicts and trapped in my own little world. It seems like a nice thing to do, but I couldn't, I know I can never do such thing. My father would burst this bubble as soon as my college calls. 

 

I dropped my head on top of the book and shook my head lightly, creating heat on the page. The room suddenly feels a little too warm and I gave a blank look at my heater, it's busily groaning. The weather these few days have been quite cold, odd really considering it was warm a few days ago. Must be the global warming. I took the book in both hands and opened a random page. With that I stood up, holding the book at arm-length before plopping down on my bed, the covers created such delicacy on my back, and so I like to call my bed 'heaven'.

 

"Werewolves lives inside mystical forests. No eye can spot it, no matter how close they are to it"

 

Well that's interesting, I thought while rolling onto my tummy. I kept on reading it out loud, not caring if my father have arrived from work. I wanted to get rid of my problems, thoughts and emotions through screaming at this book. If it makes me feel better... hey, why not?

 

A sudden round of dried leaves comes to magically stick itself on my window as I looked up, my eyes widened at the view and I dumped my book. It landed with a loud thud. I went up to my window and pressed both my palms on the cold glass. The heat deflects the frozen temperature and a noticeable shiver went up my spine. 

 

"It's so cold" I muttered to myself before slapping on any random jacket.

 

I went up to my heater before turning off, I planned on opening the window. The heat stands no chance against frost.

 

I my lips nervously before unlocking my window, I gently pushed it open and watched as a burst of oxygen pummels me. It's as if opening a door on a snowy day, watching as the snow piles in. My hand trembles as I forced myself to keep the opening unclose. Uncountable amounts of leaf comes uninvited to my room, I groaned, I had to clean it after this. No one's cleaning my mess for me after-all. 

 

Another burst of wind attacks me and I had rip my eyes away from the mess to stare at the hurricane-like sensation. The leaves appears to be some sort of a trail as it aligns itself in front of another. I looked at the path on my neighborhood and found the track leading to somewhere beyond this area. I huffed.

 

Should I go or I should I not?

 

What's waiting for me?

 

Why does this seem not-so-coincidental? 

 

Who's calling me?

 

...What's calling me?

 

I stared at my door for a minute before going onto my decision, father wouldn't notice the death of my presence in this house, he never does anyway. He never talks to me, never does anything. He doesn't care. Why would he? Maeya and I are over so she's off the list of worries. Who else? Who else... there's no one else. The only two people in my life which I revolve around is father and Maeya. Only them two, my relatives doesn't want anything to do with me, I don't go out to meet new people and the douche-bags at school are bothersome. No one would care if I took upon a little adventure.

 

I gathered my iPod and earphone with me before going out. Choosing a comfortable shoe, I ran out the door and looked back at my house once more, something seems odd but now's not the time to think about that. Now's the time to explore this freaking world that I've been ignoring.

 

My hands busies themselves with untying my set of earphone. It's always annoying when it does that, but I can never keep it neatly, it'll always lace up with each other in the most irritating manner. I gritted my teeth in annoyance and wrapped my arms around myself when it's finally let go of one another. The earphone snug comfortably inside the warmth of my ears and I had to shiver once more at the chilly sensations. 

 

I stared at my feet and find my shoes stepping over a couple of dried leaves, their colours no longer lively and fresh, but instead it's pale and dry. It's like autumn leaves, but wait, this isn't autumn is it? I sighed before running a hand through my chocolate locks.

 

I didn't know how much time has passed but my legs slowly feels numb as I kept on walking, carefully analyzing the pattern-like leaves which would lead me to a possible somewhere. But that's kind of impossible. Ridiculous, really. Why would a bunch of dried leaf give me a path away from my dull life? 

 

The concrete ground soon turns into grass. The pale colour soon bloomed into a healthy green. I pursed my lips at the oddness before shrugging it off. Grass are bound to be almost anywhere. The winds grew stronge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter