Autumn Fields

Tugging on a Werewolf’s Heartstring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A day like any other. As I twirled a pen around my index and middle finger, all I see are projections of slides and various letters smudged all over it, creating brief dot points. Sometimes I wondered if last night even existed. It was crazy beyond knowledge and truthfully, there was no correct explanation for what occurred the previous night. Were they even real? I felt as if it had all been a dream and when I woke up this morning, there was no vibrant trace of them except for the mark Sehun had left. 

 

It was quite a feat trying to find a bandage large enough to cover the expanse of the wound. The blaring red flesh flashing a signal of alert inside my mind and the difficulty of treatment had lied at the part of administering medicine. The sting had vaporated any of my following will to continue my ministrations. It was hell. A paper cut was bad enough but the wounds were deep and Sehun did nothing to soothe it- despite his childish . 

 

Maeya's intrusion into my person space had ached a specific chamber of my heart which I couldn't truly identify. It was as if she continuously poured salt all over my wound and expected me to smile in return. Now that I've realised her true self, it was hard to come back to where we were in the past.

 

Somehow I knew that from the start, it was all an act one way or another. Why would she want to befriend someone like me? An outsider?

 

Why did living human beings despise me anyway? What have I done so bad that they accused me of such treachery?

 

She comes with a concerned look as she peered at my gloriously covered neck, muttering some words of advice on visiting the hospital and whatnot. "It looks big" she reached out to observe the wound, only for me to swerve my body to the other side, promptly declining her attempts. "Just... go alright?" She heaves out a sigh and returns to continue penning her immaculate note.

 

The professor continued his lecture in the most bland way I could every imagine. No wonder I was so notorious for dozing out. There was no way a sane human being could sit through this without becoming a screwball. 

 

When it had finished, I promptly grabbed the entirety of my belongings and eschewed pass Maeya, who extended a thin limb to seize mine. It reminded me of Sehun's remarkably outlandish antics yesterday. All that grabbing. 

 

It was an even odder sensation on my part when I could literally feel his arm still s around the circumference of my waist and that his breath lingered on my skin, effectively dispatching goosebumps all over my body.

 

Why is it that the most memorable moments were of the upmost grotesque features?

 

I mean not literally that bad- but-

 

But it made me remembered things too explicit for my likings. And if things were to continue to progress at this rate- it would mean that I was nothing more than a damsel in distress awaiting her white knight to rescue her of darkness ahead. To fall in love. Engage in romance- to love someone oh my god.

 

The pace was frightening me.

 

It's like skipping marriage after the acquaintance stage. A player in a game with ultimate cheats.

 

There were steps in proper courting. And it felt odd to think that perhaps I might have gone from level 1 to 100 in the least time possible- day one.

 

Anyways, I marched in a single file towards the cafeteria to perhaps replenish my growling stomach and salvage it of its needs.

 

There were less people than per usual perhaps due to the fact that exam period was nearing and that everyone wanted to stay home. It was all an excuse for procrastination- I bet.

 

Today's selection were of beef curry, some croquets and a handful assortment of sushi. "Panna cotta for dessert?" I drooled, swiftly wiping off the insolence I had on the corner of my lips. Talking about lips, mine was pretty dry. I had run out of lip balm a few weeks ago and hadn't bother to replenish my stock since I hadn't gone to the shops since- since... since... uh, I ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter