Books, Books, Books

Tugging on a Werewolf’s Heartstring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The moment I opened my eyes that morning, I knew that I needed to take time off my classes. So I did. I wagged it, not for the very first time of course. I would always use the excuse of being sick but this doesn't happen often or I'll get too much workload and my father would become overly suspicious of it. There was this magical place that was almost close to home in my definition. I skipped towards the normal school building yet was aiming for the smaller one on the left side. The library. Where all the wonderful, wonderful books lay, begging to be checked out and gained from. I had a small bag with me that carries all my reading necessaries. Water, food, bookmarks and etc. 

 

As I enter, I quickly darted towards the table at the back of the library, it was literally isolated from all the buzz and wuzz. So I was safe to stay. I speed walked towards a certain shelf and pulled out books about different supernatural creatures. I took about four before scurrying back into my seat and opening the delicious source. What a grand way to waste time, by reading. 

 

The afternoon hits me pretty quickly as I was too busy reading and jotting down my notes, my notebook was totally filled. Unlike what I have in class. My stomach let out a loud grumble as I ducked my head under the thick book I was reading and slightly blushed. Thank god no one was around or else I would be doomed! I secretly took out a sandwich wrapped in glad wrap and slowly peeled the thin layer of plastic off. I took a small bite and the delicious taste of ham, cheese and BBQ sauce hits my cavern. Food always taste the best when you're hungry. I took more bites every time my hand goes towards my mouth. My eyes were droopy from all the words and I was filled with a fulfilling meal. I let go of the book and my face fell on it, eyes gradually closing. My mind was empty as I let it drift into dreamland and said goodbye to reality.

 

I didn't know how long I was out cold for but when I jolted up, a scream pierced into my ears. I had to cover it to try and prevent myself from being deaf. I glanced at where the scream was coming from and cursed inwards. The library lady was pointing at me while screaming her head off, which was something quite rude to do when you're asleep in the library. Duh.

 

I followed the tips of her finger and finds myself with a drool covered book, not to mention some bits of cheese and ham and an extra dose of BBQ sauce. Whoops, pardon me.

 

"U-uh" was all I said, I was so unsure of what to do that words were being stuffed down my throat.

 

"KWON JOOEUN. OUT!"

 

I heaved a heavy sigh as I brought my bag closer to my embrace, recalling the previous hour. I can't believe they kicked me out! For a WHOLE month! Now where am I supposed to refuge at break times, huh? You tell me! Oh wait, I still have the gardens. Maybe it isn't so bad but I wasn't done with reading that book! Grr! Damn you Jooeun, why did you fall asleep?!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter