It's Just Me

Tugging on a Werewolf’s Heartstring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chocolate brown hair which fluttered In the wind. Warms eyes which could melt anyone’s heart. Soft, cherry lips that are considered impossible to not claim. Melodious voice which goes in harmony with this busy world. Gentle touches that lingered for eons. Footsteps that resembled a ballerina. Laughs that twinkled like stars. Gaze that embraces your mind and soul. Beauty that captures your attention from head to toe. Curiosity that heartens anyone. And a smile that brings colour into your dull world. Kwon Jooeun.

 

-----

 

Truthfully, my mind is blank right now. All I see is projections of a slide and shades of grey smudged all over it. The shadow of my professor distracted me, I watched as it moved from side to side, occasionally throwing out hand gestures. I could hear the scribbling of notes coming from beside me, Maeya must be jotting them down.

 

I would actually pay attention, but then my mind is somewhere else. My soul is out of this world. But I’m not dead. Yeah, hold on to that funeral party. The sudden click woke me up from my thoughts, I shook my head a couple of times and finally understood where the sound was coming from. The professor. He gave us a welcoming smile as he stood at his podium, testing the mic first before speaking, “And that concludes that topic. Moving on, we’re doing something you silly gooses like!” 

 

The class erupted into small talk with each other. I looked down at my blank page, as blank as my blank mind. Whoa, how many blanks did I say in that sentence? 

 

Maeya poked me from the side and I turned my head towards her, my daze expression stamped on my face. She chuckled as she saw me and patted my head, “Pay attention Eun, you don’t want to forget to jot your notes down like last time” she smiled.  

 

“Nee unnie” I , knowing that she hates it when I call her unnie, for reasons I guess. I was only one year younger than her, me being seventeen and her being eighteen. Don’t judge a book by it’s appearance I like to say, I may not seem smart but in tests my adrenaline and complicated thoughts get the better of me and I zoom off like a rocket. 

 

In simple words, I’m miss smarty pants. 

 

Maeya scrunched her nose at me in distaste and I stuck my tongue out, feeling pretty satisfied of what I just did. She turned back to the lesson and my mind began to drift off again. Daydreaming was a constant habit for me, I’m quite fascinated with my own thoughts and brain I guess. Did you know that 80% of your thoughts are unconscious? How do I explain this to you guys… Hmm, well imagine an iceberg- and only 20% of it is showing, the 20% is all your conscious thoughts while the rest are unconscious. So I’m trying to dig deep into my mind. You know? To see if I can catch myself or remember something.  

 

“Some of you may have thought of it…” the professor started as he flashed into another PowerPoint slide, “We’re doing the supernatural”  The whole class nodded in harmony, listening closely to what the professor has to say. “We’re going to hold an assessment right away, to quickly increase your knowledge on it” he finished. Most of the students groaned as they mumbled things to each other.  The professor chuckled, “Don’t worry, you have the whole year to do it”. The class stopped groaning as their eyes bore into the professor’s, even that, the old man didn’t flinch at the sudden attention. My eyes grazed onto the picture on the PowerPoint. It was a pack of wolves huddling with one another, their eyes were a shiny shade of gold and their fur glittered under the tender moonlight. My heart skipped a beat as I continued to stare at the picture, that was until the professor moved on to the next slide, leaving me to remember the details of the picture. Once again, I looked down onto my page before looking back up again, it was still blank. Oh well I guess, I could always ask Maeya for some notes.  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter