Good Ol'Mates

Tugging on a Werewolf’s Heartstring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Strange things happen most when you're not armed. It's the strangest things though which brings you happiness. But those strangest things can harm you the most. Mentally. Physically. And spiritually. 

 

Well, putting that aside, I'm actually in a really bizarre situation. Being dragged into a mansion that I have no familiarity with and meeting those strange males. No matter how handsome or dazzling they are, I still have no idea of who they are or their motives. I've never actually dreamt of a time like this. Usually, people wouldn't take a second look at me, rather, they pass by without saying a word- or sometimes, they like to gossip about me. If I knew that the world was coming into this type of thing, I would actually prepare myself better for combat and take some martial arts class. Sighs.

 

And like, what the hell is wrong with this Sehun guy, he looked at me as if he was a lost puppy and begged me to come along with him. What am I getting myself to, I will never know. 

 

What was wrong with their eyes anyway? It was like changing colours or something, did the world finally invented something so stupid that- oh whatever, I'm ranting too much about unimportant topics.

 

Now back to reality, I'm practically led into an unknown territory- what am I getting myself involved into? Stupid Jooeun.

 

Though complaining a lot, I'm actually in a pretty stable mood. Rather than harsh tugs and unpleasant aura, Sehun was leading me with such gentle touches, it made me rather... happy? I don't know. Something's weird with my heart, it's being a bit noisy today. 

 

Being with boys is a whole new thing for me. They would never chase me around or even make any sorts of contacts with me- well, except for the professor. People would more likely go for the pretty type like Maeya and the popular queen, Miyung. I was like a shadow between the two lights, no matter how intelligent I am.

 

That's right, I don't need boys when I have my studies.

 

Studying was my rule and staying out of troublesome business were my habits, you could say?

 

Walking straight into the living room, I managed to make out the olden Victorian styled interior. This type of housing is interesting itself- now back to the topic...

 

"Sit Sehun... and you too, young lady" a man with prominent brown hair says as he gives me a kind smile. Sehun motions me to sit down next to him, and so I did, but not before I made sure that there was an appropriate distance between us. 

 

Looking up, I recognize the thick sense of atmosphere, lingering in the air. No one was breaking into a word. Every single one of the mysterious males sat down wherever they pleased. Next to the window, on the carpets, one even sat on top of the table. Well, what can I say, this was their house after all- but looking around, I see different types of furnitures and antiques... it's so different to my own room. My room's too simplistic and gloomy.

 

"Ahem. Before I start explaining this intensely complicated story... Your name?" The blonde one questions as he looked at me straight in the eye.

 

I hope I'm not making the wrong choice by saying this but, "Uh... I'm Jooeun... Kwon Jooeun." I mumbled helplessly. The dark brown haired male smiles at me more affectionately as a light atmosphere decorated the room. I wonder why?

 

"So Jooeun, you may freak out at all of this but we'll start by summarizing simply" the blond male starts.

 

"The truth is, we're not actually humans like you. We're of a different species. Werewolves, you should know what those are, right?" The kind brown haired male asks. 

 

Unconsciously nodding, he went on. "Werewolves have this pairing system, and it's what we call 'mates', it's something which is decided way back before we meet that other person. But most werewolves tend to mate with the people inside the species. But sometimes there are exceptions."

 

"WAIT. I-I" I suddenly stood while proclaiming. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter