Friendship?

Tugging on a Werewolf’s Heartstring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh WOW.

 

We have sport right now and I'm currently hating on life. Why you ask? WE HAVE SPORT. S. P. O. R. T. Yes, I may be smart. Yes, I'm a genius. Yes I ace subjects containing studies and all. BUT NOT SPORT. I can't run ok? So don't judge. Just don't. 

 

I know college, or some people know this eerie place as university, are set to have students choose one to two course (if you're taking double degree), but they had this sudden program. It seems like the health of youngsters are decreasing, and so, they put forward a sports period in which every single damned students have to participate, including Miyung. And to make it worse, she's in my class, there were plenty of classes spread throughout the week, but bad luck pours on me and it just so happens were in the same class... again.

 

I groaned while plopping down on the ground, Maeya looked at me for a second before turning back to her friends. I guess she gave up on me. She used to encourage me to run when we had this subject, but now, she just doesn't do it anymore. To be honest, I like her tries, she seems like a friend when she does that. I guess she has a reputation to hold with her other friends, the one she sits with during break times. 

 

I was placed for running in the last track, really suits me. Last for last. They say people save the best for last but I think they're just trying to make themselves feel better. Anyways, I made sure my shoelaces were tied properly and my ponytail was tight. I didn't want to bother with flying hair because I have enough in my hands when I try to run. 

 

"Ready" 

 

My heart was pounding loudly against my chest and I wanted to not come last at least once in my lifetime.

 

"Set..."

 

I looked at Maeya's way, she gave me a nod of acknowledgement before continuing to talk with her other friends. Oh well, at least she had acknowledge me.

 

"Go"

 

I see a flash of mischief running through Miyung's eyes, she was just next to me and a weird tingle runs down my spine. I could feel it in my guts, something bad was bound to happen, something real bad and I could almost taste betrayal in my mouth. I ran fast, quick, paced. I see blurs of people and grass, I didn't know why, but whenever I run, I feel like flying. But the feeling was just an emotion. Something useless. In dreamland, I feel like I was ahead of everyone else, but in reality, it was the opposite. Miyung was oddly paced next to me, a deadly smirk plastered on her lips as her right foot slightly went irregular. It all happened so fast, she hits my pair of legs before continuing running. Nobody could've saw that, it was a foul but no one would care anyway. 

 

A howl of laughters appear behind me and I stared at my red hands, slightly burned because of the fall. I couldn't really feel my own body, somehow it felt so numb. I've just embarrassed myself in front of others once more. Although this time it wasn't my fault, really. I glanced up to see Miyung already at the finish line, she turns around to showcase her wide smirk, as if winning in triumph.

 

A crowd of people huddles over my fallen body and I looked up to meet those cold eyes, pain flashed through my eyes. This feels like when my father was staring down at me, right after my mother left him with the debt I balled my empty hand and shook my head lightly. Not liking the atmosphere one bit, it was mocking even, to be in this position. I turned my head to my right and sees Maeya covered inside the pushing people, she gives me the same look everyone does, but it hurts more since she was considered as my friend, my only friend. I shook my head faster and gives her another look. I was sort of uncertain of our friendship, it was almost like a push and pull, but no one wins in the end. It was weird of how she chooses to befriend me out of all people. Suspicion caught over me ever since our first meeting but I kept quiet about it. No one needs to know, no one wants to know.

 

Maeya's platonic eyes couldn't hurt even more, somehow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter