Chp. 9

She Met Mr. Cold-Hearted Under the Sun

"Are you sure you're alright?" your mom asked.

You nodded and smiled, "Of course, mom. You said he's a son of a well-known and repected man, he's a good guy."

"Nah, just making sure you don't want us to come with you on your first date with him?" your dad butted in.

"Dad, that's what a date is. No parents allowed." you giggled.

 

You agreed to this consequence just to make your company fine again. You told yourself to believe that he's a fine young man, who'll respect you, take care of you for the rest of your life. And you're happy to hear that Myung Soo suggested to date first (to know each other well) before marrying.

 

"Mom, I'll be back later, okay?" you pecked on your mom's cheek.

"Goodbye, honey." your mom hugged you first and let you walk to the door.

 

You pushed the door with your right arm and looked back at your mom. You waved your left hand and stormed out of the house. Outside, Jae Kyung prepared the car for use, your dad will be the one to you towards the restaurant Myung Soo reserved.

If you would observed Myung Soo's little action of picking place and suggesting to date first, you think of him as...sweet. But then, you still don't know him personally, you only know him by name and family background (his father).

Your dad jogged out of your house, with a key of the car swinging on his right index finger.

 

"Let's go, Jae Myun?" your dad opened the car's door for you and he chuckled.

"Dad, that's silly." you said and entered the car.

"Goodbye, princess!" Jae Kyung called out.

You shook your head and smiled. "Oppa, shut up."

"Jae Kyung, take care of the house first while I am gone, be back later, okay?" your dad inserted the key and hold on the steering wheel.

"Sure! Bye, dad!" Jae Kyung waved and the car already moved.

 

The tour was fast enough that it didn't get you bored. You, of course, feel a little bit nervous but you just let yourself think on a positive side. The car stopped in front of Cafe Seoul and you got your bag and bid a goodbye to your dad.

 

"You sure you don't want me to walk you inside?" your dad worriedly smiled.

"Dad, I'm fine, really." you smiled back and went outside the car.

He still didn't move the car and you shooed him away playfully, and after a minute, he's gone. "Hay, time to face your soon-to-be husband, Jae Myun."

 

You took the steps carefully, afraid someone might saw you trip. You're one step away from the entrance door when someone tugged your wrist and spun you around. A handsome face greeted you.

 

"Woah, you almost entered the restaurant!" he hollered while panting hard.

"Why? Shouldn't I? And..who are you?" you bombarded him with questions.

"Kim Myung Soo. And..you're Lee Jae Myun, right? Oh no, I hope you are. I hate embarrassing myself." he said and ruffled his hair.

"I am. I am Lee Jae Myun." you awkwardly answered.

"Nice one, now, let's go." Myung Soo dragged you all the way down.

"Hey, hey. I thought this is the place where we'll stay," you stopped walking. "right?"

"Actually, no. We're going to a beach." he looked at you and shrugged.

Now, you eyed him head to toe, and he's actually somehow ready for beach. "Wait, you never informed me that we're going to a beach or what! Look, I am wearing a dress." you pointed at your blue knee-length elegant dress.

"It's alright. It's alright." he muttered and dragged you again.

*WHAT? Alright? I'll look effin' stupid in front of everyone! GOSH!* you stomped your feet as he led your way. *I hate him now, totally!*

"Feel free." he opened the car's door. (You supposed it's his car)

"Sure." you irritatedly rode inside.

*Step one, suceed! Hahaha. My friends are so genius, how will I be able to get rid of this girl without them?* Myungsoo drove and they both fell silent.

 

The ride towards the beach was...annoying. The road was rough and bumpy, the sun rays seeped through your skin, the dress is uncomfortable.

 

"We're already here. We'll stay here for about two days?" Myung Soo told you as he parked the car.

"What? Myung Soo, we're together just for a date, not a sleep-over or camping." you looked at him with your eyebrows creased.

"Woah, don't call me Myung Soo yet. Me," he pointed at himself, "you," he pointed at you, and smiled, "ain't close."

"Wow. How nice of you." you sarcastically said, went out of the car, and slammed the door.

 

As you were outside, you got your phone and dialled Min hee's number.

 

"Hey, hey. who are you calling?" Myung Soo also went out of the car and saw you calling.

"Actually, we aren't close. Mind if you just move out of my way?" the phone continues to ring.

"Just tell me who are you calling." Myung Soo demanded.

"Nah, don't worry, not my parents, pretty boy. I am not telling you that you're bullying me, so don't cry?" you playfully frown and gave him a fake sympathetic look.

Myung Soo looked embarrass. "Oh hell, shut up."

 

After a few more rings, Min hee picked up.


Oh yeah! Myung Soo's such a jerk! Wahaha.
Anyway, comments are much loved. ^__^
Ppyong.