Chp. 6

She Met Mr. Cold-Hearted Under the Sun

"Excuse me, miss. Your orders are up. Please procede to the cashier to pay for them. Thank you." the waiter stand at the side of your table and gladly pointed towards the counter.

"Ah, thank you." you and Min Hee stood up and went to the cashier.

The cashier greeted you both with a big smile plastered on her face.  "Miss, your orders total to 20,000 won."

"Please take it from here." you said as you handed the cashier your credit card.

"Yes, miss." she got the card from your hand and swipe it to a machine.

 

She tried to swipe it again, thought that she made a mistake. But still, the credit card doesn't work.

 

"Sorry but I believe this card is already invalid, miss." the cashier said after swiping the card for a couple of times.

"Really?" you asked in disbelief.

"Ah, never mind. Never mind. Take it here." Min Hee dug in to her bag and got a new card from it.

"Yes, miss." the cashier handed back your card and took Min Hee's.

 

Min Hee's card successfully paid for the meals you got.

 

"Min Hee, I am sorry." you murmured while she puts the card back to her bag.

"It's okay. You always treat me and maybe it's my turn now." she giggled and carried the plastic bags containing the orders. "Yah, yah. Let's go now?"

"Sure." you answered while wondering why would your card be invalid.

 

Both of you went out of the shop and saw your brother standing outside the car with his arms crossed, eyebrows creased. He approached you and Min Hee.

 

"What took you so long?" he asked you.

"Oppa, when did you last use your credit card?" instead of answering him, you asked.

"I don't know. Maybe a month ago, why?" he said.

"Oh, nothing. It's just my card is invalid." you mumbled and scratch the back of your neck, "Maybe I used it too much."

"Or maybe you disobeyed your dad?" Min Hee suggested.

"That can be..but, right now? I don't think so." you told her.

"Let's just go home now, it's really hot." Jae Kyung said.

"Okay, oppa. Hee, should we drop you to your house?" you faced Min Hee.

"Ah, no, no. I'll go to your house for a while." she answered and winked at you.

 

You stared walking to the other side of the car and rolled your eyes at Min Hee. She just chuckled and went to follow you.

It was a short and quiet trip towards your house. Well, quiet in the term that there's no one talking yet slurps and gulps can be heard. You finished your cup of cappuccino while staring out of the window, thinking of another story line to write. Min Hee also loves to write and maybe that's the reason why the two of you ended up being friends for almost 5 years already.

Before Jae Kyung parked the car, he dropped you and Min Hee on the front door of the Lee House, okay, I mean, Lee Mansion.

 

"Hey, I am writing a new story. It's actually based on my true story with my prince charming, Lee Jae Kyung." Min Hee suddenly babbled.

"Aigoo, here you are again with your Jae Kyung feels." you giggled and opened the door.

"Oh my gosh, he's just so handsome while driving, Jae Myun. You just don't get it because you're his sister!" she squealed.

"Whatever, Hee. Wait, where's Madam Go?" you made your eyes wonder around, searching for the head maid of the Lee Family.

"Oh? That's odd, she usually greets us after we enter." Min Hee commented.

"Agree." you nodded and made your way towards your room.

 

Sobs. You heard your mom sobbing inside her room while you slowly took the stair steps. You shushed Min Hee and without even a single knowledge, Min Hee nodded and kept quiet. You neared to your parents' room and of course, the sobs became louder and now you can hear your father whispering. You didn't intend to eavesdrop but this is something.

 

"Honey, calm down. You need to. In a while, the kids will be home." your dad softly muttered.

"But..but, how can you sell our only daughter? How?!" your mom almost shouted.

 

Sell? That shocked your whole being. You're very sure that you're the one they're talking about.

 

"I didn't sell our daughter! I putted her in the good arms that will help us to survive this crisis we're facing." your dad answered back.

"That's the same, Jae Hyun. She'll be married to a man she doesn't know with the man's family giving us money to rise our company from bankruptcy!" your mom cried louder.

"Oh, honey. This will save all of us." your dad ended the conversation.

 

You were dumbfounded with what you heard. You didn't notice that there were tears rolling down from your eyes.

 

"Jae Myun..." Min Hee whispered and hugged you tightly.

"Hee," you cried. "why?"

"Let's go to your room, Jae Myun." you can hear the hoarseness of her voice, she's crying just like you.


Updated once again! Yay!
Guys, please leave some comments! Ppyong~ :">