Chp. 8

She Met Mr. Cold-Hearted Under the Sun

Min Hee led you to your room quietly and made you sit at the end of the king-sized bed that you own. Hot tears are still coming out from your eyes, you tried to blink them away and act as if nothing happened but you can't, what you heard is really something. Min Hee sat besides you and continued to comfort you by swinging you side to side while wrapped around her arm.

After a few minutes, the both of you listened as someone continuously knocks at your  door. You are not in the mood to open up the door and neither Min Hee.

 

The knocks become softer yet it's not stopping, "Jae Myun, please open up? Mama is here."

"Mom, I-I am not feeling well, I'll just talk to you later." you managed to say.

"But, why did you not said a simple greeting to us before you enter your room? Is there a problem?" your mom sounded casualShe's acting like nothing happened.

"I just have to go sleep already, mom. Talk to you later." you lied.

"Okay, you need to tell me everything later, okay? Sleep well." you mom said sounding like a lullaby in your ears.

 

Her footsteps became silent; signalling that she's already away from your room. You placed your hands on your face and laid your back on the soft cushion of the bed. At least the softness of the bed helps you to forget all the things confusing you right now. Even just for a minute. Even just for an hour...

~~~~~~~

You woke up with the feeling of a pain lingering inside your head. You stared out at the ceiling for a minute after realizing that it's already evening. Sun's down and moon replaced it. Even if the sun cannot be seen anywhere right now, it's still hot and you felt little drips of sweat rolling down from your forehead.

 

"Argh, Min Hee turned off the air conditioner." you muttered and giggled at your realization.

 

Min Hee is also not by your side by the time you woke up. Maybe she went home already; as you thought. You sat up and stretched your arms widely, feeling the click of your bones and joints. You got your phone inside your pocket and immediately dialled Min Hee's number.

 

"What?" she answered irritatedly.

"Hey, I am sorry I slept. Did you go home alright?" you asked, feeling a little embarrass.

"What again? Just to let you know, I am inside your bathroom right now and if you don't hang up, my phone will be soaked, 'kay?" she said as running water sounds filled your ears.

"Oh, woah. Okay, okay. Bye." you playfully hang up. "Thought she went home after hearing just my snores for hours."

A minute later Min Hee went out of your bathroom with her hair hanging low and wet. "Jae Myun, you don't need to call me, right? I am just in your bathroom for your information."

"Sorry, I," you started. "thought you..."

"Went home already?" she continued.

"Yes, after what happened.." you shyly mumbled.

"Nah, I'll not leave you with your eyes bulging from tears, 'ya know? What is a bestfriend for, right?" she suddenly hugged you.

"Right." you said and smiled.

"Need to face reality, though." she patted your head and pulled away from your hug.

"True. Let's go down now?"

 

The both of you exited the room and went downstairs. You saw all of your brothers lined up around the table and of course, your mom and dad. Jae Ho (the youngest of your three older brothers) noticed you and motioned you to sit already. You took your usual seat and Min Hee sat besides you after greeting everyone.

 

"Min Hee, didn't noticed you sneaking through Jae Myun's room. You're such a ninja!" Jae Ho said and then laughed.

"Actually, Jae Ho-oppa, I came together with Myun. So, basically, I didn't sneaked through." Min Hee defended.

"Yeah, yeah. She's actually with me and Jae Myun this afternoon. Maybe you just didn't notice." Jae Kyung added which made Min Hee blushed.

You elbowed Min Hee and smile awkwardly, "You're getting caught if you continue that." you whispered to her.

 

The ever so quiet second oldest brother of yours, Jae Min, let out a short sigh as he reached out his right arm to get the serving plate of vegetable mix. You just giggled at him (which you normally does) as he pinched your cheeks. He's the most quiet of your brothers but that doesn't mean you aren't close to him.

 

"Jae Myun, after dinner, can you talk to me and your mom for a while? Please?" your dad asked nervously.

"Sure." you answered proudly. I should not show any hint of weakness right now.

 

The dinner went fast with a silent yet not awkward atmosphere surrounding the hall. Your brothers went on their own rooms and you told Min Hee to go to your room too and you'll be back later.

Your parents and you are the ones who stayed in the dining hall. You tensed up a bit, knowing what they'll tell you later on.

 

"Jae Myun, honey." your mom whispered.

"Yes, ma?" you weakly smiled at her.

"You're knid of sensing that we're losing a lot of things, right? I mean, maids?" your mom choke on the last word.

"Oh, yes. I noticed that Madam Go was gone." you answered politely as ever.

"She resigned...knowing that we cannot give her salary anymore." she said.

 

Simple responses as "hmm" and "oh" were all you can say as your parents pointed out little by little the lost of money. Until finally, your father told you the word "bankruptcy" and that was all it need to explain everything.

 

"We need to regain our precious company. You know that, right?" your dad said and you nodded.

"There's one last way we could make that happen, and we need you to do it." your mom uttered softly.

"I know it, you'll make me marry a guy that I don't know, won't you?" you bursted.

 

You know you shouldn't have said that but anger came first. You cannot take back your words now.

Your parents were stunned.

 

"Myun-honey, that's not how it is. You'll marry a good guy, a well cared gentleman. You don't need to worry, we'll still take care of you even after your marriage." your dad comforted you.

"You're still our baby girl after you marry Kim Myung Guk's son, Kim Myung Soo." your mom has said, telling you your soon-to-be husband's name to make you a little more comfortable.

 

But since then you heard his name, your mind became messy again.

Why do I don't feel too good hearing his name?

 

Woohoohoo~ A long chapter. Hahaha.
ASDFGHJKL. NEXT CHAPTER! OMG~ Haha.
First date, guys..Next chapter! Coming up soon! ^__^