Chp. 4

She Met Mr. Cold-Hearted Under the Sun

Myungsoo arrive to his father's house twenty minutes since he called and taunted Myungsoo's peaceful life. How come his mom is inside the devil's turf? 

 

"Hey! Open up!" Myungsoo knocked violently on the door, causing loud thuds.

"Calm down, calm down. I'm right here and I'll surely open up." a man inside the house blurted out and his footsteps were heard by Myungsoo.

The door swung open and presented a tall, and handsome man who looks exactly Myungsoo when he turns around his fifties. "How are you, son?" he greeted with a smile creating wrinkles around his eyes.

"What? You can still smile for what happened to mom?" Myungsoo almost screamed.

"Actually..actually.." his dad seemed lost in his words.

"Ah, so it's just another joke of yours? April Fools' joke? Nah, today is not April one." Myungsoo sarcastically said while clenching his teeth.

"Myungsoo, your mother is really here but..but..s-she's not unconcious or anything. We..just want you to go here." his father explained.

"We? Are you sure, she also wanted this? Or you're just being selfish? I thought lawyers should be selfless." Myungsoo fired back.

"Myungsoo, let's go inside. Look, I don't want people to see us fighting." Mr. Kim pleaded.

"No, they should see this because you're acting like bull!" Myungsoo finally bursted.

"STOP!" one woman shouted behind Myungsoo's dad, it's his mom. "Let's just go inside, Myungsoo, okay?" she said with tears welling in her eyes. 

"Mom." Myungsoo called out.

"Let's talk, okay? Come on." his mom approached him and hugged him.

 

They went to sit on a long couch near the door and silence peeked in. An awkward family reunion, you must say.

 

"I.." his dad started.

"No, I want to go." Myungsoo tried to stand but his mom's hand was around his hip.

"Please, Myungsoo." his mom whispered.

"Myungsoo, I lied always for a reason. Please, understand." his dad explained.

"And I agreed to his lie because we need to talk, Soo." his mom added, carressing him inside her arms.

"What is it? I want to go back to my friends." Myungsoo mumbled.

"We're bothered that you're not taking any interest in girls, Soo. And I doubt that no one even has a crush on you." his mom stated.

"Is this thing you want to dicuss?" his parents nodded.

"Myungsoo, I'm sorry about this but...you need to marry whether you like it or not." his dad said in his most soft voice.

"What? Are you dictating me to marry?" Myungsoo's eyes widen, he didn't see this coming. He avoided all his father's decision but this is another matter.

"No, no. Soo, we're not dictating you. We're just trying to help you and at the same time help Lee family." his mom defended.

"Lee family?" 

"That family was a big part of my life. They helped me when I was young, they almost adopted me." his mom answered.

"Then why is marrying a help to them?" Myungsoo asked.

"By marrying Lee's only girl in the clan, they'll build up their company again with our help." 

"We can help them without me marrying one of them! Mom, I'm not going to do this."

"Soo, please. We already promised to help." 

"No. I'll not do it."

 

After that, Myungsoo left the house with a slam of the door.