Chapter 2

How to Love

China, March 2013

 

"Luhan, go answer the door." Kris yelled from the kitchen. He was struggling to make pancakes, yes, pancakes. He was actually doing it with Xiumin, which meant no help.

"Okay, wait a minute." Luhan answered from his room upstairs. He hurriedly walked downstairs, it was so rare to have visitors for them. Luhan messed up his own hair, since he had just showered. He was only wearing white tee and towel around his waist. "I'm coming!" he yelled to whoever was behind the door.

He opened the door and frowned when he saw a pretty girl with wavy black hair standing in front of him. She looked lost and she was carrying a suitcase. "Hmm, annyeong! My name is Lee Haneul, can I apply as a maid here?" she asked in Korean bluntly.

"W-what? Maid?" A girl like her as a maid? She should be in History class right now, or maybe playing with her boyfriend in a park. Cleaning house, doing laundry or cooking just didn't fit her. That was what Luhan thought though. And she spoke Korean, Luhan knew perfectly what she said, but did she just randomly visit other houses and ask for a job in Korean? "You're a Korean?" Luhan asked in bewilderment.

"Ne! I really need a job, can you please let me be your maid? Please~" Haneul clasped her hands together in hope.

Well, this girl is cute, why not? thought Luhan. "EVERYONE! WE HAVE A NEW MAID!" Luhan yelled, getting everyone's attention, even Lay's who was reading a book.

"WHAT?! No, Luhan, we don't need a maid, shoo her away!" Kris yelled from the kitchen, while washing his hands.

"But she's lost! She's Korean! And she's cute~" Luhan said adoringly.

Exo-M gathered at the doorway, looking at the girl, Lee Haneul. She was too young to even work, she looked like she was only 18 or 19, maybe 20 if her case was having baby face. Lay looked at her suspiciously. Their house wasn't in the area where people would just go straight into, why would a young girl like her go there?

"Annyeong! I'm Lee Haneul! I hope you accept me as a maid." She bowed.

"No, shoo, shoo," Kris said, shooing her with his hands.

"Kris! Let's just keep her, she's so cute~" said Luhan, still adoring Haneul.

"You're just going to toy her, Luhan," Xiumin muttered.

"No! I've promised right, since ... since ... that incident ..." Luhan looked at Lay, fearing that he had said the wrong thing, but Lay's expression remained calm as always. No one dared talk about it. "Please~" Luhan showed his best aegyo.

"Sometimes I wondered who's the real maknae," Tao chuckled.

"No we're not keeping her. We don't know if someone sends her as a spy or something," said Lay, clearly disapproved.

Luhan pouted, then he walked away from the scene. He sat on the couch, the TV and changing the channel every second. He didn't even look back, he just looked blankly at the TV while his hand was holding the remote, changing the channel.

"Aish, that guy's so childish!" Kris grunted.

"Maybe we should just take her in, it'll helpful if she can cook for us," said Tao.

"I can cook!" Haneul shouted.

Xiumin covered his ears, "No need to shout. Get in."

"YES! YES! YES! WE HAVE A CUTE NEW MAID~" Luhan suddenly ignore the TV and jumped here and there.

So childish, thought Haneul. 

 

--

 

"Hmm, since we don't have any room's left ... I guess she has to stay with Lay, since he's, uh, there's a spare bed in his room," Kris coughed awkwardly. 

"Why don't she stay with me?! Xiumin can sleep in Lay's room!" Luhan whined. 

"Are you kidding me? That was Chen's bed! No one sleeps there!" Lay yelled, leaving the scene immidiately. He ran to his room and slammed the door. 

Exo-M was used to this. Lay always act like that if Chen was involved. But they completely understands his temper, since he was the closest to Chen. They quited down a bit.

"I don't think Xiumin mind sleeping on the couch," Luhan whistled, looking up to the ceiling innocently. 

"Yah! No, I'm not sleeping on the couch just because you accept this girl to be our maid!" Xiumin protested. 

"I can sleep on the couch," Haneul blurted out. 

Luhan got an idea, as if a light bulb appeared above his head. "Me and Xiumin can share my bed while Haneul take Xiumin's!"

"You'll just kick me the second I get onto the bed!" Xiumin protested again.

"Then.. I'll take the couch!" Luhan persisted. 

"You really want her to stay in you room, huh?" Kris asked. "Since Luhan has no problem sleeping on the couch, Haneul will stay in Luhan's bed."

"YES!" Luhan jumped. 

Such a crazy guy, thought Haneul. "Can you show me which one is your room?" she asked politely. 

"Come with me!" Luhan grabbed her hand and dragged her to his room. "Xiumin, please bring her suitcase!" Luhan yelled from the stairs. 

Xiumin pouted but carried Haneul's suitcase anyway. As soon as the three of them reached the room, Luhan started babbling about his room. "So, this is our room! Welcome! Here, there won't be any alarm because it will disturb us, since both of us are heavy sleepers. Oh, you are free to bring foods to this room, and we'll be more delighted if you bring us some too! Now, that's your bed, which used to be my bed ... and that's the couch I'm going to sleep on ..." Luhan muttered the last part, while pointing to the not-so-comfortable couch. 

"I'm just thinking of moving to another room, since you're so noisy," Haneul sighed at Luhan's noisiness. 

"NO!" Luhan yelled. "Okay, okay I won't talk anymore, I promise!"

5 seconds later ...

"Okay, I can't take it anymore, another thing in this room is that I'm free to talk whenever I want," Luhan finally gave up. 

Haneul sighed again, This is going to be a long day

"Here's your suitcase." Xiumin threw her suitcase on Luhan's bed. "I'm going downstairs!" Then he sprinted downstairs, leaving Luhan and Haneul. 

Luhan awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck, "Uh, do you want me to help you unpack?" he asked. 

"No, you can go downstairs if you want." Haneul offered. 

"Okay.. sure, I'll be waiting downstairs." Luhan showed his teeth as he smiled before he headed downstairs. 

I wonder where Lay's room is, thought Haneul. She was about to unpack her thing when she realized that she had nowhere to place it. I'll just keep it in the suitcase then, she sighed for the umpteenth time that day. After that, she went out of her room and took a look around. Then she spotted a room with a door that was slightly opened. She went inside the room. 

The room had two beds, it was indeed a very clean room. One of the bed was clean, while the other one was messy. She walked toward the bed and was about to tidy it when she saw a phone lying on the night table. She thought it was Lay's, so she picked it and examined it. 

Suddenly the door croaked opened, Haneul threw the phone in shock. "Yah! What the hell are you doing in my room! Get out now! Don't touch any of the things there!" Lay's voice blared into the room.

"I-I'm sorry," she bowed, "I'm so sorry." 

"Get out! NOW!" Lay shouted.

Haneul ran out of the room and headed downstairs. Aish, what's his problem? she thought. 

Just as she appeared on the stairs ... "HANEUL!" Luhan's voice could even wake up the whole neighborhood. Here he goes again, Haneul huffed. "Can you cook?! I'm hungry!" Luhan whined. 

"What do you want to eat?" she asked. All the Exo-M member except Lay was sitting on the dinning room with Luhan. I guess they are all waiting for me to cook, she smiled at the thought. 

"DUMPLINGS!" they all chorused. 

Just as she was about to enter the kitchen, Lay went downstairs. Their eyes met and Haneul could swear that if looks could kill, she must be dead by now. Haneul looked down to the ground and started with her dumplings. 

 

"Isn't she sooo cute?!" Luhan said ecstatically on his seat. He was sitting between Kris and Lay. "Look at those curls, it's just so cute! I think I might have found my other half ..." Luhan said, glancing at the kitchen in every second. 

Xiumin gave him a sarcastic laugh, "The second you set your foot out of this house and find someone more attractive, you'll forget her."

"Yah! Haven't I told you that I won't be a player again?" Luhan denied. 

"Gege, don't you feel it's a bit odd for a young girl like here to be in this place? She's a Korean too, there's no way she just randomly turn into a wrong way and ended up in this neighborhood. Don't you guys get ... suspicious?" Lay asked. 

"No. If this is your other way to kick her out, no, I don't get suspicious or anything." Luhan said firmly. 

"Lay's right, we shouldn't trust her right away." Kris agreed with Lay. 

"Why don't we just let her stay for a couple of days and see if there's anything suspicious about her? She's cute though," Tao, who was sitting the furthest away from Luhan, said. 

"She's mine! Don't call her cute!"

"I'd rather see you as a player than this lovesick puppy," Xiumin said. 

 

Meanwhile in the kitchen..

"And ... done!" Haneul was admiring her masterpiece, which was dumplings. "DUMPLINGS COMING!" she yelled. She walked to  the dining table and served the dumplings.

Luhan ate it immediately, but then he felt the hotness in his mouth. "H-HOT, BURNING! W-WATER! W-WATER!" 

Lay gave his gege a glass of water, "You should have wait a little before stuffing it to your face."

"Yes, you should have." Haneul agreed, nodding her head. 

Luhan pouted, "I'm just so excited."

While the Exo-M boys ate the dumplings, Haneul found herself feeling hungry, she was sitting on the couch, watching the TV, which wasn't far away from the dining table. Suddenly her stomach grumbled loudly. Aish, this is so embarassing, she thought. She could only hope the boys didn't hear it. 

"Aww, my Haneul is so cute, come eat with us!" Luhan yelled. 

"There's no seat left." Lay stated. 

Luhan found his way to make Haneul eat. He grabbed his food and sat next to Haneul on the couch, "Say aah," Luhan said, ready to feed her. 

"You're so not feeding me!" Haneul covered with her hand. 

"Please?" Luhan pleaded. 

Haneul only shook her head. But then she saw Luhan placing the food on the table in front of them, crossing his hand. "I don't want to eat either," Luhan said childishly. 

"Sure, do whatever you want." Haneul shrugged. 

"You're not telling me to eat? All these years, there's no girl that would do such a thing!"

"I guess I'm a special case then," Haneul shrugged again. 

"Stubborn."

"Childish."

"Meanie."

"Noisy."

"I am not noisy!" Luhan denied. 

"Yeah, yeah, and I can fly." Haneul rolled her eyes. "Just go back to your seat, please?" 

"I'm not giving up!" Luhan picked the food from the table, trying to feed Haneul again. "If you don't eat this, I'll kiss you!" he threatened. Hearing no answer from Haneul, "I guess you want me to kiss you then," he said, puckering his lips. 

"No! Fine, I'll eat it." Haneul finally gave in, eating the dumpling. 

"I win." Luhan smirked. 

"Just because you threatened me!" 

"I still win."

"Whatever." Haneul rolled her eyes. 

 

 

"Night geges! Kris gege let's go to our room!" Tao jumped up and down to his room, dragging Kris who sighed heavily along with him. 

"Night." Lay said shortly before entering his room. 

Xiumin, Luhan, and Haneul entered their room. Xiumin immediately jumped onto his bed, and in a matter of second, he dozed off sleeping. 

"Are you sure you don't want me to take the couch?" Haneul asked kindly. 

"If you want me to sleep on my bed, we can just share that bed," Luhan smirked. 

"No, I'd rather sleep on the floor." 

"Um, Haneul?"

"Yes?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"You already asked one." Haneul raised her eyebrow. 

"Whatever, I'm just wondering, why did you end up here? This place isn't close to the heart of China or shopping place or restaurants." Luhan asked. 

"I got lost. I arrived here three days ago. After those days doing nothing, I have nowhere to go. So I just go to where my feet brought me. That's why I ended up here." Haneul explained. 

Luhan nodded his head several times, "Oh, okay. But, where did you spend the night for those three days?" he frowned. 

"I stayed in a hotel, but I ran out of money. So I started searching for jobs." 

"Why did you come here in the first place?" asked Luhan, getting more curious and curious. 

"I just want to get away from my life in Korea, sometimes it just ." 

"Why be a maid?"

"Yah! Why are you asking me so many questions? Just sleep, will you? I'm so tired and I need some rest. Goodnight." Haneul covered her body with the blanket. Wow, this blanket smells nice, this pillow too, she thought, wait ... it means that this nice smells is ... Luhan's smell, ah, stop thinking Haneul! 

"Goodnight, Haneul-ah." Luhan smiled before drifting off to his dreamland. 

 

--

 

Hmm, why does this bed suddenly feels so nice and warm? Haneul thought. Just after that, she felt something around her waist. She stirred in her sleep. She turned her body around, just to find warmness and hard chest. Wait ... chest?! Haneul's eyes shot opened. Then, a glass-breaking scream soared in the cold night. 

"Go back to sleep." Luhan ordered, tightening his grip on Haneul's waist.

"LUHAN!!" Haneul yelled, kicking Luhan off the bed. 

 


Author's note:

Annyeong! Hope you enjoy our second chapter!! Luhan is so cute isn't he?!

OOOOHHHH, Lay is such a meanie isn't he?!