Chapter 9

How to Love

Haneul was smiling like an idiot alone in her room. She was laying on her stomach, on Luhan's bed which technically was her bed now. In front of her was the stitch doll Luhan had given her. He gave it to her yesterday, and until now she still seemed to be so happy about it. No, no, this can't happen! I like Lay, not Luhan! I despise Luhan! He's an annoying guy! I do not like Luhan! Haneul battled in her own mind. But it still made her stomach tingled every time the thought of Luhan buying that much snacks just to get the stitch doll, for her. Sometimes she wondered if Luhan was really childish or he was just pretending to be childish, because it seemed like he was a sweet guy behind that pouty face. Aish, why am I being like this? This is just a stupid blue doll! She punched the doll playfully, and then she started smiling again, chuckling to herself.

She walked out of her room and ran downstairs. The first thing she noticed was Luhan laughing carefreely at Xiumin's joke, or maybe he was laughing at his own joke? Because nobody beside him was laughing. When he shut up, his head whirled around to see Haneul was standing on the stairs with her long, flowing hair. They locked their gaze for a second, until Haneul decided to break the gaze by running down the stairs and managed to trip by her own feet. She fell on her knees, thankfully, her head didn't bumped onto the floor.

"Ah, this hurts." She rubbed her knee, there was a light red mark on her knee. When she took a better look at it, she could tell that her knee was slowly bleeding, although it wasn't bleeding that much, it still hurts.

Luhan quickly ran to her side and checked her bleeding knee. "Aish, how could you be so clumsy? Does it hurt?" he asked worriedly.

"Of course it hurts, you babo! Can't you see that it's bleeding?" Haneul threw a tantrum at Luhan, slightly annoyed at his ridiculous question.

Luhan chuckled under his breath. "Let's take care of this wound." And then Luhan unexpectedly carried her in bridal style upstairs, to their room. He laughed as he saw Haneul's wide eyes and surprised look when he carried her. He opened his room with his foot, fortunately it didn't break. He placed Haneul gently on the bed, "Stay still, arasso? I'm going to get iodine," he ordered. He walked out of the room and got the iodine. He came back and saw Haneul playing the stitch doll he gave her. "I see you like that doll, huh?" he teased.

Haneul quickly threw the doll to the night table, "A-aniyo, I'm just bored."

Luhan made an I-don't-believe-you look before he bended down on his knees, facing Haneul's knee. "This going to sting a little," he warned her. He was about to place the cotton with iodine on her knee when Haneul suddenly shifted her leg. "Yah! Don't move." Luhan scolded her.

"It's going to sting a lot, isn't it?" Haneul muttered. She had always hated blood, it reminded of her Infinite oppas that sometimes got into a dangerous fights that could endanger their lives.

"Here, hold my hand. Grip it tighter if this stings." Luhan took out his other hand and reached Haneul's hand. He then wiped Haneul's wound with cotton full of water first, getting a tight grip on his hand. He wiped it gently with full concentration, cleaning the wound carefully. He brushed away the water with dry cotton.

Haneul watched how Luhan concentrated. It was a kind of adorable for her. His eyes were focusing on her wound and Haneul was focusing her eyes on Luhan that made her forgot about the pain. When Luhan finally finished treating her wound, he looked up and their gaze met once again. "Thank you," Haneul said, smiling softly.

"I wish you trip everyday, so I can be alone with you, treating your wound everyday too." Luhan said cheesily.

Haneul immediately blushed, but her pride was still too high to show Luhan that his words had affected her. "Yah! That's a bad wish! Come on, let's go downstairs! I want, uh... I wanna meet Lay oppa!" She got up and walked slowly, because of her wounded knee.

She's still thinking about Lay?

 

 

"Why don't we eat somewhere?" Xiumin suddenly came out with an idea, breaking the silence in the living room where everyone was just lounging lazily. "Can we eat at Hyori's restaurant? It's been so long since we've seen her!" he whined.

Everyone's heads turned to Xiumin at the mention of 'eat' and 'restaurant'. "Yes, we can go to Hyori's place! They have the tastiest food in Beijing!" Tao said cheerfully.

"But she always travels around. Is she even staying in China now?" asked Luhan.

"Who's Hyori?" asked Haneul, raising an eyebrow.

"A friend of ours, she has big restaurants all over Asia. Ah, she's close with Luhan ge." Kris winked at Luhan playfully.

Luhan felt obliged to speak something, "Uh, yeah, she's a... good friend. I guess we can go and check if she's here."

"Can I come?" Haneul asked with puppy eyes.

"No." said Lay, but then the other members said yes. Lay was outnumbered.

"What do I have to wear?" Haneul wondered.

"Preferably a dress," stated Kris.

"But I didn't bring my dresses here!" Haneul huffed.

Tao stood up with a wide grin plastered on his face, "THEN WE CAN GO SHOPPING!"

Haneul quickly shook her head, she wasn't really the type of girl that could stand walking for hours just to find a nice dress. "No, I think I'll just stay home while you guys go to the restaurant." Although I'm really curious about this Hyori girl..

Luhan glared at Haneul, "And what are you going to eat? Just buy the damn dress with Tao, I can accompany you too if you want."

"I think she has made her decision, she doesn't want to come, let her be." Lay said.

Kris, as the leader, started being wise. "You should've just come, Tao really likes shopping and none of us has been kind enough to accompany him. Just let him choose one dress for you and he'll be happy all his life."

"I want to choose a dress for Haneul too!" Luhan called out.

"Yay! This is the best day, I'm shopping with my gege and cute maid!" Tao cheered.

 

The three of them ended up in the mall.. along with the other three. Exo-M and Haneul were walking around the mall, looking around to find a nice dress from the stores' window. People (mostly girls) were looking at Haneul suspiciously, wondering what had Haneul done to make five gorgeous man go shopping with her. Especially, Luhan wouldn't stop talking to Haneul, but Haneul would get irritated and ignore him; that made the girls around wondered even more, who wouldn't want to talk to that drool-worthy man?

On the other side, Luhan kept annoying Haneul. Like he would poke her cheek, or ask her to try some lack-of-materials dresses, or babbling things about his ious little turtle that became blind and ran away from the house, or venting that he really wants to have a deer.

"Ah, look at that elegant dress! Let's get inside!" Tao clasped his hands together and ran inside the store. Kris and the other just rolled their eyes while Haneul and Luhan were walking behind them all, and didn't have any idea what was going on. Tao started checking the dresses one by one, imagining Haneul wearing it. Sometimes he would shook his head, or he would say "No, this isn't good enough", or rolled his eyes, thinking, Who's the idiot that made this ridiculous dress?

Kris, Xiumin, and Lay were also checking the clothes, although Lay was looking for himself... or is he? Far from them, Haneul and Luhan were sitting on the store's black couch. "Haneul-ah, look at that dress, it looks so y," said Luhan to Haneul, and as soon as he asked that, Xiumin came running, holding a dress.

"Haneul-ah! I bet this dress will look good on you!" Xiumin pointed at the dress, holding it upright. The dress was indeed very revealing. It was very short with a very low neckline, although the color was nice, which was purple, Haneul shook her head forcefully.

"Ah! That's a great dress!" Luhan agreed with Xiumin. "It has a nice neckline and all."

"No! I'm not trying that dress!" Haneul refused, shaking her head.

Lay saw the whole thing and thought, It's too revealing, what's in those idiots' mind? Lay quickly snatched a random dress nearest to him and brought it to Haneul. He didn't know why he did that.

"Yah! Try this one." He handed her the dress.

But Haneul was dazzled by the dress. It was a very beautiful dress indeed, and the fact that Lay picked that for her was an added bonus. "Waah, this one is so beautiful Lay oppa!" She grabbed the dress out of Lay's hand and went to the fitting room.

"You're also choosing for her?" teased Xiumin.

"It just happenned that I see that dress." Lay denied.

Haneul came back wearing the dress Lay had chose for her. All the Exo-M boys' mouth dropped to the ground. She's stunning, Luhan thought but he kept his mouth shut and just raised his both thumbs in approval. "Woaahh, Haneul-ah, you're very pretty!" Tao complimented, a little annoyed that he didn't find a good dress.

"Purchase it then." Kris ordered. They paid for the dress and went out of the store, soon, they went home.

At home, they all prepared themselves. The Exo-M was wearing nice tux and Haneul was wearing the dress they had bought. They all came downstairs. The first thing Haneul saw was Luhan, as good looking as ever. "I know you're staring." Luhan's voice broke her thought. "A-ani!" Haneul lied.

"Alright! Let's go!" Kris shouted and they walked towards their own cars. In a blink of an eye, they separatedly zoomed through Beijing.

 

"Ni hao! Welcome to The Kim's." The employees welcomed Exo-M and Haneul. They sat on a table of six and ordered their food. They also asked if Kim Hyori was in, and it turned out that Hyori was currently staying in China for a while.

"The food here is really good!" Xiumin kept saying.

"Hey guys! Long time no see!" A tall girl with long legs and looked like a model on high-class magazines approached their table. Her extravagant clothes basically was screaming "I'm so rich and you guys are losers."

The guys stood up, along with Haneul. "Hyori! It's been so long!" Xiumin hugged her. Hyori just laughed at Xiumin's cuteness.

"Yes, it's been so long." Kris agreed and hugged her with one hand, Lay did the same, it seemed like he was just naturally cold to everyone.

"Hi, Luhan!" Hyori smiled, trying her best to appear cute in front of him.

Luhan smiled at her and hugged her, "Hyori! When was the last time we saw you?! It's like ages ago!" Luham, as an excesive person, he exaggerated.

Hyori laughed and hugged him back. They seems... close, thought Haneul, who awkwardly stood behind them all.

Luhan saw Haneul's expression and quickly introduced her, "Ah, Hyori, this is Haneul, she's from Korea. She's our... friend." He couldn't bring himself to tell that Haneul was actually their maid; because knowing Hyori, she would look down at Haneul.

Haneul bowed at Hyori. "Annyeong, I'm Lee Haneul."

"She's your friend? Since when did you guys have a girl friend?" Hyori totally ignored Haneul's warm greeting.

Lay who never really like the owner of the restaurant, rolled his eyes. "You're a girl, Hyori. Or you don't consider yourself as our friend?" he asked.

"Oh, sorry." Hyori shrugged. "I see that you guys have ordered. I really want to be with you guys but I have to talk to this idiot employee of mine. Sorry. I'll see you guys later." Hyori smiled and walked away from Exo-M and Haneul.

"Isn't she's so nice and pretty?!" Xiumin said ecstatically.

Lay just scoffed, "If that's what you call nice then Haneul would be an angel sent from above. Did you see her y remark?"

Haneul was surprised that Lay was on her side, since Lay seemed to really hate her. It surprised her more when Luhan said, "You never liked her, Lay. Give her a chance, will you? She's pretty nice, I think." Luhan was always on her side, well, there was always a first on everything, right?

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Lay just shrugged it off.

Hyori never came back after her excuse to give her employee some lessons, so Exo-M decided to go home with Haneul. The night went just like the other days, Lay was alone in his room, Kris and Tao was bickering since Tao wouldn't shut up, Xiumin was fast asleep, Luhan was asleep on the couch and Haneul was still thinking about the Hyori girl.

And just like any other morning, Haneul found herself in Luhan's embrace.

 

--

 

"Yah! Open the door! Someone's knocking non-stop!" Kris ordered from the kitchen, he was making breakfast with Haneul. "Who would come this early?" Kris muttered.

Xiumin groaned, he opened the door and his eyes widen in surprise.

"Hyori?"