Chapter 10

How to Love

"Hyori?" Xiumin raised his eyebrow, sure he was happy to see Hyori, but as rewinded his memory, he was pretty sure that none of Exo-M member had ever told her the location of their house. "Hi! What are you doing here?" he asked politely, "Come in." He gestured Hyori to come inside the house. "GUYS, WE HAVE A VISITOR! IT'S HYORI!" Xiumin's voice roared through the house.

Luhan who was playing hir rubik's cube put down the rubik's. He tilted his head to see Hyori was entering the house with Xiumin. "Hyori-ah! Wait... how do you know where we lives?" he questioned. As long as he remembered, he never told her where they lived.

"Yeah, Hyori, how do you know? None of us has ever told you." Lay butted into the conversation, his face showed that he was getting suspicious at the Hyori girl.

"Yah, don't be like that to our dongsaeng." Kris slowly entered the living room with Haneul trailing behind him. She wasn't that please to see that girl again, since she had a problem with her attitude.

Lay eyed Hyori suspiciously, "How'd you know our house?"

"Is this how you guys are welcoming a guest?" Hyori pouted, making Lay wanted to slap that stupid face that tried to be cute, but failed miserably.

"No, this is my way of welcoming strangers." Lay corrected her.

"Fine, Luhan once told me your address," said Hyori, gaining more suspicious look from Lay.

Lay was still eyeing her, making her felt uncomfortable with his squinted eyes. "Luhan ge isn't a stupid people who'll just tell his friends about our house."

"Yah! Luhan-ah, you did tell me, right?" Hyori asked Luhan.

Luhan rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, "I don't really remember..."

Hyori's eye shifted to see the girl from the restaurant. She looked at the girl from head to toe, "You," she pointed at the girl, "what are you doing here?" she asked with an attitude.

"Uh, I'm..." before Haneul could finish her sentence, Lay cut her off, "She's living with us. Didn't you hear what Luhan said last night? She's our friend."

"Okay, okay, let's not yell at each other." Kris held up his hand, signaling the other to stop bickering. "Hyori-ah, what exactly is your purpose coming here?" he asked.

"I'll be staying in China for a while, I want to stay here." Hyori bluntly said.

The Exo-M members looked at one another, as if having a discussion in their heads. It probably went like, 'We are so not letting her stay here,' it would be Lay who said that, and the others, being a nice guy to their old friend would say, 'Yah! Don't be such a rude person. We let Haneul stay, why not with her?'

"You're not staying with us. Stay in a hotel, or rent an apartment, no, scratch that, buy an apartment so you don't have to come here again." Lay spatted coldly.

"Yah, Lay, I think it's okay to let her stay here. She's our friend afterall. She's a girl too! We can't abandon girls, it's a no no." Luhan said, defending Hyori because he thought Lay was out of the line, being so rude like that.

"Hyori-ah, you're welcome to stay here." Kris said politely.

Hyori smiled, "Yeay! Wait a second," she went back to the front door and grabbed her suitcase. "So... where's my room?" Hyori asked excitedly.

Tao who wasn't really paying attention the whole time immediately looked at Lay, the only bed available was the one in Lay's room. "We may have a little problem with that..." Tao coughed, signaling the others that they had a problem.

"She's not staying in my room." Lay proclaimed sternly.

"Lay-ah, your room is the only one with vacant bed." Kris stated.

"Then.." Lay thought for a moment. "Haneul will stay with me, this girl can stay in other rooms or in this living room for all I care." Lay grabbed Haneul's hand and dragged her upstairs with him.

"Lay oppa, where are we going?" Haneul asked. She looked back, silently sad that Luhan didn't object when Lay said that she was going to stay in his room from now on.

Lay stopped right in front of their room, which was across one another. "Grab you things and move it to my room. I'm so not going to be that 's roomate. I'll be in my room." Just like that, Lay swiftly walked into his room, leaving Haneul to take her stuffs.

Haneul took her suitcase, she didn't have a cupboard so she didn't have anywhere to place her clothes in Luhan's room. She went across from Luhan and Xiumin's room. The other Exo-M members were still downstairs, probably catching up with Ms. Perfect, thought Haneul. She knocked on Lay's door, but she received no answer, so she just turned the doorknob and went inside. Everything was still the same like when she accidentally went inside the room before.

"You can put your stuff in that cupboard." Lay's voice surprised her, as always. 

Haneul nodded obediently, she put her clothes inside the small cupboard, it perfectly fit inside that made Haneul thought that her stuffs weren't as many as she thought before. "Ah, just putting my clothes is already tiring," Haneul was about to plop onto the empty bed when Lay stopped her with blazing eyes.

"STOP! DON'T TOUCH THAT BED!" he shouted at Haneul, making her startled and fell on the floor. Lay sighed and helped her to get up. "You're not sleeping on that bed, I... I'll sleep there. You take my bed." Lay pointed at the other bed, which was very messy, there was some chips on the bed. Lay saw that Haneul looked at his bed in disgust, "Yah! You just have to clean it, it's your job, isn't it? It's just small amount of chips... maybe a lot. Just throw it away," said Lay.

Haneul later sat on Lay's bed after she cleaned and tidied the bed. She brushed away her sweat and lay on the bed. On the other bed, Lay was also laying on the bed. "Lay oppa..." called Haneul.

"I don't like to be called oppa." Lay answered her emotionlessly.

"But I like to call you oppa," said Haneul confidently. "I just want to ask, why do you seem to hate Hyori-ssi?"

Lay gave her a small chuckle, the one she could barely hear, "Didn't you see how she behave? She thinks she owns the world just because she's so freaking rich. She's a and she sure acts like one."

"But the other seems to like her," Haneul mind trailed back to where Luhan defended Hyori from Lay.

"Let's just say they can't see that she's a bad person because she's pretty. I also think that she went through a plastic surgery to get that face, I remembered she wasn't that pretty back when we were younger." Lay once again chuckled darkly, there was not hint of humor.

Haneul chuckled along with him. "I don't like her either, honestly. But it really surprised me that you're willing to share this room with me."

"I still don't like you," Lay declared first, "but I just dislike her more than I dislike you."

"Can I tell you something?" asked Haneul.

"Hm?"

"I actually feel as if I'm not a maid here, why don't you guys order me around or tell me to go here, go there, clean this, go to laundry, buy this, buy that, or yelping that there's still dust on the television?"

Lay gave her a look, "You watch dramas too much. Before you're here, this house is already very clean, so you don't have to do anything hard."

"Who usually clean the house?" asked Haneul.

"Tao, since he's the maknae. But he never really do anything right, so we in the end we clean the house together."

Haneul nodded, "Who wakes up the earliest?"

"Me, of course." Lay said proudly.

"I don't believe you though.. Well, who... goes out with girls the most?"

"Luhan ge, but he kinda stops..." Lay trailed off.

"Oh," Haneul was a little dissapointed. "Who cooks the best? Because I know it's not Kris. He can't even made a bread without dropping it to the floor."

"Luhan ge and me are the best chef. But I think I'm better, Luhan ge only cook for himself when he's hungry."

The conversation continued, they often chuckled at each other's remarks... or maybe it was only Haneul who was laughing. Haneul didn't have the courage to ask Lay about the owner of the bed he was laying on now, since he seemed very sensitive about that topic. Little that they knew, someone was about to knock on the door, telling them to go down and eat. As he heard that they seemed to get along pretty well, his heart was ripped a little.

They're having fun? And here I am thinking that Lay will forever hate her.

 

--

 

Haneul walked downstairs with Lay and found the other Exo-M surrounding Hyori on the couch. They chatted loudly with her, probably asking about her life now. Haneul was about to approach them when she felt a tight grip on her wrist. She turned around and found Lay giving her a look. 

"What?"

Lay nodded his head to where the kitchen was located. "Let's just go there," he said in a low voice, dragging Haneul to the kitchen counter.

They reached the kitchen and Lay released his grip on Haneul's hand. He sat on one of the bar stool. "Why? Do you need something?" Haneul was confused with Lay's sudden behaviour but she kept a straight face. "I don't. I had enough with that girl, her life is not that interesting anyway." He said coldly. "You're not her biggest fan either, am I right?" 

Haneul nodded her head slowly.

"That's good then, so you can accompany me here." He gave Haneul a small smile.

Haneul was moved by his smile. Haneul had never seen his smile before, and was that smile beautiful. She was mesmerized by his smile and didn't realize that the corner of her lips turned upwards.

 

 

Luhan saw Haneul and Lay walking down the stairs. His face got brighter when he saw Haneul, he wanted to call her name but Lay took her wrist out of the blue, and then he whispered something to Haneul. Luhan felt annoyed by the act Lay had pulled. He saw Lay dragged Haneul to the kitchen, since when did they become close? He got suspicious and walked into the kitchen too. 

There he saw Haneul and Lay looking at each other's eyes with a smile on their lips. He felt something he never felt before in his heart, the feeling that he just want to rip Lay's lips apart. 

"What are you two doing here?" 

 


 

We didn't put Hyori's picture on the foreword, if any of you are wondering how she looks like, here is it.

Hyori: