Chapter 11

How to Love

"What are you two doing here?" Luhan's voice boomed in the kitchen. 

Lay and Haneul were startled by Luhan's presence and as fast as a lightning, they broke their staring contest. Their smile slowly faded and Haneul got off the stool. "We're just chatting. What are you doing here?" 

"I.." Luhan stuttered, confused of what he was going to say, until a great idea came into his mind. "I want to take Haneul out. How about we go to the amusement park?" He grinned. He might as well made his moves toward Haneul now or he'll say bye-bye to Athena, his beloved car. 

"YES! I want to!" Haneul eagerly answered and turned her head backwards. "Lay oppa! You'll come with us, won't you?" She shook his shoulder repeatedly from too much excitement she's feeling now.

Say no.. Please say no..

"Just go with Luhan ge, I'll stay home." Lay knew that his gege must've wanted to make his moves now, he loved his car too much. 

Victory.

"What are you waiting for? Come on," before Luhan could headed to his room to grab his car keys, someone popped out of nowhere in front of him.

"Oppa! You're going? Can I come?" Hyori excitedly clasped her hand with a cute pout.

Luhan sighed and rested his hands on her shoulder, "I'm sorry, but it's a date between me and Haneul. Just both of us," He looked back at Haneul and smiled at her. Haneul blushed and hid her face right away so that Luhan couldn't see her pink cheeks. She then went to the bathroom to change her clothes.

Hyori sent Haneul a glare without Luhan knowing and when Luhan looked at her, her face quickly transformed into a pouty face again.

"Please Oppa? Pretty pleaseee?" Hyori gave him her best puppy eyes but to no avail, Luhan just shook his head.

"I'm sorry, I'll take you with us some other time. Just not now," He pulled away his hands and ran to his room to grab his car keys.

"Haneul-ah! I'll be waiting in the car!"

 

 

"Waaah!" Haneul's eyes sparkled at the sight of the amusement park. "It's been so long since I've been to amusement parks!"

Luhan gave her a light chuckle, thinking that she was cute. "Come on, let's go play carousel first!" He pointed at the carousel. But Haneul shook her head, "No, first thing to do in amusement park is buy cotton candy!" Haneul said enthusiastically. Luhan pretended to be thinking, "Hmm, do we have to buy cotton candy? You'll get fat!" he remarked, he also widened his eye to complete his act.

"Yah! I'm not fat! And who cares if I get fat?" Haneul crossed his arms. "Oh... are you afraid to get fat?" she teased with playfull expression.

"Even if I'm fat, girls would still drool over me." Luhan cockily boasted. He also crossed his arms like Haneul, copying her. Unawarely, Haneul grabbed his hand and yanked him to the nearest cotton candy booth. He was taken aback by that and he just followed her.

Haneul picked the pink cotton candy, "I wanna buy this one, please?" She said to Luhan, also showing him the cotton candy she wanted. She watched Luhan shook his head and immediately searched a way to make him buy her the cotton candy. "I forgot to bring my wallet... Luhan oppa, please buy me this one?" she smiled sweetly.

Luhan looked at her after she called him oppa. He, once again, was taken aback by her today's demeanor. He decided to , just to see her annoyed face. "What did you say again?" he leaned his ear closer to her face, acting as if he didn't hear what she said.

"I said, I forgot to bring my wallet, will you buy this one for me?" Haneul repeated.

Luhan shook his head, "No, no, the other one, after the wallet, it's not right, not the same."

Haneul thought about what she said awhile ago, "Oh! Luhan oppa! Oppa! Buy me this!" Damn, I'm turning into that Hyori girl, this will be the first and the last time I''ll say something in that so-called cute voice!

"Good, good." Luhan took out his wallet and paid for the cotton candy. They left the booth and started wandering around. Haneul was eating her cotton candy, but she could see how Luhan would sometimes glanced at her cotton candy. She grinned as she thought of something, "Hmm, this is soooo nice. So sweet! Ummm, om-nom-nom," Haneul exaggerately ate her cotton candy.

Luhan gawked at Haneul, he suddenly had an eager crave to eat the cotton candy. "Yah! Just eat the damn cotton candy quietly, will you?" he scolded her.

"Hmm, so yummy." Haneul made a dreamy face.

Luhan abruptly grabbed the cotton candy and took a bite... multiplied it by five. "Your fault, not mine." Luhan gave back the cotton candy and crossed his arms once again.

"I know you want this too. We can just share it, you know?" Haneul offered, after she burst out laughing histerically.

Luhan nodded rapidly, he took another bite from the cotton candy that Haneul was holding. In a flash, the pink cotton candy was only a stick with some cotton candy left there, Haneul threw it away. "Let's go to the carousel now!" she cheerfully pulled Luhan to the carousel.

 

After they played carousel, Haneul dragged Luhan to another games similar with that. Later, Haneul took Luhan to a game called Arabian Carpet, Luhan immediately shook his head, he stopped walking too. "Come on!" Haneul shouted.
 
"I'm not riding that game." Luhan said flatly.
 
Haneul smirked, "Aaah, is our Luhan afraid of height?"
 
Luhan shook his head, "I'm... It's too dangerous! Let's play other games, I've bought you cotton candy, so you have to follow my command."
 
Haneul pouted and pulled him to another game, Hurricane. "Yah! I've told you I'm not a big fan of heights!" Luhan stomped his foot on the ground like a kid.
 
"Then what's so exciting to come here? At least accompany me to ride roller coaster, please?" Haneul pleaded.
 
Luhan knew Haneul would pout all day if he didn't agree, so he just sighed. "Fine." With that, Haneul hurriedly ran, holding Luhan's hand, to the roller coaster game. "Wooo! I'm so excited!" she yelled.
 
On the other hand, Luhan was fidgeting. He looked up to the roller coaster nervously. "Can we go back..." Luhan mumbled to Haneul.
 
"I'll be right beside you, arasso? You're not going to die! Even if you die, you'll die with me anyway!" Haneul smiled, patting Luhan's shoulder to support him. Somehow, Haneul's words had made the edge of Luhan's lips curved up. Without waiting for a long time, they found theirselves were seated on the roller coaster. They fastened their seatbelts. Luhan didn't dare to look anywhere but straight, to the other chair in front of him. Think of something else, sweet bunnies, baozi, soccer, pink rabbit, rainbow, bubble tea... he kept telling himself in his head.
 
Haneul smiled softly at Luhan's cute nervousness. She felt a little guilty that she forced him to ride that game, but you only live once, right? She took Luhan's hand and intertwined it with her. When Luhan looked at her questioningly, she took out her other hand and gestured 'Fighting!' encouragingly. Before they knew it, the roller coaster suddenly moved.
 
 
"You're going to pay for that, Haneul-ah. Don't you know I almost die in that crappy ride? I think I left my heart up there!" Luhan blabbered after they got off the roller coaster.
 
Haneul just laughed, "But you didn't die! Your heart is still beating inside your body too! Don't hyperbolize everythings up!"
 
Luhan spotted a game, doubtlessly was a game he would love. "Haneul-ah, let's go play that game." He smirked while pointing at the game.
 
Haneul turned her head to see the game Luhan was pointing to. She rapidly shook her head and backed away, "No!! I don't want to!"
 
"Yah! You forced me to right that stupid roller coaster! Come one, even if you die, we'll die together, right?" Luhan copied her previous words, still smirking.
 
"Luhan..." Haneul whispered.
 
"Come on!" This time, Luhan was the one dragging her to the haunted house.
 
--

 

Meanwhile at home, Hyori was beyond furious. She threw tantrums at everyone in the house after Luhan and Haneul had left.

How dare he left me and go with that ! She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest. Are they really just friends? But why do I see more than that? she thought deeply. She decided to end her befuddlement and ask Exo-M about their relationship. And at the exact same time, Xiumin passed the couch that she was sitting on. She clamped her hand on Xiumin's wrist before he could go any further.

Xiumin turned his head around, "Um, what do you need?" He asked carefully because he knew Hyori was in one of her crappy moods. If he said just one word wrong, he'll definitely feel Hyori's wrath again. 

"Tell me," she stood up from the couch to face Xiumin. "Who's that girl?"

"That girl? Which girl are you talking about?"

"That. The one that just went out with Luhan. Hana or Haneul something," she scoffed.

"Oh, you mean Haneul? Well, her full name is Lee Haneul, she's korean, she's a friend of ours, very pretty but-"

"Really Xiumin, really?!" She cut him off before Xiumin could finish.

"Y-you're the one asking, right?"

"I am but not that kind of thing you idiot!" she took a deep breath to calm her anger and fortunately, it worked. "I mean, who is she to you guys? To Luhan? What is their relationship?"

"Oh, her relationship with Luhan? Well.." Xiumin started.

Her breath got caught in , waiting for Xiumin to tell her who she really is to Luhan. Are they in a relationship? Are their relationship serious?

..

..

..

But Xiumin just kept silent and is in deep thought.

"Yah! Xiumin! I asked you a question!" She got irritated by Xiumin's action and slapped his arm. Not that hard, but enough to took him out of his trance.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry, okay?" He sighed slowly, "Actually.. I don't know."

"What?" Her eyebrow shot up. "How come you didn't know?"

"It's just.. I don't know. They often bickers, but sometimes they get along well too. They look good together, don't they?" sid Xiumin, causing Hyori to grow more furious.

"Aish, it's no use asking you!" She stormed away to her room.

 

--

 

"Luhan... I'm scared." Haneul was clutching Luhan's arm tightly. She kept looking left and right, suspecting something would come out and she'll die on spot.

Luhan gladly swung his arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer, "Sssh, don't be scared, Luhan's here." He rubbed her shoulder to calm her down. Just like Haneul before, Luhan felt guilty for forcing her to go to the haunted house.

In the middle of the darkness, a ghost came out of nowhere, causing Haneul to yelp in surprise. Luhan immediately closed her eyes with his hand while holding her tight. "Yah! You stupid midget!" Yes, the ghost was short. They continued walking, Haneul hid her face on Luhan's shoulder and Luhan patted her head soothingly.

"I'm so scared," Haneul was on the verge of crying, when Luhan took away his arm from her shoulder and stood in front of her, facing her. He held her shoulders with his hands. "Hey, hey, don't cry, arasso? Look at me," Luhan stared at her eyes. Haneul stared back at him and unconsciously, she was lost in his beautiful eyes. His eyes was full of warmness.

"I won't ever let any of them get to you, I promise that I won't let them touch you. I'll be here to protect you, I'm always beside you. Don't be scared, okay? You always have me." Luhan smiled

Haneul nodded. Once again, she was wrapped inside Luhan's protective arms. Haneul hid her face on his shoulder again as they walked through the darkness.

Luhan felt something wet on his shoulder and realized that Haneul was crying. He thought of something real quick; he released his arms and carried her up in bridal style.

Haneul was surprised by his sudden action but she let him carried her because damn, the haunted house was scarier than she could ever imagine. She wiped her tears away, I'm heavy, right?" she asked as Luhan carried her.

"Pssh, you're as light as a feather." Luhan chuckled nervously, trying to lighten up the mood. Haneul just gave him a small smile. Everytime a ghost came out, Haneul would close her eyes and Luhan would either scold or yell at the ghost.

After the dreadful game, they came out with Haneul still in Luhan's arm. "Comfortable, eh?" teased Luhan, "See? We're still alive, bones and flesh."

Haneul got off from Luhan and when she did that, Luhan felt something missing. He suddenly had the urge to feel her body against his once again. He didn't know why, he just do. Luhan holding her was something he could get used to easily.

She wiped away her tears again, "I'm never going to that haunted house ever again!" She stomped her foot just like Luhan before, she also looked away. But when she looked back at where Luhan was, he was nowhere to be seen.

"Yah! Get on my back." Luhan was in front of her, bending on his knees with his back facing her. "Quick!" he ordered.

Haneul did as he said, she got on his back. She wrapped her arms around his neck. Luhan smiled in contentment. "Where are we going next?"

"Hmm... Ice cream?"

"Nice one, I'm hungry." They walked to the ice cream booth, but in the middle of their way, Haneul spotted a big deer doll on a game booth, a kind of game with shooting thing. "Can you win me that one?" Haneul pointed at the doll, somehow, just like the stitch doll, the deer doll reminded him of someone... right, it's Luhan.

Luhan grinned, "Why? So you can hug the deer every night because you're not rooming with me anymore? Don't you know deer resembles me?"

"Just get me that one, or you're afraid you can't win me that doll?"

"Watch me," Luhan walked toward the booth confidently. With Haneul still on his back, he released one of his hands from her legs and started shooting with one hand...

..

..

He won her the doll.

Haneul was excitedly playing the deer doll, and she was still on Luhan's back. Once they reached the ice cream booth, Haneul got off from Luhan's back and bought the ice cream. Both of them got the strawberry one. They ate silently; Haneul was hugging her new doll with her left hand whilst her right hand was holding the ice cream.

"You got something.." Luhan wiped away some ice cream that left on the corner of .

"Uh? Oh, yeah, sorry." She awkwardly chuckled and blushed madly.

"It's already dark, let's go home," announced Luhan after the awkward silence.

Haneul nodded. Luhan's arm s around her waist as he led her to Athena. They went inside the car and had a silent ride.

"I have such a blast today." Haneul broke the silence.

Luhan smiled and groggily rubbed his neck, still driving the car. "Uh.. I'm sorry I made you go to the haunted house.." he muttered under his breath, almost impossible to be heard but Haneul heard it anyway, and she smiled.

"I'm sorry I made you got on the roller coaster too," she aplogized as well.

They were both smiling like idiots when suddenly there was a loud thud and the car stopped moving. "What's wrong?" asked Luhan.

Luhan rolled down the window and checked on the tires. He sighed, "I think we have to spend the night here."