Chapter 8

How to Love

Flashback:

 

March 2013, Korea

 

"Yah! Don't cheat!" Dongwoo yelled and threw a banana peel on Sungyeol's head. 

It's a beautiful sunday in Korea. Infinite was enjoying their night by laying lazily on their base, playing video games fiercely.

Sungyeol swiftly dodged the banana peel and it goes right onto Sunggyu's head. "YAH!! What do I have to do with your stupid game!" Dongwoo and Sungyeol laughed loudly. "HAHAHAHA!! Your..your face! You have to see your face!" Dongwoo kept on laughing.

"IT'S PRICELESS!" Dongwoo laughed so hard that he fell off the couch.

Sunggyu gave him a devious smirk, "Serves you right."

"Sometimes I wonder why do I even friends with you guys.." Woohyun shook his head. He looked at his left, L was sleeping soundly, hugging his bamboo pillow and mumbling Haneul's name in his sleep. "And sometimes I wonder why this guy is so lovesick with my sister.." He sighed. But I wish they will end up together. I can't trust any other guy to be with Haneul except him.

His phone on his pocket rang. He looked at the caller id, it was JR. Why would JR call me? Are they done with Exo-M? Why do I have a bad feeling about this? He thought and picked up his phone. "Yes, JR? What do you have for me?" Woohyun said calmly.

He heard a little commotion over the phone before a voice was heard, "For your information, we're strong." and then the line went dead. 

Woohyun was left flabbergasted. He stared at his phone for awhile.

We did underestimate them.

 

--

 

March 2013, China

 

"How am I supposed to get her when she hates my guts?!" Luhan frustratedly messed up his hair in Kris's car. "I was being all-nice-love-dovey-guy in front of her but all she gives me in return is a cold shoulder. She loves to scold me and she likes Lay!" Luhan babbled. 

"Yah! Calm down, will you? You're disturbing my sleep!" Xiumin scolded him. 

Lay, who was sitting on the passanger seat, scoffed. "Even if she begs me to like her back, there's no way I'll like her."

"And I can't just dump her! What if she's so desperate that she decides to kill herself?! LIKE JUMPS FROM THE CLIFF! OR GETS HERSELF HIT BY A TRUCK!" Luhan exaggerately ranted. 

Kris who was driving got all annoyed by his gege, "Shut up, will you, ge? Just dump her like you dump any other girls all those years," he said calmly. 

Luhan stopped talking. He's right, why can't I just dump her like those girls I dated back then? And why am I making a big fuss out of this? he thought. "You're right.. BUT I'M GOING TO DATE A MAID! GOSH!"

"You're such a drama queen, ge." Tao mumbled, and then he got back to sleeping. He had his head resting on Xiumin's shoulder. "Just date, dump, and get over with it. She'll move on in no time. She won't do anything dangerous, believe me." Tao said with his eyes closed.

Luhan couldn't belive that he got lectured by a younger guy.  He smacked Tao's head and turned around to face the window, thinking. He massaged his head with a sigh, Why am I feeling this way? He closed his eyes. I definitely drank too much. 

 

 

Haneul opened her eyes to see a sleeping Luhan right in front of her face. No, she didn't scream like before. She got used to Luhan's habit day by day. She removed Luhan's arm around her stomach and sat up, glancing at the time and find it to be 7:47. It's Sunday, so Exo-M would definitely be sleeping at this hour. She slowly got up from the bed when she felt Luhan's firm grip on her wrist. She turned around to face a still sleeping Luhan, but with his hand holding hers.

"Don't go Haneul-ah.. I need you.." Luhan slowly mumbled in his sleep. Haneul released his grip on her hand, again used to Luhan's antics.

She walked downstairs, ready to prepare breakfast when her eye caught someone.

Lay was sitting on the couch, sleeping soundly. Why is he sleeping here? She approached him quietly. Haneul scanned Lay's face from his hair to his face. Yes, he was absolute perfection. Haneul unawarely sat beside him and laid her head on his shoulder. It feels.. good.. 

And that's the only thing she remembers before she closed her eyes.

 

 

Luhan woke up and found himself on the bed alone. He sat up and felt a buzzing pain in his head. , I really had too much drink last night, He cursed himself on his mind. He got up, searched his drawer, took a pair of aspirin and drank it in one gulp. Feeling better now, he walked downstairs just to saw a very disturbing scene. He looked closely, rubbed his eyes several times, and looked at it again. What.. Is my eyes playing tricks on me or what? 

He saw Haneul sleeping with her head on Lay's shoulder comfortably, and so did Lay. He had his head rested against Haneul's. Moreover, his arms were wrapped around Haneul's shoulder. Luhan can't believe his own eyes. What kind of bull he said yesterday? That he won't fall for Haneul, whatever happens? So what is this that I saw? Tch.

Xiumin too that just woke up a minute after him, had a surprised look on his face upon seeing them. "What.. what is Lay doing?! I thought he hated Haneul?" Xiumin whispered loudly in Luhan's ears. "I HAVE to take a picture!" He quickly sprinted to their room, searching for his phone that he threw somewhere last night when they were drunk. Luhan got irritated at Xiumin for no reason, but seeing the scene before him irritated him more. Much, much more.

He strolled back to his room and lay on the bed. His mind couldn't seem to stop thinking about the scene of Haneul and Lay sleeping on the couch together. He did admit that they looked good together.. but he shook off that thought. He never thought that Lay would betray his own words. No, it must be a mistake, maybe he just happened to be sleeping on the couch and then Haneul came, knowing that Haneul likes Lay, she might decided to sleep beside him.. thought Luhan. But that thought just lead him to another thought that Haneul liked Lay. Aish, this is so frustrating!

Why am I like this? Why am I so bothered about the thought of them together? I just have to get over with this bet, get her, dump her, and leave her. Why am I such a drama queen these days? Luhan looked at the left side of the room, Xiumin was searching for something. "What are you searching for, ge?" Luhan asked. 

"My phone! I need to take a picture of those two!" Xiumin turned his head to see Luhan's gloomy face. He had just found his phone. He was afraid seeing Luhan's face darkened, possibly because of the scene downstairs. He slowly shoved his phone into his pocket and walked out of the room, leaving Luhan. 

 

On the other side of the house, Lay's eyes slowly fluttered opened. He felt a light weight on his shoulder. He turned his head and found Haneul sleeping, resting her head on top of his shoulder. He shoved her away, "YAH! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?!" he shouted at Haneul, who was starting to open her eyes. 

"Huh? I'm just sleeping, what is wrong with that?" Haneul blinked twice and smiled innocently. 

"You're sleeping next to me! Didn't you notice it awhile ago?" Lay was still shouting. Man, Luhan ge is going to be furious if he knew about this! thought Lay. "Never, I repeat, NEVER sleep next to me ever again!" Lay commanded. 

Haneul nodded rapidly, "Y-yes, I won't do it again!" she yelled rather cutely. 

"Waah, you guys are so cute!" Tao who came out of the blue exclaimed, next to him there stood Xiumin. Xiumin took the picture just in time, before Lay woke up and decided to shove Haneul away from his side. 

Kris, coming from the kitchen, smirked, "I don't know Lay would take back his own words." He shook his head, annoying Lay. 

And then, Luhan was walking down the stairs with dark face. "You must had a great sleep," he said emotionlessly. He plopped himself onto the couch next to Lay. He the tv and watched a random drama without saying anything afterwards. 

"Look, gege..." Lay tried to explain to Luhan, but Luhan smiled at him. "No, no, you two indeed look great. Aahh, I really need to get myself a girl." He pouted. He continued on watching the drama, though his mind was drifting somewhere else. 

Lay just shrugged him off and walked to his room.

 

 

"Haneul-ah! Let's go buy groceries!" Luhan shouted from the bottom floor. "We're out of stock! Come with me!" He shoved his wallet into his jeans pocket while his other hand was taking his car key.

"Can't you go alone? Why do I have to come?" Haneul whined. 

"You applied yourself as a maid days ago, right?" Luhan grinned. 

Haneul sighed, remembering her crappy job. "Okay, okay, just wait for a second. I'll go change." She ran to the bathroom and changed. In a split of second, she came out wearing another clothes. She ran downstairs to find Luhan was already waiting for her in his car. His green car immediately astonished her, and the color was screaming It's Luhan's  even from the afar. "Nice ride you're having here," she commented as she entered the car. The car also smelled nice, it smelled like Luhan, thought Haneul. She was getting used to find herself devoured in Luhan's hug in the morning, and she admitted that Luhan smelled very nice. 

"Of course. You just met Athena, my lovely car that I won't change for anything in this world," said Luhan proudly. 

Haneul nodded, "I really want to have such a great car like this! But my opp--" she stopped herself from blurting out that she had an oppa in Korea. "--appa wouldn't buy me a car. He, uh, he said that I'm not a good driver." Haneul lied. In fact, she didn't even know where on earth her father is, let alone thinking that he would buy her a car.

Luhan just chuckled at her while driving to the supermarket. "If I'm riding another car beside Athena, I would've let you drive it. But this is my baby we're talking about, and there's no way I'm letting anyone drive her. I won't even tolerate a tiny scratch."

"You never crash or anything?" Haneul asked. 

"I'm a very good driver, if you're doubting me." Luhan stated, abruptly accelerating the car to go faster through the street of Beijing.

"Woah! Slow down! God I don't wanna die yet!" Haneul's panicked voice blared through the car. Luhan chuckled lightly, amused by Haneul's behaviour. He slowed down the car, "Don't worry, I won't let anything happen to you. I promise you, I won't."

Haneul stayed in silent after hearing Luhan's little promise and tried to hide her smile by biting her lower lip.

"Um, so, what are the things we have to buy?" Haneul asked once again, not wanting the car ride to be awkward. 

Luhan narrowed his eyes, "Hmm, let's just see what they have."

 

 

"Luhan! You took too much things! It's already enough for three months supply!" Haneul protested, seeing the carriage was full of snacks, chocolates, soft drinks, etc. "Look at these! Do you really need to buy this freaking small snacks?" Haneul asked, pointing at a bunch of small snacks. 

Luhan moved his head up and down, "Yes! If I buy two packs of every one of these, I'll get a toy! It's a stitch toy! It's really cute, like you!"

Haneul hid her blushing cheeks by turning her head to another side, "Fine, whatever. Let's just pay all these things." They went to the cashier and he paid for all the things. Luhan received the stitch doll and smiled from ear to ear, he kept hugging the doll while also carrying the things they bought. They reached the car and Luhan stuffed the supplies on the backseat, he, then sat on the driver seat. Haneul was sitting quietly on the passanger seat, looking out of the car from the window like some models on music videos she had watched.

"Haneul-ah," Luhan's voice called out her name. She turned her body to see the stitch doll right in front of her face. "What?" she asked, raising her eyerbrow. 

Luhan gave her the stitch doll.

"This is for you."