Episode 13

It's Cold

 

 
 
 
 
Your first concert ended successfully after spending hours of performing, talking/interviewing, and doing some fan service. You felt so great, *so this is the feeling of fulfilling your dream* you smiled widely while looking at all the people who attended the concert. 
 
"Cheongmal Kamsamnida!" Lay shouted and all of you bowed 90 degrees, then waved your hands while leaving the stage. Your feet grown heavy as you walked out. You didn't want to leave yet.
 
Someone threw an arm on your shoulder. It was Chanyeol smiling at you. "Min, you did a good job today! This wouldn't happen if you weren't here with us. Gomawo~" he said sincerely then gave you a hug. But a guy walked in the middle causing you to broke the hug so you turned to see who was it...
 
*Kai*
 
"Don't you see that there's people here!?" you complained and glared at him but he just shrugged his shoulders "Not my fault you're blocking the way". But it was obvious that there's enough space for him to pass by.
 
"Don't mind him, he's just jealous" Chanyeol said waving his hands. You tilted your head in confusion *Jealous?*
 
__________________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 
"You are all invited at the party" you announced without emotions in your face as you handed them the invitations. This Sunday you will celebrate your 18th birthday. You originally don't want to do anything big on your birthday but your sister already organized all, from invitations, foods, location where you'll celebrate it, to your gowns. She personally design all the gowns that you will wear so couldn't cancel the party.
 
"Party?" Baekhyun and Chanyeol chorused together as they open the invitation.
 
"What party?" Lay asked, he was having a hard time opening the card.
 
"Children's party, maybe..." Kai interrupted biting his lips to avoid smirking. You was standing right beside him so it was easy for you to punch him on his arm. "Aww" he cried, "I was wrong...it's a party for strong people". You rolled your eyes and decided not to pay attention on Kai.
 
"It's my 18th birthday and my sister told me to invite you" you explained while adjusting your hat.
 
"So you're saying is... you don't want us to be there?" Lay looked at you with his brows frowning.
 
"A-ani!" You waved your hands desperately hoping that he won't misunderstand what you just said. "Well, I don't want to celebrate my birthday from the very beginning because the last time I did..."
 
Flashback played on your mind.
 
"Saeng-il chukahamnida, saeng-il chukahamnida, saranghaneun Kim Min Ah, saeng-il chukahamnida..." Your parents, your sister, Sungjae and some friends of your parents sang a happy birthday song for you.
 
"Make a wish then blow the candles" your mother said smiling sweetly at you.
 
*I want my parents to be proud of me someday. I want to be a daughter who's good at something so they can tell all the people that they're lucky to have me because that is what I'm feeling right now, I'm so lucky to have them as my parents even though they aren't my biological parents, I love them and will always love them forever.* 
 
You blew all the 12 candles then turned to your mother. His face was so pale as sweat formed on her forehead.
 
"Omma, are you okay?" you asked her worriedly and walked to her to give her a hug. You embraced her, encircling your arms around her waist. You felt your mother was trembling as she was reaching to touch your face. Her hands were as cold as ice. You tilted your head to face her then saw tears falling on her eyes. She opened slowly to tell you something...
 
"I love you, my daughter... and I will... always" she said. Your mother collapsed while you're hugging her causing you to fell on the ground with her.
 
"Omma,omma! Wake up! Omma!" you cried as you were shaking her shoulders hoping that she will open her eyes.
 
Your sister Eunsoo was so shocked that she couldn't move her body while Sungjae was trying to calm you.
 
"What's happening here?" "Omo! Is she dead?" "Somebody call an ambulance!" you heard people talking behind you.
 
"Omma! DON'T LEAVE US!" You shouted. Your Father, who went inside the house to get your gift so after making a wish and blow the candles you can open the gift they prepared for you, heard you shouting so he made his way as he ran out of the house with a big box on his arm.
 
"Minah, my princess, why are you shouting?" You heard your father talking. People moved to the side so your father could see what's happening. After seeing you and your mother lying on the ground, his eyes opened widely. The box that he was carrying fell on the ground.
 
"Appa..." you looked at him as tears fall on your eyes. "She's cold..."
 
You watched your father as he placed a hand on his chest. He started to breathe with difficulties.
*How can I live without her?* your father thought. Tears escaped on his eyes as he tried to walk closer and closer...
 
"Eun..soo, Mi-..Minah..." he couldn't continue walking. Your father also fell on the ground. Your eyes widened.
 
"APPA!" Both you and Eunsoo shouted. She ran towards your father and hugged him tightly, "Appa... don't do this. It's not funny you know". Your father was the joker in the family so Eunsoo talked to him as if he was just joking by falling on the ground. Eunsoo knew it wasn't a joke, she just couldn't believe and accept what's happening on your family right now.
 
"The ambulance arrived" people shouted as they help you and Eunsoo to stand up so they can carry your parent inside the ambulance car.
 
 
 
 
Your mother died because she was on the last stage of cancer while your father died from a heart attack. 
 
End of the flashback.
 
 
"I lost my parents...on my birthday".
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My lovely readers,
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
EXO'S COMING BACK !
'XOXO'
 
tumblr_mmvidh9zTq1rqtfpio1_500.gif
 
AAAAAAAAAAAH~!!! Can't wait  >.<