Episode 10

It's Cold

 

 

 

"MINAH-YAAAH!" Eunsoo shouted. Her voice echoed inside the house. She dashed into your room and opened the door harshly.

 

------------------------------

An hour ago...

 

One of her co-worker went excitedly to her office and handded her a magazine.

"Look! look at this guy, we should contract him as a model. He has pontential and his charisma is no joke....And I think all your designs will fit him perfectly.What do you think?" she asked your sister with a chuckle as her brows went up and down.

Eunsoo stared at the picture and studied the body of the guy while her co-worker the TV and switched the channel to SBS INKIGAYO. "What's his name?" Eunsoo asked still looking at the magazine.

"Kris" she replied and tilted her head in confusion while watching the TV. She furrowed her brows and called your sister. "Eunsoo~" but she didn't reply, she was so concentrated in this guy. "Eunsoo-yah!" 

"Mwo!?" she finally looked up. "What do you want?" Eunsoo asked irritated.

"Look at that guy! he really looks like your sister" her co-worker stated as she pointed a boy with a red hat playing the drums.

Eunsoo's eyes widened as well as . Your sister was sure it was you because of your mole near your right eye. 

"What is she doing there!?"

"Playing drums probably" her co-worker replied making Eunsoo rolled her eyes.

She knows you became a spoiled brat who does everything she wants because of your step-parents as they gave you everything you wanted but they weren't here in this world anymore due to their illness.They died 5 years ago so your sister did all the responsibilities in the house and in your life. You didn't have any problems though with the livings as both of you inherited all the money your step-parents had.

-----------------------------

 

After crying for hours, you body felt so weak and your mind was floating in the air so it was easier for Sungjae as he managed to make you fall asleep. He covered you with a blanket and brushed your hair away from your face. The stains of your tears were visible. He kiss your forehead and stared at you for a while.

"I'm always here for you, don't forget that" he whispered. And with that, he went out of your room.

 

 

 

You were sleeping peacefully for almost an hour when you heard a loud noise. BANG! The door opened revealing your furious sister. You jolted awake as you sat down in an instant then rubbed slightly your puffy eyes. You looked at your sister with a blank face.

"How's the life of being a celebrity musician?" she asked with a scary tone. You were shocked by her question as your puffy eyes opened widely. Now you could see your sister clearly as she stood in front of you with her arms crossed.

"U--unnie, how di--did you know?" you stuttered feeling so nervous.

"Minah! are you stupid or something!? How can you join that band? You even pretended to be a boy? waaah..." she stared at you for a while, "I'm so speechless" she continued while shaking her head in disbelief.

 

Playing instruments in the only thing you're good at so you thought if you become popular, those people who always compare you to your sister will stop. You hate being compared to her. But people always do it.

Tears fell down automatically from your eyes as you remembered those moments when people say you're useless, lazy, and all the negative things.

 

"Deh unnie! I'm STUPID unlike you, your smart. I'm USELESS, your hard-working. Your good at all things and I know NOTHING!" you burst out from all the pain you hide for so many years. You heart was aching so you put a hand on your chest and massaged it slightly.

"Minah-yah..." her voice changed into a worried one.

"And don't worry, they already know that I'm a girl. I broke my own dreams and hurt so many people because of my foolishness" you said tears still flowing on your face. And with that you walked away and went out of your house.

 

 

You shivered after closing the main door of the house. You forgot to wear jacket before leaving. The winter season is coming, the season you hated the most. You hate cold weather and much more if it's snowing. You wanted to call Sungjae to pick you up but you also forgot your phone inside so you decided to stroll around the neighborhood.

 

While you were walking, you saw the park where you used to play with your step-parents as flashbacks played into your mind. Your mom pushing you will riding the swing, your dad helping you climb on the stairs of the slides then you will slide together.

You found yourself smiling softly and sweetly.

 

*If I can just return to the past...* you didn't notice your thinking aloud.

 

"But there's a future in front of you" a guy tapped your shoulder making you turn your head to face him.

"Ilhoon hyung!" you smiled to him but suddenly frown when you saw him eating ice cream with this weather. "Ice cream... really!?" 

He just chuckled and handed you his ice cream. You tilted your head in confusion but then you saw him taking off his jacket. He noticed that you're wearing thin clothes.

"Put it on" he ordered but you shook your head and said that you're okay but the wind blew making you shiver in front of him. "Yeah yeah...just wear it" he said rolling his eyes then took the ice cream on your hand. You obeyed him then both of you started to walk. 

 

 

"Looks like you're having a big problem...Well, whatever it is always remember 'every problem has a solution' dude" he stated trying to cheer you up.

You took a deep breath,"I don't think so..." you said then looked up at the sky then sigh. "Why do I have to be born like a girl?"

"Minah-yah, there's a reason for everything..." his voice were so serious but you chuckled when you looked at him still eating deliciously his chocolate flavored ice cream.

"Well, then what's the reason?" you asked turning your head and look forward.

"Only you can know the answer to your question..." he replied, you were about to say something when he talked again "Ohh! I already finished it?" he questioned himself feeling a bit disappointed as he pouted his lips cutely.

 

"You want more!?" you asked him in disbelief but he just nodded his head like child.

"Kaja!(Let's go)" he went at your back then push you so you could walk faster.

"Odi?(where)" 

"To buy another ice cream!" he shouted excitedly.