The Strange Land

Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe

[the next day...]

Luxi's POV:

"Gas-tro-vascular," Sena pronounced a Latin word from the dictionary. I stared out of the window at the rain drops.

"Come on, Kris. Gastrovascular," she called again. Kris sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Is it Latin?" he asked her. "Yes," she smirked.

"Is it Latin for 'worst game ever invented'?" Tao teased, the boys smiled. Sena grunted in frustration and slammed the book shut. I walked to Kris.

"We can play hide-and-seek," I suggested. Kris smiled. "But we already have so much fun," he said, Sena rolled her eyes.

"Come on, Kris. Please! Buing buing!" I did aegyo to him. Kris sighed and smiled, looking at me.

"One, two, three, four..." he counted. I smirked at him. "What?" Tao asked in disbelief. Sena sighed and ran out of the room. (A/N: Audio: Oh, Johnny! Oh, Johnny! Oh! by Andrew Sisters, play here)

I ran downstairs, searching for a room to hide in. Sena already hid in a chest. I ran to a chamber, suddenly Tao pushed me out of it.

"I was here first!" he argued. I grunted in frustration and left him. I ran to the second floor, two doors in front of me. I opened one, locked. I opened the second, it opened and I got in. I suddenly had a weird feeling about this room. (stop music here)

It was a spare room, with a furniture covered by a piece of clothing. I heard some buzzing, I turned to see a fly land on the window. I furrowed my eyebrows.

Hmm... What is this thing?

I walked forward and pulled the cloth, uncovering it. I smiled, seeing a wooden wardrobe with beautiful carvings on the doors.

I examined the carvings. They were pretty mysterious.

"75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80..." I heard Kris' voice, still counting to 100. I smiled and opened the door, hiding myself in it. I slowly moved back, the coats passing by my body.

I suddenly touched something a little sharp. I gasped. I slowly turned around. I widened my eyes to what I saw.

A snowy forest, snowflakes floating in the air. I gasped, smiled and walked in it. I touched a snowflake to make sure I wasn't dreaming. And girl, it was real.

I reached the middle of an open space, a lamp post standing in the middle of it.

I circled it, confused.

Why would a lamp post be in such a forest?

Suddenly, I heard footsteps around me. I gasped, looking where it came from. I tunred around, seeing a strange creature.

"AAHHH!!!" I shrieked in fright.

"AAHHH!!!" it shrieked back. I hid behind the lamp post, it hid behind a tree. I noticed he wasn't harmful, so I slowly approached it, picking up the things he dropped. He stared at me, confused.

"U-Uh... T-That..." he stuttered. I handed him the mail package. "Were you hiding from me?" I asked him. He narrowed his eyes at me.

"N-No. I... I didn't mean to scare you," he stuttered. I noticed he was half body of human, half body of a goat.

"If you don't mind me asking, what are you?" I asked him, taking one step back.

"Well, I'm... I'm a faun. And what about you? You must be some... beardless dwarf?" he asked me. I gagged.

"I'm not a dwarf! I'm a girl!" I told him. He widened his eyes. "And actually, I'm tallest in my class," I picked up another package for him.

"You're saying... that you're Daughter of Eve?" he asked me. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Well, my mother's name is--"

"Yes, but you are... in fact... human."

"Yes. Of course."

He looked around. "What are you doing here?" he asked me. "Well, I was hiding in a wardrobe in a spare room--"

"Wait. Spare Oom? Is that Narnia?" he asked. Okay, this guy is really weird.

"Narnia? What's that?"

"Well, dear girl, you're in it! Everything from this lamp post, all the way to Castle Cair Paravel on the Eastern Ocean. Every stick and stone you see, every icicle... is Narnia," he explained, pointing to a view on the east.

"This... is an awfully big wardrobe," I muttered.

"War Drobe? Oh, I'm sorry. Allow me to introduce myself. My name... is Tumnus," he introduced himself, smiling. "Pleased to meet you, Mr. Tumnus! I'm Wu Lu Xi," I extended my hand out. He furrowed his eyes, confused.

"Oh, you shake it," I told him.

"Why?"

"I... I don't know. People do it when they meet each other," I told him. He awkwardly took my hand and shook it. He chuckled.

"Well, then, Wu Lu Xi from the shining city of War Drobe in the wondrous land of Spare Oom, how would it be... if you come to have tea with me?" he offered.

"Well, thank you very much. But I really should be going back now," I turned, but he stopped me. "Just a few minutes, please. There's gonna be tea, and cake. And perhaps, we could even break into the sardines," he told me. On the word 'sardines', my facial expression brightened.

"I suppose I could come, for a while, if you have... sardines," I giggled and took his hand. He smiled and chuckled. "By the bucketload."