Chases and Presents

Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe

Kris' POV:

We walked and walked the whole day. We stopped for a while at the rock bridge, taking a view of the river.

"Now, Aslan's Camp is near the Stone Table, just across the river," Mr. Beaver explained, pointing to the frozen river. "Don't worry, the river's been frozen solid for a hundred years," Mrs. Beaver relieved us.

"It's just... seemed so far," I commented. "It's the world, dear. Do you expect it to be small?" Mrs. Beaver asked. Sena smirked. "Smaller," she said. I rolled my eyes and continued walking.

- - -

Tao's POV:

The dwarf dragged me to the hall of statues, I stopped when I saw something. I widened my eyes and gasped. It was a statue of Mr. Tumnus.

"Whenever you're ready, Son of Adam," the Witch called me. The dwarf pushed me onto the carriage. We started to ride on the snow, looking for my siblings. The Witch would sometimes glare at me.

- - -

Kris' POV:

We walked by the field. Beaver would tell us to hurry up every now and then.

"Come on, humans! While we're still young!" he told us. Sena sighed and looked at me.

"If he tells us to hurry one more time, I'm gonna turn him into a big fluffy hat!" I commented, wrapping Luxi's arm around my shoulder, hoisting her.

"Hurry up! Come on!" Beaver shouted. "He IS getting a little bossy," Luxi commented. Mrs. Beaver turned around and gasped.

"No! Behind you! It's her!" she shouted. We turned and saw a carriage in the distance. We ran for our lives. We got into the forest and hid in a small cave. A figure's shadow appeared in the roof. We gasped silently, the shadow moved back.

"Maybe she's gone," Luxi whispered. "Maybe I should go check--," I suggested. "No, Kris. You're no good to Narnia dead," Beaver stopped me. "Neither are you, Beaver," his wife said. He smiled and nodded. He got up to the higher ground. Half a minute passed, he came back, surprising us. Luxi screamed in shock.

"Come up! Come up! I hope you've all been good, cause there's someone here to see you!" he told us, smiling. We furrowed our eyebrows and came out, walking to the higher ground. An old man was standing near the carriage, he chuckled. Luxi smiled.

Father Christmas.

"Merry Christmas, sir," she said. He nodded. "It certainly is, Luxi, since you've arrived," he said. "Okay, I've gone through a lot since I got here, but this--" Sena commented, looking at me. "We thought you were the Witch," I quickly apologized. "Yes, I'm sorry about that. In my defense, I've been riding one of these far longer than the Witch," he told us. Sena furrowed her eyebrows and took a step forward.

"I thought there was no Christmas in Narnia," she said. He shook his head. "No. For a long time. But the hope that you brought, Your Majesties... is finally starting to weaken the Witch's power," he explained. The Beavers hugged. He smirked.

"Still, I can say you could do with these," he said as he pulled a huge sack of things and threw it on the ground. Luxi smiled, he chuckled.

"Presents!" she ran and kneeled. Father Christmas pulled out a cordial of liquid and a small dagger.

   

"Juice of the fire flower. One drop... could cure any injury," he explained and handed the cordial to her. "And though I hope you will never have to use this," he handed her the dagger. She smiled. " 谢谢你 (= thank you). I think I could be brave enough," she thanked him. He smiled at her. "I'm sure you could. But battles are... ugly affairs," he told her. Luxi nodded and stepped back. He pulled out a bow and arrows. He turned to Sena.

"Sena?" he called. She stepped forward. "Trust in this bow, and it won't easily miss," he told her, handing her the bow and arrow.

Sena furrowed her eyebrows. "What happened to 'battles are ugly affairs'?" she asked. He chuckled a little. "When you do seem to have a problem making yourself heard, blow on this," he handed her an ivory horn with the mouth in a shape of a lion's,

"and wherever you are, help will come." She smiled, nodded and stepped back. He turned to me.

"Kris?" I stepped forward. "Time to use these, maybe soon at hand," he handed me a sword and a shield.

I pulled it out, a beautiful clean sword is seen in our eyes. I smiled a little. "Thank you, sir," I thanked him, examining the sword. "These are tools, not toys. Bare them well and wisely," he told us, I put the sword back in. "Now, I must be off. Winter is almost over, and things do pile up when you've gone for a hundred years," he said, putting the sack back in the carriage. He smiled at us. "Long live Aslan! And Merry Christmas!" he said, riding off on the snow. We smiled and waved to him. Luxi glared at me playfully.

"Told you he was real," she teased. I furrowed my eyebrows. "He said 'winter... is almost over'. You know what that means!" I told them. They glared at me, confused.

"No more ice," I told them.