Stone Table

Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe

Luxi's POV:

We ran to the camp, a throne carried by 4 ugly creatures walked in.

"Jadis, Queen of Narnia! Empress of the Lone Islands!" a dwarf, Ginnarbrik shouted. The Narnians booed at her. They arrived in front of Aslan. The Witch stood up and glared at Tao for a while.

"You have a traitor in your midst, Aslan," she told Aslan. The crowd gasped and mumured. We looked at Tao. He looked down and stepped back.

"His offence was not against you," Aslan fired back. The Witch furrowed her eyebrows and scoffed.

"Have you forgotten the rules upon which Narnia was built--?" she asked. "Do not cite the Deep Magic to me, Witch!" Aslan snarled. I gasped, for he wasn't the cute lion I knew anymore. "I was there when it was written," he growled. The Witch smirked.

"Then you remember well that... every traitor belongs to me," she reminded. "His blood is my property," she said. Kris tightened his fist.

"Try to take him, then!" he threatened, drawing his sword. The minotaur beside the Witch growled. She smirked at Kris.

"Do you think that simple threat will deny my right,..." she asked. Kris moved back a little. "... little king?" she teased. Kris put his sword back.

"Aslan knows that unless I have blood as the law demands, all of Narnia... will be overturned and perished in fire and water," she told us. We gasped, she pointed to Tao.

"That boy... will die... on the Stone Table," she declared, Tao stepped back, "as in tradition," she finished, turning to Aslan.

"You dare not to refuse me," she threatened. Aslan furrowed his eyebrows.

"Enough!" he ordered. "I shall talk with you alone," he said, going in his tent. The Witch followed him.

- - -

[15 minutes later]

I played with some grass, worrying about their decision. Why does gege have to die?

We were all worried, especially Tao. Then, the whole crowd stood up, seeing the Witch coming out of Aslan's tent. She returned to her escorts, Aslan came out and looked at me. He furrowed his eyebrows and turned to the crowd. Our heartbeats doubled, waiting for the results.

"She has denounced her claim on Son of Adam's blood," he said. We cheered and hugged Tao.

"How will I know your promise will be kept?" the Witch asked. Aslan roared wildly and the Witch slumped down on her seat. The other Narnians mocked at her. 

Sena patted Tao's shoulder and Kris ruffled his hair. I turned to Aslan, he was looking down, frowning. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. He looked at me for a while, then went back to his tent. I shook my head once and went back to the others.

----------------------------------------------------------

[later, that night]

I couldn't sleep the whole night. I tossed and my bed, I suddenly saw a lion shadow outside the tent.

"Sena!" I whispered. "Hmm?" she mumbled with an opened eye. She saw the shadow and got out of her bed. I picked up my dagger and cordial, Sena her bow, quiver, and horn.

We got out of the tent, seeing Aslan walking towards the woods. We quietly followed behind. Once we were close enough, we hid behind a tree. Aslan stopped in his spot. He sighed, looking down.

"Shouldn't you both be in bed?" he asked us. We sighed and got out from our hiding place.

"We can't sleep," I told him. "Please, Aslan, couldn't we come with you?" Sena offered. He turned his head. "I would be glad in the company for a while," he said. We moved beside him. "Thank you," he said, closing his eyes.

I moved my hand forward and touched his mane, it as we walk further. After we've been far enough from the spot, Aslan stopped.

"It's time. From here, I must go alone," he told us. Sena furrowed her eyebrows. "But, Aslan--" she protested. "You have to trust me, for this must be done," he forced. "Thank you, Sena. Thank you, Luxi, and farewell," he thanked us as he walked further. Sena patted my shoulder, motioning me to follow her. I nodded and followed.

As I thought, Sena followed Aslan, but in further distance and the opposite direction this time. We hid behind a bush, seeing torches lit with fire on the Stone Table. We looked at each other, then turned back. We saw Aslan walking towards the creatures, the Witch's army. Odd, he didn't even fight. He stopped, almost at the Table. The Witch walked up and stood on the Table, holding a dagger in her hand.

"Behold, The Great Lion," she teased. The creatures laughed and wolves howled. The minotaur before moved beside Aslan and poked his stomach. He growled softly. I furrowed my eyebrows. 

Aslan, what are you doing?

The minotaur looked at the Witch, she nodded. He pushed Aslan fiercely, he stumbled on the ground. We gasped in horror. He didn't move, though.

"Why didn't he fight back?" I asked to Sena. She furrowed her eyebrows and stared forward.

"Bind him!" the Witch ordered. The dwarves and the trolls wrapped him in ropes, firmly. "Wait," the Witch said. "Let him first... be shaved," she ordered. Ginnarbrik pulled his dagger out and laughed, cutting Aslan's mane. He raised it in victory, the others joined in. We stared in horror as Aslan was tid and had his hair cut eternally.

"Bring him to me!" she ordered. The hags and the minotaurs pulled the rope, dragging the lion in front of the Witch. She kneeled down and him. She raised her hand, motioning for silence.

"You know, Aslan? I'm a little disappointed in you. You honestly think that by doing this, you would save that human traitor?" she teased and scoffed. "You're giving me your life,... and saving no one. Heh. So much for love," she said as she stood up.

"Tonight, the Deep Magic will be appeased!" she shouted, the crowd cheered. "But tomorrow, we will take Narnia... forever!!" she shouted, the crowd cheered even louder, she smirked. "In that knowledge,..." she raised her dagger, Sena and I looked at each other, then back to them. Our heartbeats doubled.

"...despair...."

 

 

 

"and... die!!!!!" she stabbed the dagger into his chest. He winced in pain, I gasped and widened my eyes. Aslan slowly closed his eyes. I sobbed into Sena's chest.

"The Big Cat... is dead!!!" the Witch shouted, the crowd cheered and shouted. "General, prepare your troops for battle!" she ordered the minotaur. "However short it will be," she whispered. They left the Stone Table.