The Professor's Advice

Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe

Luxi's POV:

I ran into Kris's room and the lights. "KRIS GE! KRIS GE! WAKE UP! IT'S THERE, IT'S REALLY THERE!!" I jumped like a little kid, trying to wake him up. Kris sighed.

"Shh! What are you talking about, Luxi?" he asked with an eye opened. "Narnia! It's all in the wardrobe, like I told you!" I shouted.

"You must've been dreaming, Luxi," Sena told me and grabbed my shoulder. "But I haven't! I saw Mr. Tumnus again! This time, Tao ge went too!" I shouted, all of us staring at Tao who was sitting at the couch. Kris sat up.

"You... You saw the faun?" he asked. Tao shook his head. "Well, he didn't actually go there with me," I told them. Wait, what was he doing in Narnia?

"He... What were you doing, gege?" I asked him, furrowing my eyebrows. "I was... j-just playing along. Sorry, Kris ge," he lied. "I shouldn't have encouraged her. You know what little children are like these days. Just don't know when to stop pretending," he teased. A tear rolled from my eye as I stormed out of the room. Sena and Kris followed me, pushing Tao on the couch.

"Yah!" he shouted. I ran to the hallway as I bumped into someone. I hugged him, not knowing who he was.

"You children are one shenanigan shy of sleeping in the stable--" Mrs. Macready protested.

"P-Professor! I'm sorry. I told them, you were not to be disturbed," she apologized. So this man here is Professor Soo Man!?

"That's alright, Mrs. Macready. I'm sure there's an explanation," he smiled at me. "First, I think this one needs a bit of hot chocolate," he motioned me to follow Mrs. Macready. "Come along, dear."

 

Sena's POV:

Professor Soo Man. We're doomed.

"Come along, dear," Mrs. Macready led Luxi to the dining room. Kris and I were about to escape, the Professor cleared his throat.

- - -

[at Professor's room]

Professor took out some bark and put it in his pipe. "I see you have upset the delicate internal balance of my housekeeper," he told us.

"I'm sorry, sir. It won't happen again," Kris immediately apologized ang dragged me out of the room, I held back. "It's our sister, sir, Luxi," I explained.

"The weeping girl?"

"Yes, sir. She's upset."

"Hence the weeping."

"I-It's nothing. W-We can handle it," Kris reassured him. "Well, I can see that," Professor teased. I sighed.

"She think she's found a magical land," I explained, the professor raised his eyebrow, "in the upstairs' wardrobe."

The Professor furrowed his eyebrows. "What did you say?" he sat up from his seat and we sat on the couch. "The wardrobe... upstairs. Luxi thinks she's found a forest inside," Kris explained.

"She won't stop going on about it," I told him. "What was it like?" Professor asked.

"Like talking to a lunatic!" I answered in disgust. The Professor shook his head. "No, no, no. Not her, the forest," he said. Kris and I looked at each other surprised.

"You... You're not saying you... believe her?" Kris asked in disbelief. The Professor furrowed his eyebrows. "You don't?" he asked. I shook my head. "Of course not! I mean, logically, it's impossible," I flinched.

"What did they teach kids in schools these days?" he asked us. "Well, Tao said they were only pretending," Kris looked down. "And he's the more truthful one, is he?" the Professor asked. "Well, this... would be the first time," Kris sighed.

"Well then if she's not mad and she's not lying, then LOGICALLY," I rolled my eyes when he said 'logically', repeating my words, "you must assume she's telling the truth," the Professor advised.

"You're saying that... we should just believe her?" Kris asked. Professor put some fire in his pipe and smoked. "She's your sister, isn't she? You're her family. You might just try acting like one," he told us, smiling.