Prophecy

Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe

Kris' POV:

"Come on. We don't wanna be caught here after nightfall," the beaver told us.

We followed the beaver. We arriver in front of a dam.

"There it is! Home sweet home!" he remarked, pointing to the dam. "It's pretty nice," Luxi commented. "Heh. Merely a triffle, still got a lot to work on," he scoffed.

"Beaver? Is that you? I've been worried sick!" a female voice said. "If I find you out being with Badger again, I'll--" she stopped when she saw us. She was Mr. Beaver's wife. She clamped her paw on .

"Those aren't Badgers. Oh, I'd never thought I'd live to see this day!" she exclaimed. We smiled at her. "Look at my fur. You could've given me 10 minutes warning?" she glared at her husband. "I'd give you a whole week, if you must," he teased. We giggled at his words.

"Come inside! I'll see if we can get you some food, and some civilized company," she went into the house. Her husband chuckled. "Watch your step, now," he said. We got into the dam. Tao stared at the mountains again.

"Enjoying the scenery, are we?" Beaver asked. He shook his head and came in.

- - -

"Isn't there anything we can do to help Tumnus?" I asked. We sat on the dining room. "Well, he's headed to the Witch's house. You know what they say, a few got into the gates, but never came out again," he explained.

"Fish and chips, dear," Mrs. Beaver brought a tray of food. Luxi stared sadly at it, Mr. Beaver took a drink from his cup. "But, there's hope, dear. There's still hope," she said. Suddenly, Mr. Beaver spat out the drink. "Well, there's gonna be a lot more than hope!" he shouted. He moved closer and his voice dropped into a whisper.

"Aslan is on the move," he said. We smiled at him. Tao furrowed his eyebrows. "Who's Aslan?" he asked. Mr. Beaver gagged at his question. "Who's Aslan!? You cheeky little blighter," he scoffed. Mrs. Beaver shrugged his shoulder. "What?" he asked. He noticed we were staring at him confused. "You don't know, do you?"

"Well, we haven't actually been here very long," I told him. "Well, he's actually the only king of the whole wood. The top geezer. The real King of Narnia," he explained. "He's been away for a long time," Mrs. Beaver said, "but he just got back! And he's waiting for you at the Stone Table!" her husband cut her.

"He's waiting for us?" Luxi asked in disbelief. "You're bloomy joking! They don't even know about The Prophecy!" he protested. "Well, then?" his wife scoffed.

"Look. Aslan's return, Tumnus' arrest, the Secret Police... it's all happening because of you!" he explained. "You're... blaming us?" Sena asked. "No! Not blaming, thanking you!" Mrs. Beaver told us.

"There is a Prophecy..."

"When Adam's flesh and Adam's bone

sits in Cair Paravel in throne,

evil time will be over and done."

 

"Well, that doesn't really rhyme," Sena protested. "No. You're kinda missing the point!" Mr. Beaver told us. "It has long been foretold that two Sons of Adam and two Daughters of Eve, will defeat the White Witch, and restore peace to Narnia," Mrs. Beaver explained. Sena and I looked at each other.

"And do you think we're the ones?" I asked. "Well, you better be, cause Aslan already out there preparing your army!" Mr. Beaver jolted up from his seat. "Our army?" Luxi asked in disbelief.

"The orphanage sent us away so we wouldn't get caught up in a war," Sena reminded me. "I think you're mistaken. But, we're not heroes," I apologized. "We're from China!" Sena finished for me, standing up.

"Thank you for your hospitality. But we really should be going!" Sena told them. "But you can't just leave!" Mr. Beaver pleaded. "He's right! We have to help Mr. Tumnus," Luxi pleaded. I sighed. "It's out of our hands, mei mei. I'm sorry, but I think it's time for the four of us to go home. Tao?" I called him. He was nowhere to be found.

"T-Tao?" I called him. That kid...

"I'm gonna kill him," I mumbled. "You may not have to," Mr. Beaver told me. "Has Tao ever been into Narnia before?" he asked. We widened our eyes.


so, where did you think Tao was going?