Lullabies and Imaginations

Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe

We finally made it to his house, which looked a bit like a cave, but it still had a door on it.

"Well, here we are. Come on," he said. I walked to the door and helped him with the packages. I put them on the table, I saw a portrait of a faun.

"Now that... is my father," he told me. "He has a nice face. He looks a lot like you, I think."

He froze in his spot. "No. We're not alike at all, really," he mumbled. I sighed. "My Baba left us to fight in a war," I looked down.

"My father fought in a war too," he smiled. "But that's a long time ago. Before this horrible Winter," he said. I scrolled through the bookshelves.

"Winter's not all bad. There's ice skating, snowball fights... Oh! And Christmas!" I told him. He walked, bringing a tray of tea and toast, putting them on the table.

"Not here. We haven't had Christmas for a hundred years," he told me. I widened my eyes. "What!? No presents for a hundred years?" I asked him, sitting down.

"Always Winter, never Christmas. But you would've loved Narnia in the summer. We fauns danced with the dryads all day. We never got tired. And music, oh, such music!" he said, pouring tea into my cup.

"Would you... like to hear some now?" he offered. I smiled. "Yes, please."

He took out a box, within is a strange flute that shaped like a 'Y'.

"Now, are you familiar to any Narnian Lullabies," he asked. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Sorry, but no," I told him. "Oh, that's good, then. Cause this...probably won't even sound like one." He cleared his throat before playing. (play here to hear)

I watched the fire in the fireplace. It suddenly made a figure of a horse running. I gasped and looked at Tumnus. He nodded and continued playing.

I watched the fire making all sorts of figures, fauns, dryads, everything. I suddenly felt sleepy. I didn't notice that Tumnus was staring at me. I fell asleep and dropped my cup, crashing on the floor.

Tumnus stared at the fire for a while. It suddenly made a huge figure of a lion roaring. Tumnus pulled back, seeing me asleep.

- - -

I woke up, seeing that it's already night. "I should go," I whispered to myself.

"It's too late for that now. I'm such a terrible faun," Tumnus said, lying on the floor like a scared kid. "What? You're absolutely not. You'e the nicest faun I've ever met!" I took out my handkerchief and handed it to him.

"Then I'm afraid you have a very poor sampling. It's not something I HAVE done, Wu Lu Xi. It's something I AM doing," he told me. "What are you doing?" I asked him. He glared at me.

"I'm kidnapping you."

I gasped. "It was the White Witch. She's the one who always made it Winter, always cold. Sh gave orders. She said if w ever come across a human wandering in the forest, we're supposed to turn it over to her," he explained.

"But, Mr. Tumnus... you wouldn't. I thought... you were my friend"

He stared at me and dragged me back to the lamp post. "She may already found out you're here! The woods are full of her spies! Even some of the trees are on her side!" he told me. I looked at the trees in confusion.

"Can you find your way back from here?" he asked me. "I-I think so," I answered. "Okay. No matter what happens, Wu Lu XI, I am glad to have met you," he told me.

"Will you be alright?" I asked him. He chuckled. "Hey, hey," I comforted him. He gave me back the handkerchief, I shook my head. "Keep it. You need it more than I do," I told him. He smiled at me.

"Now, go. Go!" he pushed me. I ran to back to the wardrobe.

- - -

"97, 98, 99, 100! Ready or not, here I come!" Kris voice was heard. I ran out of the room. "It's alright! I'm fine!" I shouted.

"Shut up! He's coming!" Tao hissed beside me. Just then, Kris spot us. Tao sighed.

"You know, I'm not sure you two have quite gotten the idea of this game," he told us. "Why weren't you looking for me?" I asked them, furrowing my eyebrows.

"That's the point! That's why he was 'seeking' you!" Tao flinched. Sena appeared behind.

"Does this mean I win?" she asked. "I don't think Luxi wants to play anymore," Kris glared at me. "But, I've been... gone for... hours," I told them. They furrowed their eyebrows.

- - -

"The only wood here is the back of the wardrobe," Sena said after checking the wardrobe. "One game at a time, Lu. We don't have time for all your imagination," Kris told me, the three walkde out of the room.

"But I wasn't imagining!" I flinched. Sena glared at me. "That's enough, Luxi!"

"I wouldn't lie about this!" I hissed. "Well, I believe you," Tao said. I furrowed my eyebrows. "You do?"

"Yeah, of course! Didn't I tell you about the football field in the bathroom cupboard?" he teased. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Oh, will you just stop it? You just have to make everything worse!" Kris scolded. "It was just a joke!" Tao flinched. "When are you gonna learn to grow up?" Kris glared at him.

"SHUT UP! YOU THINK YOU'RE DAD, BUT YOU'RE NOT!!" Tao fired at the oldest and stormed out of the room. Sena glared at Kris.

"Well that was nicely handled," she teased and walked out.

"But... it really was there," I protested.

"Sena's right, Luxi. That's enough," Kris told me, walking out.