Reunion

Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe

Author's POV:

In the Witch's headquarters, trolls, minotaurs, and other creatures worked on their weapons. The White Witch and her second-in-command minotaur, Otmin, were discusing on their battle strategy. Suddenly, sounds of gallopings and running footsteps were heard, sending the whole forest into a chaos. In that moment, the Narnians that Aslan sent attacked. Orieus went to free Tao, they ran back to the camp.

"The prisoner!" Otmin remarked. They walked to the tree that Tao was at earlier. Instead of Tao, they saw Ginnarbrik tied up firmly in the tree. The Witch grabbed a dagger, raised it, and cut the rope. She was about to walk away when Ginnarbrik stopped her tracks.

"You're not going to kill me?" he asked. The Witch shook her head. "Not yet," she said, turning to Otmin. "We have work to do," she told him.

----------------------------------------------------------

[the next morning]

 

Kris' POV:

It was a day in the camp without Tao. I woke up in the morning, getting out of the tent. I saw Orieus walking outside, he glared at me. I furrowed my eyebrows, he looked up to a hill. I turned and saw Aslan talking to Tao. Orieus walked away, Sena and Luxi appeared behind.

"Tao ge!" Luxi shouted and ran to him, but I held her back. They saw us and I stared at them. Aslan nodded at Tao and they walked down towards us. Aslan stared at me for a while, smiling a little. I smiled back to him, signaling a 'thanks'. We glared at Tao.

"What's done is done. There is no need to speak to Tao about what has passed," Aslan told us and walked away. I saw that his lip bled a little. He smiled at us.

"你好 (=hello)," he mumbled. Luxi ran and hugged him. Tao smiled and hugged her back. Sena patted his shoulder. "You alright?" she asked. "A little tired," he answered. "Get some sleep," I told him. Tao's smile turned into a frown as he walked pass me. The girls glared at me.

"Oh, and Tao?" I called him. He turned to me, I smiled. "Try not to wander off again," I told him. He smirked and nodded.

- - -

We had breakfast, Tao was happily eating the toast. I leaned on the rock wall, holding a cup in my hand. Luxi smiled at him.

"Narnia's not going to run out of toast, gege," Luxi teased. Tao smiled and looked down. "Then make sure to pack some on the journey back," I told them rather firmly. Sena furrowed her eyebrows.

"We're leaving?" she asked. I walked and sat with them. "You three are. I promised mistress I'd keep you three safe. There's no reason I can't stay behind and help," I told them.

"But, they need us. All four of us," Luxi protested, I sighed. "Mei mei, it's too dangerous. You almost drowned, Tao was almost killed!" I argued.

"Which is why we have to stay," Tao muttered. We all looked at him, confused. "I saw what the White Witch can do, and I helped her do it," he told us. We gasped. "We can't leave these people behind and suffer for it," he said rather wisely. Luxi smiled at him. Sena looked around.

"Well I suppose that's it, then," she said, standing up. "你 要 去 哪里 (= where are you going)?" I asked her. She smirked and picked up her weapon.

"To get in some practice," she told us, smiling. Luxi stood up and followed her.

- - -

Luxi's POV:

Sena put her arrows in the bow, pulled the string, aiming it on the target, and released it. It landed near the red zone, I smiled at her. She raised her eyebrow in satisfaction.

I smirked and pulled out my dagger. I aimed and threw it. It hit right on the centre of the red zone. I jumped in delight.

"Bullseye!" I shouted. Sena giggled at my reaction.

"Come on, gege!" we heard someone shouted.

"快! 快! (= faster!)"

Just then, we heard galloping footsteps running towards our field. We turned to see Kris on a white unicorn and Tao on a brown horse, each of them have a sword.

[ignore the person]

Kris had his hair a bit styled.

Gosh. Since when does a crown king need to do that?

I realized Tao had his hair styled too.

So much for appearance.

"Come on, Tao! Sword point up, like Orieus showed us!" Kris shouted.They drew their swords. "En gard!" Tao teased.

"Now strike!" Kris ordered and they fought, circling each other. Kris' sword was stronger and longer, since it was chosen from Aslan as a gift, so he had the advantage. He twisted his sword on Tao's, cheating a bit. Tao pulled away.

"Yah!" Tao protested. Kris smirked in satisfaction.

Just then, Beaver ran to them. "Kris! Tao!" he shouted, he stopped in front of Tao's horse, sending it neighing in shock and standing on its rear legs.

"Whoa, horsie!" Tao shouted like a little kid. The horse landed and glared at Tao. "My name is Phillip," he protested. Tao smiled. "Oh. 对不起 (= I'm sorry)," he apologized.

"The Witch has demanded a meeting with Aslan!" Beaver told them. We widened our eyes. "She's on her way here!" he said.