The Search

Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe

Author's POV:

Tao walked up a hill, running towards the Witch's castle. The others were far behind.

快点 (= hurry)!" Kris shouted. They stopped at the top of the hill, seeing Tao at the gate.

"Gege!!!" Luxi shouted. "Shh! They'll hear you!" Mr. Beaver told her. Kris launched himself forward, Beaver held him by his coat. "No!" he shouted.

"Get of me!" Kris hissed. "You're playing into her hands!" he told us. "We can't just let him go!" Sena flinched. "He's our brother!" Luxi argued. "He's the bait! The Witch wants all four of you!" Beaver told us. "Why?" Kris asked. "To stop The Prophecy from coming true; ..."

"... to kill you!" he finished. The Wu Siblings widened their eyes. They turned to the castle, Tao was already inside.

"This is all your fault!" Sena fired at Kris. "My fault!?" he argued. "None of this would've hppened if you just listened to me in the first place!" she hissed. "Oh, so you knew this would happen?" he teased. "I didn't know what will happen. WHICH IS WHY WE COULD'VE LEFT WHILE WE STILL COULD!" she fired.

"STOP IT!" Luxi shouted. They glared at her. "This isn't gonna help Tao ge," she told us. "She's right. Only Aslan can help your brother now," Beaver said. Kris sighed.

"Then, take us to him," he ordered and took one last look at the castle.

- - -

Tao's POV:

I walked inside the castle. I noticed there were statues all over the place. I walked to the main door, I tripped on something I thought was a statue. It was actually a wolf, it pounced and pinned me down.

"Be still, stranger! Or you'll never move again. Who are you?" the wolf threatened me. "I'm Huang Zi Tao! I met the Queen in the woods, she told me to come back here," I told him, he bared his teeth. "I'm a Son of Adam!" I told him. He let me go.

"Hmm... My apologies, fortunate favorite of the Queen. Or else, not so fortunate," he led me to the throne room. "This way," he said. We walked in a hall of ice, a huge throne placed on the end.

"Wait here," the wolf told me. As he left the hall, I admired the throne, I walked and sat on it. It wasn't really cold, because the Queen's coat was there. I admired it, smiling.

"Like it?" a female voice asked. I jumped out of my seat and saw the Queen. "Y-Yes, Your Majesty."

"Tell me. Are your sisters deaf?" she asked, I shook my head. "And your brother, is he... unintelligent?" she asked.

"Well, I think so, the mistress said--"

"THEN HOW DARE YOU COME ALONE!?" she fired at me. I moved back.

"I tried--!" I accused, but she was really mad now. "Tao, I asked so little of you," she told me. "They just won't listen!" I accused. "You couldn't even do it," she glared me with her icy eyes.

"Well, I did bring them half-way! They're at a house in the dam, with the beavers!" I told her. She glared at me.

"Well, I guess you're not a total loss, then," she said. "I wa wondering... can I have some more Turkish Delight now?" I asked, mumbling on the last part. She looked at the dwarf who was beside her. "Our guest is hungry," she said. The dwarf went to me. "This way... for your num-nums," he pulled his dagger and placed it in myback, pushing me to some place.

"Maugrim!" she called. I turned a while, the wolf I met earlier appeared. He was the one that wrote the letter?

"You know what to do," she said. He moved and howled. Soon, other wolves appeared on the side of the halls. I widened my eyes. Huang Zi Tao, what did you just do?

They ran outside the castle.

- - -

Kris' POV:

"Hurry, mama! They're after us!" Mr. Beaver said as we reached the dam. "Oh, right then," she walked around, as if sh was looking for something.

"What's she doing?" I asked. Mr. Beaver rolled his eyes. "You can thank me later. It's a long journey and Beaver gets pretty cranky when he's hungry," she said. Sena and Luxi helped her. "I'M CRANKY NOW!" Mr. Beaver flinched.

"Take them," I heard a voice from outside. I rushed and helped the girls. "Do you think we'll need jam?" Sena asked. "Only if the Witch serves toast," I teased. Crackings and rustlings were heard. They were ruining the house. We finished packing and Beaver showed us a passageway in a tunnel.

"Badger and I dug up this place, led right to his place," he said. "You said it led to your mom's," Mrs. Beaver protested. Luxi tripped on a root, Sena helped her. A howl was heard.

"They're in the tunnel," Luxi whispered. "Quick! This way!" Mr. Beaver ran. We followed him, ending up to a dead end. "You should've brought a map!" Mrs. Beaver protested. "There wasn't room next to the jam!" he flinched and climbed up. We followed him. Beaver and I helped to block the hole with a barrel.

"Ahh!" Luxi shouted. She tripped on some small statues. We looked around, more animal statues were seen. Beaver went tp a statue that looked like a badger. "I'm sorry, dear," Mrs. Beaver comforted him. "He was my best friend," he looked down.

"What happened here?" I asked. "This is what happens to those who cross the Witch," a voice answered. We turned to see a fox on the roof of a den. We gasped.

"You take one more step, traitor, and I'll chew you into splinters," Mr. Beaver threatened, his wife held him back. The fox smirked "Relax! I'm one of the good guys!" he jumped down from the roof. "Yeah? Well you look a lot awfully like one of the bad ones," Mr. Beaver hissed.

"An unfortunate family resemblance. We can argue about breeding later, right now we gotta move," he said. Barks and howls were heard, heading towards us. "What do you have in mind?" I asked him. He smirked.

- - -

The barrel broke and wolves ran out from the hole. They circled the fox. "Evening, gents. Lost something, have we?" he teased.

"Don't patronize me! I know where your allegiance lies. We're looking for some humans," the leader said. We weren't hiding on the ground. We were hiding in a tall tree. The fox chuckled.

"Humans? Here in Narnia? Now that's some valuable information, don't you think?" he teased. A wolf bit his back. Luxi almost screamed, I clamped my hand on . Mrs. Beaver held her husband who was launching himself.

"Your reward is your life. It's not much... but still. Where are the fugitives?" the leader threatened. The fox sighed. "North. They ran north," he sighed. "Smell them out," the wolves left and the fox collasped on the ground.

- - -

"We were helping Tumnus. The Witch got to him before we did," the fox explained. "Are you alright?" Luxi asked him. He chuckled. "I wish I could say their bark was worse than their bite--" he winced in pain.

"Stop squirming! You're worse than Beaver on bath day," Mrs. Beaver said, healing his wounds. We smiled at her comment. "Worse day of the year," Beaver muttered.

"Thank you for your kindness. I'm afraid that's all the cure I have time for," the fox said, standing up. Luxi furrowed her eyebrows. "You're leaving?" she asked. "It has been a pleasure, my Queen, and an honor," he said, bowing to Luxi. "But time is short, and Aslan HIMSELF has asked me to gather more troops," he finished. The Beavers widened their eyes.

"You've seen Aslan!? What's he like?" they asked. The fox smiled. "Like everything we've ever heard. He'll be on our side in battling against the Witch," he said. I looked down, Sena giggled. "But, we're not planning on fighting any witch," she told them.

"But, surely, King Wu Fan! The Prophecy!" he turned to me. "We can't go to war without you," Beaver said. I stared at the girls, and sighed. "We just want our brother back," I said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

[in the Witch's dungeon]

Tao's POV:

It was freezing cold in here. The dungeon food wasn't even baked, the water was frozen.

"If... you're not going to eat that..." a voice told me. I took the food and moved closer to him. "I'd get up, but my legs," he groaned. I handed him the food. He was a faun, familiar to what Luxi said.

"Mr. Tumnus," I said. "What's left of him," he said. He stared at me. "You're Wu Lu Xi's brother," he told me. I nodded. "My name is Tao," I introduced myself. "Yes. You have the same nose," he said. I looked away and scrunched my nose bridge.

"Is your sister alright? Is she safe?" he asked me. Clankings were heard. "I don't know," I apologized. The dungeon door slammed open.

"My police tore that dam apart. Your little family... are nowhere to be found," the Witch said. She took my collar and lifted me up. "Where are they?" she asked. "I don't know!" I answered. "Then you are no further use to me," she dropped my and lifted her wand.

"Wait! The Beavers said something about Aslan!" I stopped her. She lowered her wand. "Aslan? Where?" she asked. "I-I..."

"He's a stranger, here, Your Majesty. H-He can't be expected to know anything," Tumnus cut me. He got hit on the head. "I said, where is Aslan?" she asked again.

"I don't know. I left before they said anything. I wanted to see you!" I accused. She glared at me. "Guard!" she called. A weird creature came in.

"Your Majesty?"

"Release the faun," she ordered. He dragged Tumnus and unchained him. He threw the faun in front of the Witch. "You know why you're here, faun?" she asked.

"Because I believe... in a free Narnia," he answered. She stared at him. "You're here... because he," she pointed her wand at me, "... turned you in, for sweeties," she said. Tumnus stared at me, shocked.

"Take him upstairs, and ready my sleigh," she ordered the guard who was dragging Tumnus out of the room. "Tao misses his family," she teased, and left me alone in the prison again.

Great. Guys, could you just get me out of here?