Battles and Resurrections

Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe

[1 hour later, after they left]

 

We walked towards Aslan who was lying lifelessly on the Table. I sat beside him and took out my cordial. Sena shook her head.

"It's too late," she told me. "He's gone," she finished and sat beside me, a tear came out of my eye. "He must've known what he was doing," she comforted me. I sobbed and hugged the lion, Sena too. We heard squeaks nearby. We raised our heads, mice were climbing on the lion's rope.

"Get away! Get away, all of you!" Sena ordered them. I widened my eyes, they were chewing on the rope. "No. Look," I told her. A rope was broken, Sena got the idea. We helped to release Aslan. I put my head on his neck. Sena placed her hand on my shoulder.

"We have to tell the others," she told me. I widened my eyes. "We can't just leave him!" I argued. "Mei mei, there's no time. They need to know," she forced. Wind blew towards the forest, I looked towards the direction, remembering what Mr. Tumnus taught me.

"The trees," I told her.

- - -

Kris' POV:

We were sleeping in our tent, a gust of wind blew into our tent. I felt something carresing my cheek, I slowly opened my eyes. I saw petals floating, forming a figure. I drew my sword in a shock. Tao woke up beside me, staring at me weirdly. The petals formed a figure of a girl.

"Be still, my Princes. I bring grave news from your sisters," she told us. I furrowed my eyebrows. Sena and Luxi?

- - -

[30 minutes later]

I got out of Aslan's tent, Orieus and Tao waiting outside. "She's right. He's gone," I told them. The figure told us that Aslan was dead, so I went to check in his tent. I looked at the battlefield map and closed my eyes. Tao looked at Orieus for a while, then turned to me.

"Then you'll have to lead us," he told me. Me? Lead a battle? Maybe I'm Knight of Narnia, doesn't mean I have to lead. I glared at him. "Gege, there's an army out there... and it's ready to follow you," he said. I furrowed my eyebrows and shook my head.

"Tao, I can't--," I protested. "Aslan believed you could," he reminded me, my eyebrows changed to normal when I thought about Aslan, "and so do I," he finished. I smiled at him. Orieus suddenly spoke up.

"The Witch's army is nearing, sire. What are your orders?" he asked me. I penetrated my eyes at the map, thinking of strategies.

----------------------------------------------

[play music here, skip to 0:30]

We arrived at the battlefield, Beruna. A griffin flew above me, cawing. I sat on my unicorn, with Orieus beside me. Tao stood on the rock cliff with the archers. We wore our armors, swords, and shields. The griffin flew to the hill, back to me and landed on my right.

"They've come, Your Highness, with numbers and weapons far greater than our own," he reported. "Numbers don't win a battle," Orieus scoffed. I shook my head. "No, but I bet they help," I said rather nervously. A sound of horn was heard, signaling their arrival. The jaguars and cheetahs in our army growled and snarled.

Just then, Otmin showed up alone. He roared, other creatures came behind. Trolls, giants, dwarves, tigers, etc. The White Witch rode a chariot pulled by two polar bears. She wore a dress made of armor and fur that looked like Aslan's mane, a sign that she killed him. The army was way bigger than ours, forming one full line.

I looked at Tao, he nodded at me, signaling that he's sure we can do it. I turned back and drew my sword, a sign we were ready for battle. The army cheered and shouted.

"I have no interest in prisoners. Kill them all," the Witch said. Otmin and some of his army charged forward. We stayed for a while, I waved my sword, Tao signaled the air force (including griffins, hawks, eagles, etc.) to attack. They brought big rocks towards the Witch's army.

"Look to the sky!" Otmin told them. The archers started shooting arrows, our air force dropped the rocks down, some got killed. I watched them and turned to Orieus.

"Are you with me?" I asked him. He looked at me and smiled confidently.

"To the death," he answered. I turned forward and got ready.

"FOR NARNIA, AND FOR ASLAN!!!!" I shouted and charged forward with Orieus. The army of centaurs, jaguars, and fauns followed. The Witch's army moved forward. Kris lowered his helmet cover.

[left: Aslan's (Kris') army, right: Witch's army]

(PAUSE music here)

----------------------------------------------

Sena's POV:

We waited in the morning, we fell asleep in the Stone Table. I woke Luxi who was beside me.

"We should go," I told her, standing up and helped her down. As we walked down the stairs, Luxi took one last look on Aslan. We turned, a second later, a small earthquake sent us falling in the staircase. Luxi turned and widened her eyes.

"Aslan!" she shouted. I turned, Aslan was gone and the Table cracked into half. We approached it.

"Where is he?" Luxi asked. "What have they done?" I mumbled. We looked down in disappointment. Suddenly, the sun rose, we looked up slowly. Our eyes widened and our jaws dropped, seeing a familiar figure in front of us.

"ASLAN!!" we shouted, ran and hugged him. We smiled, he chuckled.

"But, we saw the k-knife... the Witch--" I stuttered. "If the Witch knew the true meaning of sacrifice, she would've understood the Deep Magic differently. And if someone was killed in the traitor's stead, the Stone Table will crack, and even death itself will turn backwards," he explained. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"But, we sent the news that you were dead!" I widened my eyes. "Kris and Tao would've gone to war," I told him, Luxi drew her dagger. "We have to help them," she said. Aslan chuckled. "We will, dear one. But not alone," he said, smirking.

"Climb on my back. We have far to go, and little time to get there. And you may want to cover your ears," he suggested as we climb. We covered them as Aslan let out a huge, loud, wild roar.

----------------------------------------------

Author's POV:

The battle continued, Kris' army was outnumbered. By that moment, the Witch moved forward, with the rest of the army.

"Fire!" Tao ordered a Centaur archer. She fired a burnt arrow to the sky. A Phoenix flew towards the battlefield, making a fire wall between Kris' army and the Witch's.

Kris stopped for a while and removed his helmet cover, the Witch used her wand to part the fire, still moving forward. Kris moved back.

"Fall back! Draw them to the rocks!" he ordered them, running to the valley inside the cliff area. "That's the signal! Come on!" Beaver told Tao as they heard a horn, they ran too.

----------------------------------------------

"Where are we going?" Sena asked Aslan as they were riding to the Witch's castle.

"Hang on!" he told them and quickened his pace.

----------------------------------------------

The army ran back to the valley, Tao raised his sword, the archers pulled and aimed. Once Kris' army was close enough, Tao lowered his sword, the archers fired. It hit some of the Witch's army.

Just then, Ginnarbrik aimed and shot an arrow to Kris' unicorn. It fell, sending Kris stumbling on the ground, his helmet off. Tao stared at him in horror, Orieus stopped in his track, seeing Kris. He and a rhino ran forward, attacking the Witch's army.

"Wait! Stop!" Kris ordered, but they ran pass him. His heartbeat doubled as he watched them. The rhino collapsed soon, Orieus killed Otmin and went for the Witch. He was close to attack, the Witch twisted her hand and turned Orieus into stone.

----------------------------------------------

Sena and Luxi ran into the Witch's palace, seeing stone statues and ice everywhere. Luxi stopped when she saw a statue shaped like a familiar faun.

Mr. Tumnus.

She gasped and sobbed in Sena's chest. Aslan moved forward, exhaled at him. The statue slowly unformed, Tumnus gaspd for air, he fell into Luxi's arms. They smiled and chuckled.

"Sena, this is--"

"Mr. Tumnus!" she cut her sister and hugged him. "Come, we must hurry and search the whole castle. Kris will need everyone he can get," Aslan told us as he already revived every creature in the room.

----------------------------------------------

Tao went downhill to join in the battle. Kris, seeing Orieus frozen, his army had become more disadvantaged and outnumbered.

"Tao! There's too many of them! Get out of here! Get the girls and get them home!" he told Tao. Beaver pulled his sleeve. "You heard him! Let's go!" they ran, but Tao stopped at a rock. He searched for the White Witch, glaring at her wand. He drew his sword.

"Kris said get out of here!" Beaver held him back. "Kris' not king yet!" Tao argued and launched forward, he jumped and tried to attack the Witch, she avoided him. She aimed her wand, but Tao had quick reflexes and shattered the wand. Kris saw this and stared at them. The Witch threw his sword away, stabbing Tao on his stomach.

"TAO!!" Kris shouted in horror. Tao collasped on the ground, groaning in pain. Kris immediately went and ran for the Witch, she took Tao's sword and attacked. She almost beated Kris in every move he made. Suddenly, they heard a roar. They turned their heads.

They saw Aslan on a mountain, with Sena, Luxi, Tumnus, and the rest of the army beside him. They widened their eyes. Kris smiled.

"Impossible!" the Witch mumbled. She saw Kris was distracted and took that opportunity to attack. She twisted her sword on Kris' leg, causing him to fall and lose his sword. She stabbed her sword on his sleeve, he shouted in pain. She also threw his shield away, he was left unarmed.

Aslan and his army ran towards the battlefield, the lion went for the Witch. Before she could stab her sword on Kris, Aslan jumped and pounced at her, she lost her sword. He glared at her, then finished her. Kris removed the sword and stood up, seeing Aslan and the Witch's skeleton. He smiled.

"It is finished," Aslan said.

"Kris ge!" Luxi and Sena shouted, Luxi hugged him. Sena furrowed her eyebrows. "Where's Tao?" she asked. They widened their eyes and ran to him.

Tao was lying on the ground, gasping for air. Ginnarbrik approached him.

"Tao ge!" Luxi shouted. Sena aimed her arrow and shot it towards the dwarf's chest. He collasped, they ran to Tao. Sena removed his helmet, they all looked at Luxi, who was taking her cordial. She let one drip into her brother's mouth. Tao closed his eyes for a while. 10 seconds later, he coughed and opened his eyes. Unexpectedly, Kris was the first ot hug him.

"When are you ever gonna learn to do as you're told?" Kris teased. They laughed and embraced. They saw Aslan reviving a Narnian, Luxi took her potion and looked at us. We nodded and smiled. She stood up and began healing the other soldiers.