Moving to Korea

Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe

[so, before you ask, their home takes place in China, so their conversation will be in Chinese]


[World War II, one night in China]

Author's POV:

Planes flying around the night sky, dropping bombs towards the land of China. The rest of the orphanage were busy evacuating, while Tao just sat on his couch watching the battle.

"TAO!!" the mistress called, pulling him up. "Get away from there!" she ordered him.

"Wu Fan!" she called. Kris ran into the room. "What did you think you were doing? The shelter! Kris, the shelter, now!" she ordered.

"Come on!" Kris pulled Tao out of the room.

"Jie jie (=unnie / older sister)!" Luxi called from her bed. Sena was running into the room, grabbing her flashlight. "Luxi, come on!" she grabbed Luxi and ran to the shelter.

"Come on! Hurry!" she shouted as they ran. Just at the door after everyone got in, Tao forgot something.

"Wait! Baba (= appa / dad)!" he ran back into the room. Kris followed him behind. "Kris! Tao!" the mistress called. "I'll get him!" Kris reassured her.

Tao ran into his room, grabbed a portrait of his dad, suddenly a bomb was heading there.

"Tao, duck!" Kris crashed him onto the floor. "Come on, you idiot! Let's go!" he ordered. They ran back, Kris slammed him onto the floor and started protesting.

"Why do you always have to be so selfish!? You only think about yourself! You could've got us killed!" he protested angrily. "STOP IT!" the mistress ordered. Sena held Tao's shoulder. Kris glared at him.

"Why can't you ever do as you're told?" he asked him and slammed the door shut.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

[the next day in the rail station]

"Be sure to keep this on you," the mistress said when she was placing Luxi's ticket. She is transferring all the kids in the orphanage to somewhere else safe. The Wu Siblings were brought to Korea, where the professor lives. "You warm enough?" she asked, Luxi nodded. Tao sighed and crossed his arms.

"If Baba were here, the war would be over and we wouldn't have to go," he protested. Kris glared at him. "If Dad wasn't fighting and the war is over then we wouldn't have to go," he fired at his brother. "You will listen to your brother, won't you, Tao?" the mistress stopped our fight. Tao sighed and nodded. She went to Kris.

"Promise me you'll take care of the others," she whispered and hugged him. "I will. Don't worry," he replied and smiled at her. She hugged Sena next. "Be a big girl," she told her. Sena smiled and nodded.

"Now, off you go," she said, they grabbed their suitcases and walked to the train. Luxi was still unsure what to do, Kris wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"It's gonna be alright, Luxi. Come on," he said, smiling at her. She nodded.

"Yah, get off! I know how to get on a train by myself!" Tao said, shrugging his shoulder off Sena's grip. Kris rolled his eyes, just then he saw an army of soldiers walking by. He stared at them.

"Kris!" Sena snapped him. He blinked and got on the train. Kris sat beside Luxi, Sena beside Tao.

For after 3 hours, they finally made it to a halt in Incheon. They waited, Sena looked at her watch. A car passed by, but it didn't come to pick them up.

"The Professor knew we were coming, right?" Sena asked, furrowing her eyebrows. "Maybe we haven't been correctly labeled," Tao mumbled, checking on his label. Just then, a female voice was heard.

"Come on! Come on, girl!" she shouted. A vintage carriage was seen, pulled by a white horse, a familiar lady was coaching.

"And whoa. Whoa," she ordered the horse. It stopped and she glared at the kids. Kris and Sena looked at each other, with a weird expression on their faces.

 

Kris' POV:

"And whoa. Whoa," she ordered the horse. It stopped, a familiar old woman glared at us. Sena and I looked at each other, with a weird facial expression on our faces.

"M-Mrs. Macready?" I asked. "I'm afraid so," she replied. Mrs. Macready was Professor Soo Man's household. She is really harsh, I can tell.

"Is that it, then? Haven't you brought anything else?" she asked us. "No, ma'am. It's just us," I told her. Luxi nodded.

"Small favors," she said.

We got on the carriage and went to Professor's mansion. 10 minutes later, a big mansion was shown.

We got into the house. Mrs. Macready started explaining the rules.

"Professor Soo Man is not accustomed to having children in his house. And as such, there are a few rules we need to follow. There will be no shouting," she glared at Sena, "or running. No improper use of the dumbswaiter."

Sena tried to touch a statue. "NO! Touching the historical artifacts," Mrs. Macready fired at her. The three of us gagged, as Sena was the only one who's so interested in history.

"And above all, there shall be no disturbing of the Professor," she told us, whispering on the last part.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

[that night]

We got ready for bed. The house wasn't as grand as I thought. Just vintage furnitures, artifacts everywhere. The radio suddenly started spitting out how the war is going in China. Sena stood up in an instant and turned it off. Luxi sniffled on the bed. I sat beside her.

"The sheets feel scratchy," she protested. Sena smiled at her. "Wars don't last forever, Luxi. We'll be home soon," she reassured her.

"If home's still there," Tao suddenly walked into the room. Sena sighed. "Isn't it time for you to go to bed?" she asked him. Tao furrowed his eyebrows.

"好的,妈妈 (= yes, mom)," he teased. I glared at him. "Tao!" I scolded him. I turned to Luxi. "Mei mei, you saw it outside. This place is huge. We can do whatever we want here. Tomorrow's gonna be great," I reassured her.


so, yeah... I'm gonna base this story according to the film...

So, for the cast:

  • Kris as Peter
  • Sena (OC) as Susan
  • Tao as Edmund
  • Luxi (OC) as Lucy
  • Professor Soo Man as Professor Digory Kirke

I'll be updating soon!!!