Epilogue

Of Band Geeks and Orch-Dorks (Choir is Overrated)

It was finally the end of the year. Kris, Minseok, and Luhan are graduating high school. The three of them were standing at the front of line with their instruments in there hands. As part of the symphonic orchestra, they were required to play the school song and a congratulatory piece to open the graduation ceremony. 

"There's so many people," Sehun mumbles over Minseok's shoulder, "I think I'm going to throw up." 

Minseok clutches Jacqueline to his chest, fearing for his cello's livelihood, "Please don't."

"Just relax," Kris squeezes Sehun's shoulder.

"At least you're not going to walk across stage with everyone watching your every move while you shake the principal's hand. I just know I'm going to trip," Luhan swings his violin bow on his pointer finger. 

Minseok stares in horror at Luhan, "I'll never do that to you Jacqueline, don't worry," Minseok gently pets the wood side of his cello bow. 

Jongin comes over and swings his arm over Sehun's shoulder, "Hey the worst thing you could do is like drop your viola or something. Or have a string pop and flick you in the eye, making you blind in one eye for the rest of your life. Or your bow collides into your stand partner and snaps in half. Or -" 

"Okay Jongin, that's enough." Kyungsoo places a hand over Jongin's mouth and guides him away. 

Sehun stares in horror at his viola, "You don't hate me that much do you," he whispers to the viola. 

__________

Chen is weary of Jongin. As much as he enjoys the company of his friend, the last time they played on stage, Chen slipped on Jongin's spit. AGAIN. Oh no, Chen's lost sight of him. 

"Chen, do you have an extra cloth? I forgot to empty spit valve the last time I played and it's getting really gross in there," Jongin peers into his trumpet.

"NO I DO NOT HAVE AN EXTRA CLOTH TO CLEAN YOUR BODILY FLUIDS. THAT IS DISGUSTING. WHY WOULD YOU ASK ME THAT? ARE YOU GOING TO USE IT AND GIVE IT BACK? THAT'S DISGUSTING! THERE ARE A BAJILLION GERMS IN your BODILY FLUIDS AND I BET THEY MULTIPLIED IN THAT THING!" he gestures to Jongin's trumpet.

"Okay...you don't have to yell, I'll just ask Luhan."

"Maybe, if you told him of your problem, he'd stop," Junmyeon rubs Chen's back. 

"You don't understand, Junmyeon. No matter how many times I've told him not to pour his spit onto the floor and to stop eating before blowing in that thing, he doesn't listen! He's been like that since middle school! It's so disgustingggg~" Chen whines. 

"Maybe, if you touched it and got to know it a little bit better you wouldn't be afraid," Yixing comments. 

"I've seen Jongin as a baby, I don't know how much more you want me to know him," Chen grumbles. 

"He means that you should stick Chen Jr. up - gah!" Baekhyun gives a yelp when Junmyeon smakes him across the head. 

Yixing grips Chen's shoulders in his hand, "You have to get over your fears Chen. Maybe you could get a sample of Jongin's spit. I think the chemistry lab is open after school. That way you'll know there aren't any infectious germs!" 

"Okay! Too much candy for you," Junmyeon pulls Yixing away. 

Chen stares in horror at Yixing before promptly screaming. 

____________

"I think I'm going to throw up. I'm going to throw up. There's so many people! I think a million people are in there!" Sehun clutches Tao's arm. 

"I'm losing blood in my arm, Sehun. And I would need it for the next hour, thank you very much," Tao tears his arm away from Sehun and steps away. 

Sehun looses balance and he's falling towards the floor. It's too late for his feet to catch himself. He drops his bow and grabs onto the firs thing his hand grazes, which happens to be Minseok's graduation gown. 

This story ends with Jacqueline's funeral. Which we will not go in detail, because Minseok will cry for hours.