Shots#25-27/Jongin

Of Band Geeks and Orch-Dorks (Choir is Overrated)

Forgive me?

7 Ways to Eat Pizza

After the fiasco with the questionable meat, the five young men decided to just stick with ordering pizza for dinner that night. Kris had no appetite after learning what the meat actually was. Jongin was always hungry, plus he wanted to erase the horrible memory of the incident. Chanyeol have caved into the smell of the fresh pizza while walking in their hotel building.

The five boys are spread out among Jongin and Chen's room. Jongin is on the bed clutching a pillow and staring blankly at the wall. Kris is lying on the other bed lazily flipping through the television channels. Chanyeol is diligently going through Chen's bag for who knows what. Yixing himself is diligently watching in delight as Chanyeol hands him some m&ms he found in the bag. The bag owner is in the bathroom emptying his stomach.

The doorbell rings and Chanyeol drops Chen's bag and sprints towards the door for the pizza. Chen quietly opens the door of the bathroom and peaks out into the room. The smell of pizza spreads throughout the room and Chen quickly comes out the bathroom to join Jongin on the bed. Chanyeol thanks the pizza man and makes his way to set the two boxes of pizza on the table. Kris is starving so he rips one box out from Chanyeol's hand to grab a slice of pizza to shove into his mouth.

Jongin makes his way off the bed and reaches pass Kris for a slice. Jongin looks behind him and notices Chen is still on the bed. Jongin feels a bit guilty towards Chen because Chen is really sensitive to these things. So Jongin smiles and he gently tries to coax Chen to accept the pizza in his hand. Chen smiles and makes his way to grab the pizza from his friend's hand, but stop midway.

"What's wrong?" Jongin asks, "I know you're hungry."

Chen scrunches his nose, "You didn't wash your hands."

"Oh, sorry," Jongin smiles sheepishly.

"It's okay. It's the thought that counts," Chen smiles as he gets off the bed.

Chanyeol is starring at the pizza and frowns, "Damn, I forgot to ask for ranch."

Kris stares at his friend in disgust, "That's gross."

"No it's not! Ranch gives it that nice cooling affect when you bight into a hot slice of pizza!" Chanyeol retaliates.

"Huh, I'll have to try it next time," Yixing mumbles as he bites into the crust.

"You eat your pizza backwards?" Chen asks.

"The crust is the best part."

"Why is why you save it for last," Chen empties the third packet of parmesan onto his pizza.

"Isn't that too much cheese?" Jongin takes a bite from his folded pizza.

"Shut up, I don't need your negativity in my life."

"You guys eat your pizza weird," Kris watches Jongin fold his pizza in half again.

"Luhan puts Sriracha on his pizza," Yixing mentions.

"Whoa! That's a good idea! I wouldn't mind giving my pizza an extra kick," Chanyeol exclaims.

Kris shrugs, "yeah, but you could enjoy pizza in its natural form."

"Would you eat salad alone?" Chanyeol asks.

"No, salad's completely different."

"See! You'd want to put ranch on it!"

"But-" Kris starts.

"Nope, case closed, pizza needs that extra kick."

Kris rolls his eyes, but his eyes widens as he watches Jongin roll his second slice of pizza like a fruit roll up, "What are you doing?"

Jongin shrugs, "I wanted something different, if you eat your pizza a different way then it taste different."

Kris stares at the trumpet player in disbelief and doesn't comment. Instead he grabs his third slice of pizza and convinces himself that his way of eating pizza is the best.

Conductors are Scary

So far, the trip for Sehun has gone pretty well so far. His viola hasn't been rebelling this past week. He's pretty happy. Presently, the symphonic orchestra plans to play for a group of kindergartners. Sehun's buddy on this trip is Junmyeon because for some reason Jongin wants to be around Chen. Who knows why because Sehun's pretty sure Chen has a fear of Jongin. A Jonginphobia of some sort.

Sehun's watching the little children crowd around Junmyeon's feet as he shows them his violin. Junmyeon is ecstatic at the moment. The little children in the kindergarten are the cutest things he's ever seen. Or so he told Sehun. Sehun just think's he's trying to build up a group of minions. Something along those lines.

Sehun rolls his eyes as he hears Suho make a high pitched squeal when a little girl performs some aegyo for him.

"Junmyeon! Hurry up and get in your seat! We can't start without you!" Sehun hears Luhan yell.

Junmyeon smiles sadly at his little minions and waves goodbye.

Sehun quickly picks up his viola as the conductor raises his baton. The conductor takes a deep breath and the symphony begins to play. Sehun is flicking his eyes from his sheet music to the conductor's arms. Sehun is also acutely aware of his stand partner next to him. He definitely doesn't want to start another bow fight.

Sehun then flicks his eyes away from the sheet music to look at the children's reactions. All of them are starring in awe at the orchestra save for one little boy who holds the same expression Sehun constantly has on his face. The expression of boredom and disinterest.Sehun can't blame him, he would rather play with Legos than fawn over an orchestra.

Sehun quickly shifts his eyes back to his sheet music and then back up to the conductor. Except, there's something blocking his vision of the conductor's right arm. And it's flying his way. The item jabs Sehun on the forehead and it catches him by surprise. Sehun's throw back far enough that his chair hits the music stand behind him and it creates a domino effect throughout the viola section until the last chair hits Chanyeol's music stand. The last music stand hits the giant gong and leaves a resonating bong throughout the elementary school.

Sehun is stupefied. He stares at the ground and spots the conductor's baton on the floor. He scrunches his nose and rubs the small welt forming on his forehead.

Sehun also looks up towards the group of children and sees the previous bored child clutching his stomach and laughing. Sehun pouts and realizes that maybe in his previous life he had messed with Beethoven or something and now his ghost is out to get him.

 Back in the hotel room, Kris is in front of him with a bottle of Chinese medicinal oil in his hand. Sehun crinkles his nose at the smell and wonders why Kris carries that around.

"Hold still," Kris grabs Sehun's head to stop the younger's escape.

"It stinks," Sehun whines.

"Do you want a big purple welt on your forehead?" Kris looks in Sehun's eyes.

Sehun pouts, "I'd rather not use that smelly stuff."

"Too bad," Kris pours a generous amount of oil onto his fingers and purposely jabs the middle of Sehun's bruise hard.

Sehun yelps and whacks Kris' arm away, "That doesn't help!"

"Tao, hold him still," Kris signals as he pouts more oil onto his fingers.

"Taozi," Sehun whines.

"It's for your own good," Tao sighs as he sets Sehun on his lap.

Sehun pouts, then winces as Kris rubs his bruise.

Rock the Bus

Luhan has had enough with transportation. He feels perfectly fine when he drives a car by himself. He ever feels perfectly fine when Chanyeol drives the car. And Chanyeol is a crazy driver, but when it comes to sitting on an airplace, a boat, or so help him, a bus, he gets motion sickness. He's completely spent by the end of the tour and regrets being convinced by Minseok to come join the fun. Throwing up twice out the window of a bus is far from his idea of fun. It's another 12 hour drive back to the school and Luhan is not excited. At all.

Minseok isn't all that excited either because hearing Luhan throw up was not listed in the book of friendships. But Minseok's prepared for this bus ride back. He has a plastic bag filled with a face mask, gloves, napkins, and lots more plastic bags.

Luhan is again sitting in the window seat with Minseok next to him. Minseok is cajoling Luhan to take some Nyquil.

"NO WAY! I'm not taking that!" Luhan yells as he stares at the gigantic green pill in Minseok's hand.

"Come on Lu, it'll help. Would you rather throw up the whole bus ride or be in dreamland?" Minseok points out.

"He's got a very good point Luhan. And it's not just for you. I don't think anyone on this bus wants to hear you upturning your breakfast," Chen pipes up. Chen has a new fear of throw up, coupled with his fear of spit. He would very like to have Luhan's breakfast stay in his stomach.

Luhan purses his lips, "Fine, but if I choke on this and die, I'm haunting the out of you Minseok," Luhan grabs the pill and quickly throws it into his mouth.

"Hey, what's that?" Junmyeon walks pass the group of three.

"Nyquil to knock out Luhan," Minseok replies.

"Can I have some?" Junmyeon asks.

"Sure, I didn't know you got motion sickness too," Minseok takes out the package.

"Oh, no. It's not for me," Junmyeon smiles happily as he takes two pills form the package.

Minseok scrunches his eyebrows, "Who's it for then?"

"Chanyeol and Baekhyun. If they sing one word from a Disney song again, I'm going to reach down their throats and rip out their vocal chords."

Luhan, Minseok, and Chen stare at the violinist in horror.

Chen gulps and clutches his throat, "You have a knife with you?"

Junmyeon smiles again, "Snagged it from the restaurant," Junmyeon pats his pants pocket and stalks off to find water for Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

"Remind me to never get on Junmyeon's bad side," Luhan murmurs to Minseok.

Minseok nods as he watches Junmyeon hand the pills to the singing couple.

Character Background: Jongin

Jongin is a sophomore. He is part of band, symphonic band, and marching band. He is 1st chair trumpet and most of the time the only trumpet. He started playing trumpet in middle school because his girlfriend told him he was a bad kisser and he needed practice, but not with her. That's how his first girlfriend broke up with him. He heard a rumor that trumpet players are good kissers and decided to pick up the trumpet. He's gotten pretty good at kissing, he thinks. But he does enjoy playing the trumpet because it's an escape from everyday life. He took marching band only because it counted as a gym credit. Except, once he got in, they told him it only counted as half a credit and he had to take something else anyway. After that he just stuck with marching band because he was allowed in school games for free. He also plays for the school's baseball team. His GPA is a 3.8. Jongin's an introvert and a quiet kid. He doesn't have a lot of friends and he doesn't particularly like high school. He hopes that college is a lot better than high school.

 

A/N:

I'm so sorry for not updating this story in like weeks D: Forgive me? I got caught up with the Exo comeback and my professor had to assign this 6 page single spaced essay these past few weeks. It's not the best chapter *cries* But how do you guys eat your pizza? I used to eat it with ranch or piled with parmesan. Other than that, a normal pizza is wonderfully delicious. One time my conductor did accidentally throw his baton. It flew backwards thankfully, but with Sehun's bad luck, of course it whacked him in the forehead. Anyone else get motion sickness. Oh man, I went on a boat once. Sweet Shisus I'm never getting on one EVER. I even took motion sickness pills D: Car and airplane I'm fine, but boats man, lemme tell you. The medicine is called Bonine. It helps on roller coasters too ^^ But for the sake of the story, Nyquil will have to do :3 Look forward to the next update!!